What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SACK DEAN YOUNG

since77

Juniors
I'm not defending Young.
But seriously go back and look at Penrith's first try. That was 100% on the players. Most of those tries today were scored because of woeful efforts and after Hunt gifted Penrith field position multiple times with his sh#tty kicking game.
I get people irrationally hate Dean Young. And fine if he's moved on, no skin off my nose. But no one is going to convince me that today's defensive efforts by certain players were first grade standard.
People have been whinging all year for Sloan to get dropped. Lomax was just as bad defensively today as Sloan has been.
Maybe its the cattle.

saintmar

Juniors
The only one responsible for todays humiliation is FLANO
He is the HEADCOACH who is ultimately responsible for the team and the results
HE Also KEPT HUNT and needs to face the music for that f**k up
Look at Souths they didn‘t get rid of Hornby the assistant but the head coach who is responsible for the teams results

DeathBlooms

Juniors
I'm not defending Young.
But seriously go back and look at Penrith's first try. That was 100% on the players. Most of those tries today were scored because of woeful efforts and after Hunt gifted Penrith field position multiple times with his sh#tty kicking game.
I get people irrationally hate Dean Young. And fine if he's moved on, no skin off my nose. But no one is going to convince me that today's defensive efforts by certain players were first grade standard.
People have been whinging all year for Sloan to get dropped. Lomax was just as bad defensively today as Sloan has been.
Maybe its the cattle.
The cowboys were terrible in defence under his tenure as well. He's not a good defensive coach plain and simple as what he teaching them obviously not getting through to them or is just bad advice.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm not defending Young.
Maybe its the cattle.
Yes I suppose games like today are not Dean Young's fault. The players' overall lacked commitment and when there is a lack of commitment there is a massive drop in intensity and that then rubs off onto all of the players which weakens the team. I suppose also that Ben Hunt being the captain and being highly paid to perform 100 % did not get his troops to commit after the first two tries were scored. He was incapable of getting the guys to lift and play as a team wanting to win. Dean Young has the job of making sure that each of our guys mark their opposing number and make sure that they do not surrender meekly in their attempts to defend.

Dean Young in my opinion isn't a good defensive coach even though it was the players not performing against a much better organised and coached team.

since77

Juniors
Yes I suppose games like today are not Dean Young's fault. The players' overall lacked commitment and when there is a lack of commitment there is a massive drop in intensity and that then rubs off onto all of the players which weakens the team. I suppose also that Ben Hunt being the captain and being highly paid to perform 100 % did not get his troops to commit after the first two tries were scored. He was incapable of getting the guys to lift and play as a team wanting to win. Dean Young has the job of making sure that each of our guys mark their opposing number and make sure that they do not surrender meekly in their attempts to defend.

Dean Young in my opinion isn't a good defensive coach even though it was the players not performing against a much better organised and coached team.
I'm open to arguments that Young is responsible. But I can't see problems with our basic defensive structures - like last year for instance when we had very obvious problems on the edges.
Today we suffered from a lack of effort IMO and individuals with really poor misses. Just a sh#tty amount of effort. I think the way we defended today we would have lost to every single team in the NRL. The effort put in by some players was abysmal. Not helped by possession at one point 70% vs 30%. And a "marquee" playmaker who can't do anything to turn momentum back our way when we're behind.
I'm just saying I don't think a new defence coach necessarily fixes our problems. But I'm 100% sure better players in key positions does.

getsmarty

Immortal
I'm open to arguments that Young is responsible. But I can't see problems with our basic defensive structures - like last year for instance when we had very obvious problems on the edges.
Today we suffered from a lack of effort IMO and individuals with really poor misses. Just a sh#tty amount of effort. I think the way we defended today we would have lost to every single team in the NRL. The effort put in by some players was abysmal. Not helped by possession at one point 70% vs 30%. And a "marquee" playmaker who can't do anything to turn momentum back our way when we're behind.
I'm just saying I don't think a new defence coach necessarily fixes our problems. But I'm 100% sure better players in key positions does.

Well said...nothings changed in here...

maestro1

Bench
The only one responsible for todays humiliation is FLANO
He is the HEADCOACH who is ultimately responsible for the team and the results
HE Also KEPT HUNT and needs to face the music for that f**k up
Look at Souths they didn‘t get rid of Hornby the assistant but the head coach who is responsible for the teams results
Everything you post is a negative about Flanno. Yes, we know you don't like him, but can you mix it up a bit. You sound so much like "I'm Hornby"........mmm.....hang on, have you got two accounts????. Is that you "Hornby".

Can you please sing another song. I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority here that are sick of the same old tune. You seriously cannot find even one positive about our season so far?

Old Timer

Coach
If you have a defence coach and the side doesn’t defend consistently well then it’s technique, commitment, patterns and stamina.

We fail abysmally in all 3 categories.

I hate to think how bad our + | - would be if J D B wasn’t playing.

All on D Y’s shoulders.

hewi

Bench
No doubt he is part of the problem but so is Hunt , he is Captain and that’s about setting a good example , leadership and mentoring. It’s not kicking out on the full 3/4 times or showing you are not interested and putting in and lastly abusing other team members when they make an error that is often from a pass he has made. Botton line would anyone here follow him out of the trenches to attack an enemy over the battle field? Resounding NO from me.

saintmar

Juniors
Everything you post is a negative about Flanno. Yes, we know you don't like him, but can you mix it up a bit. You sound so much like "I'm Hornby"........mmm.....hang on, have you got two accounts????. Is that you "Hornby".

Can you please sing another song. I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority here that are sick of the same old tune. You seriously cannot find even one positive about our season so far?
Maestro I take your comments on board
But like most fans on here, I am a very passionate fan and I’ve known for a long time that Hunt was a big issue in this club.
It just hasn’t worked for 7 years
So when Flano came on board and he was given a gift to start his coaching career because Hunt wanted to leave and he in turn kept him,I saw that as a golden opportunity missed.
Anyway I was prepared to accept it,thinking coach knows best BUT if it fails flano should be accountable
‘Unfortunately it has failed,it is clear hunt is not what we need and we are going nowhere.Worse still it is clear we play better when he is not in the team.
For this reason when we lose and Hunt has a shocker I can’t forget that it didn’t have to be like this so hence my frustration at Flano.
Sorry if it seems monotonous but that’s how pissed off I am that he couldn’t see the golden opportunity he was given in the beginning of his coaching stint here. Apologies if my truthful comments upset you but we as supporters need to hold those responsible for decisions that affect the performance of the club accountable.
On top of this flano has failed to recruit any top liners that we have chased which is another reason we selected him as coach and he has let go of players like lomax which imo he should have not allowed to go.
We have a promising emerging roster and I have zero confidence this is the guy to decide who stays and goes.
My frustrations are simply a result from my passion to see this club do well.

Latest posts