What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

newyboy

Juniors
The forwards we have are crap. No leg speed. That second rower from the Titans, we need him.
  • Beau Fermor
Just Googled him, he played for the f**king Knights. Are we a bunch of f**king Nums. Jesus christ.

Yosh

Coach
The forwards we have are crap. No leg speed. That second rower from the Titans, we need him.
  • Beau Fermor
Just Googled him, he played for the f**king Knights. Are we a bunch of f**king Nums. Jesus christ.

Yeah. It's been discussed before but he wanted to go for family reasons I believe. We did want to keep him.

Jono078

Referee
I didn’t think we wanted him because he was coming off 1 or 2 ACL injuries?

He just gets better by the week though. Him running off Ponga would be ridiculous.

mozza91

Coach
  • Beau Fermor
He was playing really well for us in 2019 but did his knee at the wrong time. Would love to have him back.

perverse

Referee
Underwhelming
Mmm, the more I think about it... the more I'm considering that we may have peaked as far as recruitment and roster building goes and just be on our way back down the hill into more spoon years. We saw recruitment activity and excitement around the club in the past... let's say 4 or 5 years... that were unprecedented since the golden era. Now we're back to the Hetheringtons and the Elliots of the world.

We've got all the money to spend, and no-one worthwhile that wants to take it. Not a good position to be in. Honestly, those 2 british kids better live up to the hype and actually be on their way sooner rather than later. It's the only place I can pin any sort of hope at the moment.

Jono078

Referee
Mmm, the more I think about it... the more I'm considering that we may have peaked as far as recruitment and roster building goes and just be on our way back down the hill into more spoon years. We saw recruitment activity and excitement around the club in the past... let's say 4 or 5 years... that were unprecedented since the golden era. Now we're back to the Hetheringtons and the Elliots of the world.

We've got all the money to spend, and no-one worthwhile that wants to take it. Not a good position to be in. Honestly, those 2 british kids better live up to the hype and actually be on their way sooner rather than later. It's the only place I can pin any sort of hope at the moment.
We’re 100% waiting for another Klemmer or Pearce situation. Where a top player gets squeezed out and we can swoop because of the cap room we have.

this year it was Milford. I’m afraid next year will be Luke Brooks.

perverse

Referee
We’re 100% waiting for another Klemmer or Pearce situation. Where a top player gets squeezed out and we can swoop because of the cap room we have.

this year it was Milford. I’m afraid next year will be Luke Brooks.
Is it really that often that "top players" that are actually worth having get squeezed out of their clubs, though? I feel like Klemmer was an anomaly, and Pearce... well I'm not going to talk about Pearce. I do miss having a halfback, though.

Seems like a real gamble that we got really lucky with the first time around.

Apey

Staff member
Pearce was a good get for us at the time for a number of reasons. Klemmer too obviously. Then on top of that, Ponga.

Oh god you're right the next couple of years are going to be bad unless we somehow (that doesn't destroy our cap, hah) win a recruitment battle for a big name.