What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles vs OMeley

Who is the better prop?

• Jason Ryles

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • Mark O'Meley

Votes: 40 56.3%

• Total voters

Hutty1986

Immortal
Red and Blue Knight said:
I knew you'd bite mate, i've been baiting Hutty about Ryles since our high school days. :p

:lol: :lol: My old mate "2nd choice" Ryles ;-)

God-King Dean

Immortal
badav said:
3 statisically good games in 4 years doesnt make anyone a great player.

The stats there prove Ryles was superior to O'Meley last year. But O'Meley was soft somehow tall poppy.

:lol: And I'm just dying for you to say " Stats don't mean anything ".

phonetic

Juniors
O'Meley is a myth. The knowledgable amongst us are well aware of that.

Only the ill informed speak lowly of Ryles. The type who don't really watch games, then rely on the telegraph to shape their opinions.

Ryles will continue to make O'Meley look second rate this year. Shrek should quit the trash talking and kneeing 80kg halfbacks and concentrate on a prop v prop battle he can claim some ascendancy in.... with Bryce Gibbs that is.

miccle

Bench
O'Meley, Ryles, Civoniceva, Price, Bailey.

The 5 top props in the competition IMO and each of them are subtely different - have different strengths and attributes.

I've given up really trying to split them into who is better and who is worse, quite frankly.

magpie_man

Juniors
miccle said:

The 5 top props in the competition IMO and each of them are subtely different - have different strengths and attributes.

I've given up really trying to split them into who is better and who is worse, quite frankly.
Asotasi?
I'd take either of them at Wests atm, but Ryles would be my first choice outta the two.

RABK

Referee
Petero Civoneceva is the best prop in the game. Never been dominated once, i mean has any pack ripped into him and put him on his back?

No other prop so consistently hits the defensive line and bends it. Must average 9 metres a hit up. Not to mention his defence, players just seem to drop like a sack of sh*t when they run into him.

Disco

Bench
i'd rate them about par......obviously both have there ups and downs in form, so if i was picking a team today i'd take Ryles...............................but ten weeks from now that could be a different story

badav

Bench
Immortal said:
The stats there prove Ryles was superior to O'Meley last year. But O'Meley was soft somehow tall poppy.

:lol: And I'm just dying for you to say " Stats don't mean anything ".

Stats do mean something. But when simple minded people choose to analyse about %10 of the facts and then base their decision on that, that is when stats dont mean anything.

Could you sift out the "number of penalties conceded" stat for me. I think you will be unpleasantly surprised. (or not)

ShineDog

Juniors
miccle said:

MASON AND ASOTASI...BETTER THAN ALL FIVE OF THOSE PROPS!!
CIVONICEVA A CLOSE THIRD...

RYLES RANKED 32ND BEST.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
miccle said:

Kite is on that list.

sharko

Juniors
I have always considered Ryles a glorified "dog". Whenever the going gets tough he is missing in action, whenever there is a cheap shot, ususally against a back, he is there with spades on. It is typical of the media attention given to some players that is quite unwarranted..St George forwards have threatened nobody in 3-4 years, the supposed leader of the St George forwards is Ryles. How many comps has Ryles helped his team to win..the answer is zero. They can talk the talk the likes of Ryles but O'Meley leaves him in his dust!

Godz Illa

Coach
The username 'sharko' immediately suggests a higher level of expertise on the subject of failing to win comps.

Danish

Referee
Ryles will pick up his obligatory broken eyelash in the next few weeks and be nullified for the rest of the season.

Omeley, on the other hand, has got he usual suspension out of the way early and will be roaring to go.

Omeley also hasn't cost his side points and games with dumbass penalties and turn overs like our good friend ryles.

panthersballboy

Juniors
O'meley has been outplayed by Perry, Frank Puletua and Kris Kahler so far this year. Ryles has been going a lot better in 07.

badav said:
It wasnt an attempt, its a fact. When you consider the last 4 years, Ryles would be lucky to be in the top 10 props in the NRL. has he turned the corner? We will see at the end of the season.

:lol:

Fact eh?? I've got the bloodhounds on the case and even they can't find any sign of a "fact" here.

badav said:
If you are going to use statistics to evaluate a player entirely then dont you think you should consider the whole picture?? This would include things such as

- penalties concended(i guarentee the 4 yards more over the season is more than eroded by yards given away through extra penalties)
- number of times sinbinned at crucial points in the game

these make a big difference too.

:lol:

And these stats are what exactly...????

C'mon Fact-boy, don't just leave me hanging like this!!!

JJ

Immortal
I dunno, but I've never really understood the hype around either of these guys... Of the two, I'd rate Ryles more highly - but both well below Civo, Bailey, Price and Asotasi