What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles says he's going nowhere

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/05/26/2255812.htm

St George Illawarra forward Jason Ryles says he has no plans to leave the Dragons.
The former Test prop has been in good form but reports have suggested he is unhappy with the club's direction.
Ryles says there is no truth to rumours he wants to change clubs before his contract ends.
"There has been a little bit of speculation, I read about it in the paper and found out more about it there than anywhere else," he said.
"At the moment I'm here for the next two years and looking forward to it."

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Good news. Just need Gazs situation to be resolved & we can get on with the season.
sh*t the news so far oz isnt good, bloody 9 wont cough up the dough, apparently his not what they thought he would be on the footy show.
thats not good enough, contract is contract, bloody pricks.
how about saints tell nine dell wont be starting against the broncos unless they honour there deal with gaz, they will attract a bonza crowd if he plays

stg666

Juniors
glad about ryles. gasnier's manager was supposed to arrange sponsorship deals that 9 would make money from but i think that has yet to happen.

petetheileet

First Grade
Ryles looses games for us with his il discipline and lack of patience...he is a f**kn dope and i have wanted out of our team for a long time now...

Im so glad Poore got MoM caus IMHO hes has been better, safer and stronger then Ryles in 15 outa our last 20 matches...

I honestly think in the last 3 seasons Ryles wouldnt have gone 80 minutes on field without loosing a game for us with dopey play, giving away a dumb penalty, being marched 10 meters for backchatting, offloading a ball behind him without looking or loosing the ball during the play the ball.

Those 5 things i have mentioned are the reasons why a talented football team like ourselves are struggling in today's professional game.

Il discipline and dumb play.

Ryles is the main culprit and he is close to 30yrs old and meant to be a leader in the side...is it any reason why we lose so many games we should easily win???

He should have a claus in his contract every time he does something stupid he get 1k taken off him and the next week he gets dropped, and he doesn't get into 1st grade again till he plays a match without doing something stupid.

Even if you guys still insist that everything else he does on the field is so great (which i also disagree with) it doesnt make up for the negative effects he has on the rest of our team.

People even say that he get's picked on by referee's...what a f**kn joke that is. It is a deliberate play from other teams to annoy him and keep him upright when tackling him, hoping that he will do a stupid offload or give away a dumb penalty....

If i was an opposition coach i would be rubbing my hands together just waiting to play him so i could take advantage of his stupidity and ineptness!

And since when does Ryles play much more than 50 mins anyway????

When we played and dominated the Roosters, Poore was the best Forward on the field by a lond way and thats where the game was won...im fairly certain he was on the field longer than Ryles that day

At the start of the year i wanted to sart a fan club and tally in my signiture reading F.O.J.R (f**k of Jason Ryles) And tallying everything stupid he does hoping to proove to you guys how negative he is fo r our side...then when u f**ked up in that first game i thought i wouldnt have to bother....but use stayed on his side....

then we had the cronulla incident

a dumb offload to the floor on the first play of the canberra game

A number of dopey plays in the dogs and Parra games.....

I really wouldnt have though tit would be necessary to explain all this to some of you people....im in shock that the evedince is there every week and some of you still stand by him!

Il tell use what this week if he does anything stupid i will start the tally and signiture....

If he is able to play at least 40 mins without doing anything stupid i will never bag him out again

(keep in mind with a two point lead and 20 secs to go last week he decides to run short side, then when he starts to get taken out he throws it behind him whilst not looking and luckily didnt land in a manly flyers hands to loose us the match. So this weekend he is starting on zero mins without doind something stupid)

this is against an il disciplined side like the rabbitohs who cant take andvantage of anything, however i am that confident of Ryles' stupidity, i will rest it on this match.

I will of course be founding member of the club with #001 membership, if you wish to become an offical member our bussiness will open at full time after the bunnies match. Please pst me and explain in 1425 words or less why u think Jason Ryles is an idiot and i will decide if you are worthy of membership....

End Rant

Godz Illa

Coach
pete... yawn. I didn't read past the first line but I'm guessing it's the same boring schtick we've heard from you all before.

drake

First Grade
I always thought front rowers were supposed to be a dumb as f**k?

I'd keep him in any team I made. Especially with the prospect of Bennett as coach. I do reckon we will see a vast improvement with Ryles' discipline under Bennett. One thing Bennett does is command respect from professional players.
Can you imagine the difference between old mate Browny getting stuck into you and Wayne Bennett.
I don't even reckon Bennett would have to say anything to make a bloke feel ashamed about a stupid mistake.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
do people actually watch the games, ryles was close to mom agaist manly.:oops: i would have ryles any day than someone like o'meley who only plays 50mins.

Yes he has an solid work rate and was good against the Eagles, but he still conceded 2 penalties and 1 error.

He is a clear front runner in penalties conceded for the season with 9, and is right up there in errors with 8. By contrast his front row partner in Poore has only conceded 3 penalties and 3 errors.

He undoes alot of the tough work with stupid mistakes.

dragonfire

Bench
Ryles 10 games
282 tackles (28/game)
1352m on 164 runs coming out at 8m a run and 135m a game with 13 hitups
14 missed tackles
22 offloads
9 penalties which is less than one a game
8 errors which again is less than one a game

Poore 10 games
256 tackles (25/game)
1075m on 130 runs at 8m a hitup and 107m a game with 9 hitups
25 missed tackles
0 offloads
3 penalties and errors, about one every three games

seriously man cant believe how many people hate on Ryles, the guy has deadset been the best prop in the nrl all season, yet people overlook the hardwork he puts in when he tries to create something with an offload or gives away a penalty, both of which on the weekend could be seen as nothing major, one where the opposition let go of the ball and another where he could have been damned if he did or damned if he didnt. Taking nothing away from Poore as he is a beast but I would take Ryles over Poore at this point in time. All this talk of Bailey in origin but leaving Ryles out is like the stupid( as a blues supporter brilliant ) omission of Scott prince for the maroons. On a club level definitely want him to be ignored for origin though

bazookabarry

Juniors
glad he seems to want to stay, he's been good this year, he does give away a lot of stupid penalties and gives me heart palpitations with his stupid offloads, but he plays a lot of minutes every week and gets lots of metres.

gregstar

Referee
the key next year won't be creeping jesus.

the biggest breakthrough for the club was the lancing of the jowls macgregor boil.

ryles will be transformed simply by having a decent trainer inolved.

Godz Illa

Coach
lol Deluded Scummers. Pretend you don't need Ryles, just like you pretend David Simmons and Brett Kimmorley are the reason for your club's failings.

drake

First Grade
McGregor -> renovation rescue. f**ker is a dead albatross.

Yes, I read a poem.

Having Ryles for another year under Bennett can't hurt.

It's all good.

I was thinking that he could've came out and cleared it up earlier, but corrected myself.

I was the loudest critic of him retaliating after the Cronulla balls-up.

He has since kept his mouth shut, put his head down and worked to the Dragons improvement.

I was calling for his head loudly after the Cronulla game, but have since relaxed and am really glad he is still with us.

I think the Rep Games shun has probably helped him pull his head in too, but would not be surprised if he plays in at least one SOO game.

He is a more than handy player and should not be let go, only for us to see him flourish elsewhere like so many others.

Baileys gone, Ryles is here.

We fell into a barrel full of nipples, let's not come out sucking our thumb!!.​

Latest posts