What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles it is NOT - Rejects Dragons

twinkletoes

Juniors
I'd say after this debacle there will be a rush of player managers looking for alternate clubs for their players at the Dragons including Su'A who has been hanging out waiting for the new coach to be announced.

How would you feel if you were the other prospective coaches who had been placed on the backburner while negotiations ramped up with Ryles and now the club come crawling back, knowing you were second choice....disgraceful, amateurish...

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I'd say after this debacle there will be a rush of player managers looking for alternate clubs for their players at the Dragons including Su'A who has been hanging out waiting for the new coach to be announced.

How would you feel if you were the other prospective coaches who had been placed on the backburner while negotiations ramped up with Ryles and now the club come crawling back, knowing you were second choice....disgraceful, amateurish...

Debacle pretty much sums it up. Aspiring players don't want to go to the Dragons, now aspiring coaches don't want to go to the Dragons. Hard to see how this gets turned around.

At the members information session, Webb made a statement along the lines of the need to build a winning mentality, and how it will be part of the job of the next coach to do this. Given that the next coach will now be a second or third choice at best (or 4th, 5th or lower choice, who knows), how the hell are they going to build a winning mentality? The plan is now down the sh*t chute.

ralph18

Juniors
The club/board/management can be blamed for lots of things but all the speculation about Ryles was completely media & forum driven, wasn't it? I don't think there was ever anything "officially" announced, so they shouldn't be blamed for this unfortunate outcome.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The club/board/management can be blamed for lots of things but all the speculation about Ryles was completely media & forum driven, wasn't it? I don't think there was ever anything "officially" announced, so they shouldn't be blamed for this unfortunate outcome.
No, nothing was officially announced. But Ben Creagh definitely had discussions with Ryles. Roosters were sufficiently peeved that they told Ryles to pack his bags. During the media speculation, Dragons could have said we're looking at more than one option, they didn't. Webb has since confirmed they Ryles withdrew his application. It's pretty clear to me that the Dragons wanted him - they wouldn't be talking to him otherwise.

Victoire

Juniors
Just give the bloody job to Ryan Carr. By seasons end at least he has experience and not a rookie Head Coach like Hornby & Young.
who would want to be a 2nd or 3rd choice applicant!
Yep. I think that in all likelihood this board was going to make the wrong choice. If Ryles was their pick he was probably going to be a dud. Better to let the decision be taken out of their hands

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Astonishing...Our club is in worse shape than I thought...Really disappointed over this...

RIP Dragons
Chin up mate. It’s not like we missed out on Bellamy or Bennett. We missed out on Ryles…the bloke didn’t want a challenge (and there’s no greater challenge than turning the dragons around) it shows that he wasn’t up for the job and he would have failed…so f**k him…let him take the easy route.

ralph18

Juniors
No, nothing was officially announced. But Ben Creagh definitely had discussions with Ryles. Roosters were sufficiently peeved that they told Ryles to pack his bags. During the media speculation, Dragons could have said we're looking at more than one option, they didn't. Webb has since confirmed they Ryles withdrew his application. It's pretty clear to me that the Dragons wanted him - they wouldn't be talking to him otherwise.
I don't question any of that.

I just wanted to add some moderation.

Latest posts