What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Woody90

Juniors
Let me put it this way. Had McDermott been our chief Hastings would be long gone after that alleged set to with Pryce. He also has contacts all across SL and is revered coach with huge influence over there.
Here is an article which features Zak Hardaker’s thoughts on Mac’s coaching style. His development ability and absolute refusal to take excuses for poor performance.

Im not disagreeing with you that he’s a good coach, or has the potential to be a good FG coach in the NRL at least.

I’m disagreeing that Gus or Joey are talking him up to try and get the Knights to get rid of AOB. There’s zero evidence of that.

Let me put it this way. Had McDermott been our chief Hastings would be long gone after that alleged set to with Pryce. He also has contacts all across SL and is revered coach with huge influence over there.
Here is an article which features Zak Hardaker’s thoughts on Mac’s coaching style. His development ability and absolute refusal to take excuses for poor performance.
he'd be going crazy as an assistant at Newcastle. Literally out of his mind.

Knight Tales

Bench
he'd be going crazy as an assistant at Newcastle. Literally out of his mind.
He does not strike me as the sort of guy who’d be ok with an experienced leader with a long record of club disruption, not turning the other cheek when A young smart arse has gotten under his skin. That is the entire point of a leadership group. You set the standard. Not lower yourself to playground crap.

He does not strike me as the sort of guy who’d be ok with an experienced leader with a long record of club disruption, not turning the other cheek when A young smart arse has gotten under his skin. That is the entire point of a leadership group. You set the standard. Not lower yourself to playground crap.
Brian McDermott is a 53 yr old Marine, I can guarantee you he's been involved in plenty of "playground crap" with guys not pulling their weight.

Unrelenting standards, and expect a good firm kick in the arse, and brought sharply into line if those standards arent met.

Team standards arent not set with just words, they are set with actions, and sometimes those actions are brutal and quite physical.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Anyone got access to O’Brien story in DT? Headline suggest something about player welfare, our injuries, and of course, short turnarounds.

Odd, since our turnarounds this year, thus far; 9,8,7,5,6,10,7,7,6…

And ongoing; 7,13,9,7,12,9,7,6,15,7,7,6,8,7.

Woody90

Juniors
Thanks, but paywall.

Really strange, I was literally just reading it and when I’ve gone back its paywall.

It basically talks about the things you mentioned. He goes into specifics like lack of available suitable flights and late arrivals back home impacting on players recovery.