What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Morgan

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The change I wanted to see this year was a team that showed more skill in attack and played to their strengths not more of the same predictable footy. Good to see young guys get a go but they aren't going to b the ones to turn it around unless this changes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The change I wanted to see this year was a team that showed more skill in attack and played to their strengths not more of the same predictable footy. Good to see young guys get a go but they aren't going to b the ones to turn it around unless this changes.

Mad merkin! You want us to chuck it around against set defensive lines?

Could get ugly.

Chipmunk

Coach

The coaching staff has no intention of turning anything around this season and has written the year off already. They dont rate the majority of the players to be able to get the job done and have given them an 'out' to perform badly by telling them that there will be plenty of 50-0 scorelines.

This year is more about development than competition... dare I say it, a rebuilding year, but hopefully what we develop this year will help us to become a Top 4 side in coming years.

Until Stick gets the players he wants and gets rid of the players he doesnt we wont be seeing too much change.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Until Stick gets the players he wants and gets rid of the players he doesnt we wont be seeing too much change.

Hoppa
Hock
Mossop
Norman

An Origin player, and International, a talented forward and a talented back?

Surely Ricky's been given enough there to work with for next year?

Chipmunk

Coach
Hoppa
Hock
Mossop
Norman

An Origin player, and International, a talented forward and a talented back?

Surely Ricky's been given enough there to work with for next year?

Id like to see a better dummy half added to that lot as well, but it is certainly a good start. If we can get a high quality dummy half who can direct the team around the field, along with those 4 above, plus some experience in some of the younger guys this year then I expect us to be more than competitive next year.

Chipmunk

Coach
If we can replace the 9 then I'd be happy with our current 7

I agree with that. We are sort of stuck with Sandow, we are not stuck with Keating. Clearly to me with Sandow as the 7 we need a different and better number 9 than we currently do.

IFR33K

Coach
If we can replace the 9 then I'd be happy with our current 7

Comes down to norman, and if he has organizing skills. Will certainly make sandows job easier if he does.

Not sure if we have seen enough of him, to suggest he does.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Kelly does have some organizing skills. He does have a half's intuition of where the game is heading etc, but his execution this year is poor. So if he was at hooker with Sandow at 7 and Norman at 6 with Hayne at 1, we might have a pretty good spine.

Chipmunk

Coach
Kelly does have some organizing skills. He does have a half's intuition of where the game is heading etc, but his execution this year is poor. So if he was at hooker with Sandow at 7 and Norman at 6 with Hayne at 1, we might have a pretty good spine.

I think Kelly is at least worth a try in the 9. I think I would try him at 9, put Paulo in at 6 and see how Sandow goes without a naturally organising player at 6. From what I have seen of Norman so far he hasnt shown anything that would indicate he is a natural organising type of 6, so we might as well look like what Sandow is going to provide without another organiser in the halves.