What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Morgan

The Colonel

Immortal
I think Kelly is at least worth a try in the 9. I think I would try him at 9, put Paulo in at 6 and see how Sandow goes without a naturally organising player at 6. From what I have seen of Norman so far he hasnt shown anything that would indicate he is a natural organising type of 6, so we might as well look like what Sandow is going to provide without another organiser in the halves.

So why put Paulo at 5/8? Another player who can't organise in the halves to place more pressure on Kelly to move to a new position and do the organising. I would be happier to see Paulo used as the back rower he quite clearly is and leave the halves the way they are at the present moment and let Kelly learn the hooking role in the off season.

Just moving Keating out of dummy half won't change things at the present moment.

IFR33K

Coach
When Sticky leaves and a new coach comes in it will be more rebuilding years. It's non stop rebuilding.

RS doing a good job. Clearing the deadwood, and making good key signings too.

Got the academy into shape, and blooded some good kids.

Credit where it's due, well done RS.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
RS doing a good job. Clearing the deadwood, and making good key signings too.

Got the academy into shape, and blooded some good kids.

Credit where it's due, well done RS.

I fully agree. He's going good.

I'm just a bit skeptical as we've seen it all before.

Chipmunk

Coach
So why put Paulo at 5/8? Another player who can't organise in the halves to place more pressure on Kelly to move to a new position and do the organising. I would be happier to see Paulo used as the back rower he quite clearly is and leave the halves the way they are at the present moment and let Kelly learn the hooking role in the off season.

Just moving Keating out of dummy half won't change things at the present moment.

Because I think we need see how Sandow is going to go with no other organising player in the halves.

I would be happier in general for Paulo to play in the back-row too. I just want to see what happens when all the organising is going to be up to Sandow.

It is an experimental/development year. We might as well try things. What we are currently doing isnt working

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the ages of our current first grade team, compared to the ages of some of the guys in Wenty, is a pretty good indicator of how the academy has been going.

If only we'd had an academy in the years leading up to 2010, we might have had a much better squad over the past two years.

Kearney haters could even argue we might never have had to put up with him as coach, if previous coaches had cared about player succession and retention.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Wasn't Prince brought in to cover the organizing role left behind by Lockyer?
I have not watched enough Broncos games but if Prince is off the field isn't Wallace doing the organising?
It seems Norman is just playing as an extra MAN when the back line is sweeping in attack and as a support player running off forwards getting a ball away during collision.
If Norman can play organiser then that will be a fantastic bonus for us next year.
Am surprised Kelly is struggling lately - am not giving up on him yet, have seen him do some fantastic under 20's work as an organiser with Storm. If he keeps floundering over the coming 6 weeks then off to 9 or 14 and as a backup 6.

Chipmunk

Coach
Wasn't Prince brought in to cover the organizing role left behind by Lockyer?
I have not watched enough Broncos games but if Prince is off the field isn't Wallace doing the organising?
It seems Norman is just playing as an extra MAN when the back line is sweeping in attack and as a support player running off forwards getting a ball away during collision.
If Norman can play organiser then that will be a fantastic bonus for us next year.
Am surprised Kelly is struggling lately - am not giving up on him yet, have seen him do some fantastic under 20's work as an organiser with Storm. If he keeps floundering over the coming 6 weeks then off to 9 or 14 and as a backup 6.

It's a far too big an IF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Say you are right then who do we have besides possibly Kelly (if he sorts his shit out) to do the organising...... Hayne?

How the f**k are we going to threaten the top 8 without a genuine organiser next year?

What do you mean by an organiser? And don't say 'the merkin what steers the team around the park' because that's what the game plan is for.

byrner

Juniors
What do you mean by an organiser? And don't say 'the merkin what steers the team around the park' because that's what the game plan is for.

You still need somebody to organise and make sure the game plan is being followed. E.g Cronk, Thurston, Lockyer, Prince (a few years back).