What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RYAN WEBB...Gone Missing ????

denis preston

First Grade
"St George Illawarra’s preference was always to sell to WIN Corporation because of the firm’s strong ties to the region and passion for the football franchise."

What a load of crap! What about Paul Smith? He had strong ties to the region and a very strong passion for the football franchise and offered more dollars than the Gordon's. It was a shonky deal and everyone knows it. If the Sharks are known as the scum by us fans, then our Board are the scum of business and the way that the transactions took place should have been investigated by the Regulator (ASIC).
Say something enough and it becomes fact ? Apart from a disgruntled Smith , what concrete evidence do we have here? Is it legal to accept a lower bid ? Really , what are the facts here ? I’m not-defending the club at all here , just intrigued .

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm not totally against it but I would have liked someone with experience as a head coach. This is a big ask for a rookie, lets hope he brings some souths players with him.
The one thing that Hornby will bring back to the Dragons is the passion and the will to win for the Red V. I have said all along, the selection of a coach to replace Griffin is an enormously hard task for our head honchos. Not that there are no others who could be better than him, it's the ability of the new coach to maintain a winning edge beyond anything else for a considerable time. Not just for a year or so but a long time.

Would any of those that are available have that ability like the Robinsons, Bellamys and Bennetts. Possibly Hasler and maybe Hornby. So before that final decision is made, all necessary bits and pieces of the puzzle need to be put into place because any failure now for the years ahead will send us further into oblivion.

jodragon40

Juniors
I said in 2021 when Haran became head of football that we wouldn't be competitive until 2025 and unfortunately I appear to be right. Haran and Webb do not come from footballing backgrounds. This is what Haran said after he was promoted from being manager of hospitality to head of football.
Haran credited new Dragons head coach Anthony Griffin ahead of the club's 2021 campaign., 2021 is going to be a big year at the Dragons due to the changes we have undertaken. There's a lot of things to be excited about as a club as a whole," Haran said. Furthermore he said this " Anthony Griffin was a great appointment for us as a club; his experience and understanding of what it takes to bring young players through is undeniable."

Now does everyone understand why we are in such deep shit.

citizen

Juniors
I'm not totally against it but I would have liked someone with experience as a head coach. This is a big ask for a rookie, let's hope he brings some souths players with him.
Hornby could work but only if has the right people around him. He would need a strong director of football for starters.

We have no identity. We need someone who can instil passion back in the jersey. Give us a style that is us.

At the moment what we are known for is pedestrian attack with soft defence up the middle.

BTB

Juniors
Hornby could work but only if has the right people around him. He would need a strong director of football for starters.

We have no identity. We need someone who can instil passion back in the jersey. Give us a style that is us.

At the moment what we are known for is pedestrian attack with soft defence up the middle.
Right people around him.
Do you mean, people like
Des Hasler?

RedVee_8

Juniors

Someone like Richardson as GM Footy?
(People have mentioned that in other threads)

jodragon40

Juniors
Things we need to be competitive again include Webb, Haran gone, so 2 new board members who have a footballing background . A recruitment and retention manager who has connections with the players managers and has a footballing background, is recognised and respected in the rugby league community that can attract the players we need. A new coach. A new high performance coach, the team looks slow and not 100% fit. One other thing stop that Doust who continues to influence the other board members who have no footballing background.

Last edited:

SaintPauli

Juniors
It was mentioned approx. A year ago the stands at the gong had concrete cancer and govt was not willing to invest there any longer. This topic has crickets and just typical where no one wants to put up their hand to resolve issues.

Also The taj mahal at kogarah is aging and the site it's on also has development issues due to flood zones. It overdue this club consolidates its issues and moves forward. Is anyone out there got the guts to resolve all these issues?
This is were the club members and red v members should have a stronger say too.

BTB

Juniors
It was mentioned approx. A year ago the stands at the gong had concrete cancer and govt was not willing to invest there any longer. This topic has crickets and just typical where no one wants to put up their hand to resolve issues.

Also The taj mahal at kogarah is aging and the site it's on also has development issues due to flood zones. It overdue this club consolidates its issues and moves forward. Is anyone out there got the guts to resolve all these issues?
This is were the club members and red v members should have a stronger say too.
So typical of this Board 😡
Just stick they heads back in the TROUGH. Let someone else worry about that home maintenance.
We're all to busy slurping down "crownies" & gobbling up "free Chinese food."

RedVee_8

Juniors
Just recieved e-mail for a forum next Tuesday in the gong.
Webb Lancaster and Haran will be there.
I will tune in on Zoom.
Mates have been to them and and get to ask 1 question and you get a BS answer.
I’m attending via zoom