What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles it is NOT - Rejects Dragons

Dragon David

First Grade
I hear what you're saying, but I suspect in this case the Board is the problem. The Board will tell Webb what they want to achieve, he can go back with a plan to do just that, and our dysfunctional Board can just knock it on the head. Different industry but when Ansett went under (all those years ago), the CEO went to the Board with 6 different plans to save the company. None were accepted and the company failed.

You need a smart CEO with good plans (and I'm not 100% sold on Webb), but if the Board don't back what the CEO wants to do, it's never going to work out.
Cue in ex CEO Brian Johnston. He left for a peaceful existence away from the dictatorial rabble of the egotistical Board who just wanted to fill their pockets with unlimited coinage and fill their overblown stomachs with caviar and champagne and not giving two hoots on how the football department should be run. It got too much for Johnno is what I think and health and sanity became a priority not appeasing the whims of those fat cats. Webb will suffer the same outcome I feel and then the cycle just continues.

justadragon

Bench
What gets me is the Board through all the media coverage asking for their heads, the members the ex-players all contributing to how ordinary the place is run, the rejections, the inability to recruit, the structures that are are shambles, they continue to be at arms length and insulated from everything. You would think they would hold an open forum where they are all there just to thrash things out, get matters out into the open, at least hear what the members and fans and possibly sponsors have to say, lets hear their explanations, their reasoning. Its no use sending Webb out to face the music we all know he dances to the Boards tune. It's about time that Grumpy, Happy, Sneezy, Doc, Dopey, Stupid, No Idea and F&^knuckle sit across the table and stare down the club, look them in the eye and face the music !!!!! And btw bring Homer Simpson Haran with you !!!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
How has Haran clung on to a gig? Seems to have inserted himself strategically into negotiations ...

Webb is "too nice" - we need a ruthless Alan Joyce type running the show.

Surely you jest? Ruthless yet, but can also be said to have ruthlessly run that company to maximize his own personal financial benefits. Books look good because he has failed to invest in new planes. Customer satisfaction is right down. Disaster awaits the new CEO. Good luck turning that around.

justadragon

Bench
Surely you jest? Ruthless yet, but can also be said to have ruthlessly run that company to maximize his own personal financial benefits. Books look good because he has failed to invest in new planes. Customer satisfaction is right down. Disaster awaits the new CEO. Good luck turning that around.
Well in that case he would be the perfect fit for the Dragons, I would say our customer satisfaction is right down as well so he wouldn't have to do much there :)))

Ghostrider22

Juniors

This confirms what I have been saying about our inept board for the last 3 yrs 4 should be shown the door, Lancaster, Webb, Ryan and Doust. They are an embarrassing bunch of people who have brought our once traditional proud and feared club to its knees. A bloody disgrace
Remember the 3 WIN Corp members and Illawarra rep. I keep harping on, get Paul Smith to buy the club that’s the only way it will change. At least Paul would have the Dragons winning at all levels.

justadragon

Bench
Remember the 3 WIN Corp members and Illawarra rep. I keep harping on, get Paul Smith to buy the club that’s the only way it will change. At least Paul would have the Dragons winning at all levels.
The owners are based in Bermuda and couldnt care less about what the Dragons do. How many games do you see them at. When you're a billionaire and the Dragons are dicking around with 10-15 Million a year (for salary cap purposes), thats pocket change to them and the club is still making money.

BLM01

First Grade
Anyone with 5 mins to spare, have a listen. This is what we are up against. A Board so insulated, North Korea would be proud.

What I dont understand is we know how hard it is to get on the BOD yourself or be in a position to vote on their future.
But how did Ben Creagh get on so easily and quickly.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
You are clutching at straws. Paul Smith has made it clear he has no interest in buying the club. He called the place a dumpster fire.
I know, I know, Paul puts the dumpster fire out by owning the Dragons and gets rid of all the hangers on, is that to hard to do, directors like Paul do this every day. Which then builds a winning company. There will never been any change with the board of directors that are in place now. Alright then, what’s the solution to make the Dragons great again with what’s in place now. f**k I wish I had the money I wouldn’t hesitate to make change. The way it’s going there will be no Dragons in time.

Dragon David

First Grade
I know, I know, Paul puts the dumpster fire out by owning the Dragons and gets rid of all the hangers on, is that to hard to do, directors like Paul do this every day. Which then builds a winning company. There will never been any change with the board of directors that are in place now. Alright then, what’s the solution to make the Dragons great again with what’s in place now. f**k I wish I had the money I wouldn’t hesitate to make change. The way it’s going there will be no Dragons in time.
Yes, we appear to be perishable goods at the moment. Rotting from the head down to the players.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I know, I know, Paul puts the dumpster fire out by owning the Dragons and gets rid of all the hangers on, is that to hard to do, directors like Paul do this every day. Which then builds a winning company. There will never been any change with the board of directors that are in place now. Alright then, what’s the solution to make the Dragons great again with what’s in place now. f**k I wish I had the money I wouldn’t hesitate to make change. The way it’s going there will be no Dragons

Sorry, I have no solutions. I wish I did. I can't make WIN sell, and I can't make anyone buy a dumpster fire.

merahputih

Juniors
The Dragons' board are copping a flogging here, and quite rightly, but I think Ryles and his management should cop their share of the incoming fire as well. Ryles might turn out to be a great coach but he's not earned the right yet to demand full control of football operations- that privilege is usually reserved for elite coaches (Bennett demanded and got this in 2009 when he took over). And I can't forget that Steve Price spent three years as Bennett's understudy during Bennett's reign at the Dragons........

Latest posts