What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles vs OMeley

Who is the better prop?

• Jason Ryles

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • Mark O'Meley

Votes: 40 56.3%

• Total voters

Godz Illa

Coach
RufusRex said:
sorry ... dont have the stats for last year but i would bet big dollars on Ryles making more metres and more tackles per game last year than Fatso
Love your work RufusRex, excellent thread. As it happens I do have those very stats for the 2006 season.

Metres per game:

Ryles 128.4
O'Meley 124.8

Tackles per game:

Ryles 25.4
O'Meley 22.8

TIPTOP

Juniors
I'd go ryles minus moustache.
O'meley is a big luggerhead,wind him up,point him in the right direction and let him go.
Rather have a prop who looks like he can think on his feet

Hutty1986

Immortal
ShineDog said:
O'Meley is 10 times the player Ryles is..
Compare to real props like O'Meley and Civoniceva.

O'Meley makes things happen, HE CAN CHANGE THE GAME WITH ONE TACKLE OR ONE GREAT HITUP.

:lol:

ShineDog

Juniors
Immortal said:
That would explain why you've lost 3 in a row.

Guess O'Meley is too lazy to do that 1 tackle or hitup.

Where do you get your facts from....last I heard Dogs won their last match.

Farva

Juniors
ShineDog said:
Where do you get your facts from....last I heard Dogs won their last match.

Lost 2, lost 3??? f**k all difference. Especially considering the win was against the Tits :lol:

grouch

First Grade
lmao A late entrance from the Ryles Is Soft brigade but oh boy was it worth the wait. Pathetic attempt badav.

badav

Bench
grouch said:
lmao A late entrance from the Ryles Is Soft brigade but oh boy was it worth the wait. Pathetic attempt badav.

It wasnt an attempt, its a fact. When you consider the last 4 years, Ryles would be lucky to be in the top 10 props in the NRL. has he turned the corner? We will see at the end of the season.

grouch

First Grade
Learn the definition of the word 'fact'. Some facts earlier in this thread indicate Ryles was better than at least O'Meley last year. You're just spounting an opinion. Keep trying.

Hutty1986

Immortal
ShineDog said:
Ryles would play Premier League at the Bulldogs...maybe a bench spot.

That's because his kneeing skills aren't good enough for Canterbury 1st grade standard

badav

Bench
grouch said:
Learn the definition of the word 'fact'. Some facts earlier in this thread indicate Ryles was better than at least O'Meley last year. You're just spounting an opinion. Keep trying.

If you are going to use statistics to evaluate a player entirely then dont you think you should consider the whole picture?? This would include things such as

- penalties concended(i guarentee the 4 yards more over the season is more than eroded by yards given away through extra penalties)
- number of times sinbinned at crucial points in the game

these make a big difference too.

RABK

Referee
Hutty1986 said:
Yes, soft as in one of the form props of the comp ;-)

I knew you'd bite mate, i've been baiting Hutty about Ryles since our high school days. :p

Latest posts