What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Morgan

offside ref

Juniors
One other school of thought is that he has already resigned and is part of ruckus plans, but seeing as we are no chance of playing finals footy this year Ricky is using the opportunity to test api and Co to see if they will be in the plans the next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wonder if a mid season transfer is on the cards? It all seems very strange to me. The more games we give to debutants this year the more it effects (just for you Pou ;-) ) our salary cap. Something must be going on.

Guys in the fulltime squad are already counted under the cap. That includes Wiliame.

The under 20s that have been brought in don't count under the cap until they play first grade, which is why backup players like Tautai are being arseholed from the club - because the teenagers are better players than them, and cheaper.

#'academy'

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are Toutai and Sio better than Ryan Morgan?????

They provide better go-forward, which is essential for any winger not named Luke Burt.

Ryan Morgan made 28 metres in his last NRL match. That's barely acceptable for a centre but for a winger it is completely unacceptable.

I'd have Morgan in the team, but only at centre. He is not a winger's arsehole, whereas Sio and Toutai have the physical presence to do the job. They just need some confidence.

Bigfella

Coach
They could also do with some handling skills, match awareness, bomb catching lessons, positional play, defensive communication, numbering up, and, try scoring ability.

strider

Post Whore
yeah it doesn't matter if they let in 50 trys - as long as they look mean getting out of dummy half

IFR33K

Coach
They could also do with some handling skills, match awareness, bomb catching lessons, positional play, defensive communication, numbering up, and, try scoring ability.

I'd just be happy if they could learn to catch a ball on a consistant basis.

yy_cheng

Coach
Well they do have inexperience in defence inside them alla loko and api and sandow.

If they had a matt cooper telling them what to do they would taught better

Morgan have resigned but in his contract it says has to plax 10 wenty games

oldmancraigy

Coach
yeah it doesn't matter if they let in 50 trys - as long as they look mean getting out of dummy half

Let's be fair, Morgan would defend equally as poorly as them on the wing.

I still haven't bought the "Ryan Morgan is a first grader" stock. For mine he's a backup (ie, 20-25 squad member). If he wants be paid better than that warrants, then good luck to him (elsewhere).

I still think he rushes in too far and leaves his outside defender/s on an "island" with too many decisions to make on their own. He needs to let the inside slide do the job and keep pushing to the centre or wing.

So far this year he's played some good games, and seems to be our best right centre option. But he's not a worldbeater, and if the coach wants to look at guys 3-4 years younger than him , who have higher ceilings, then that's fine with me.

emjaycee

Coach
I just think if Ricky wants Morgan gone then he should hurry up and tell us.
I mean doesn't he know that by not communicating the inner workings of the club, team selection, and injury recovery etc. he is confusing all us fans and leading to really crazy speculation being made on here.
:crazy:

I just think if Ricky wants Morgan gone then he should hurry up and tell us.
I mean doesn't he know that by not communicating the inner workings of the club, team selection, and injury recovery etc. he is confusing all us fans and leading to really crazy speculation being made on here.
:crazy:

What if he doesn't want him gone, and is simply concerned with the state of his hammy, and doesn't want another pull-out 10 minutes before kick off? I'm not sure why Ricky would care whether we speculate on the reasons. As long as Ricky and Morgan know what is going, then whatever we reckon doesn't have too much effect.

....and of course, Morgs might run on in FG on Sunday.

emjaycee

Coach
What if he doesn't want him gone, and is simply concerned with the state of his hammy, and doesn't want another pull-out 10 minutes before kick off? I'm not sure why Ricky would care whether we speculate on the reasons. As long as Ricky and Morgan know what is going, then whatever we reckon doesn't have too much effect.

....and of course, Morgs might run on in FG on Sunday.

Totally agree - my post was in jest based on all the crazy speculation in this thread (and others) about why Morgan was not named.

Seriously some of us really need to get a life
(and that isn't aimed at you necessarily BO'S)

jk13

First Grade
He might still have some post traumatic depression after kearney ran the water bottle past him the other week