What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

hook hook

Juniors
All the Flanagan lovers on here, I'm sorry to say that absolutely nothing has changed between our last few coaches and this fraud.

Same old inept signings
Same old 40 minute or less performances
Same old excuses at a press conference
Same old lack of ability to sign any player of note.

Who can honestly say the team is looking in any better shape than it has at any time in the past 12 years?

When will people realise that this coach is a complete sell out and will not improve our future prospects in any sense?

SACK FLANAGAN
15 men, players out of position. Which coach would have won that game?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
15 men, players out of position. Which coach would have won that game?
Stop making excuses for your buddy Flanno, he's shown his coaching skills are completely overrated.

Didn't the Titans win a game v the Cowboys with no players left on the bench just two weeks ago?

Didn't the Raiders beat the same opposition just last week and were playing with 11 players on the field for 10 mins with Papaali and Rapana in the sin bin?

There's no excuses, other teams deal with injuries/sin bins and still find ways to win.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Flanno gets sacked it will be on his own doing. At the moment he is doing what he did at Sharks and trying to sort out his roster in his first year to get them primed for consistent finals. Juniors are doing well which is the 1st piece of that puzzle as a lot of his players were Sharks juniors. He will be banking on guys like Couchmans etc to come through next season and become regular first graders holding those spots for years to come.

justadragon

Bench
Flanno will be judged as all have in due course, it may get better it may get worse, he will be there next year and after that its game on if things dont go well. The best part of this season is probably unearthing some very good juniors. Were we ever going to make the 8 and if we did, last night would have been the end result. We are nowhere near a finals team, let alone top 4. Next year will be judgement time and possibly termination, but it might also be re-signing as well, Flanno has the sword, what he does with it is up to him. I still have the happiest memories of our win at the Gong against the Warriors, but the sourest memories of our loss on Anzac day, last night was not good, as a matter of fact bloody awful, everything that was represented on that jumper was trashed, embarrassing. I doubt that Flanno is in the BA bracket atm, but he did mention it at the presser. The wheels are in motion.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Flanno giving the squad as much of chance to prove themselves as possible, then he will make the necessary changes. There is not much out there in the market so he would be hoping he does not have to look for too many to chop and bring in. After last night though there may be more than he thought there would be.

Funny thing is after last nights game the only 2 you would keep if you had to choose only 2 players that is, is JDB and Lomax.

offiah

Juniors
Aren’t we trying to sign Talagi for centre? That knocks bird to bench at best and maybe out of the 17.

I’m sure he’s trying to sign a few more for next year but there’s not heaps out there at the moment. Hopefully we can land a couple of improvements as this squad is not top 8 and zero depth.

Dragon David

First Grade
Bird was doing a really good job shutting down their left side attack. He isnt the clown he is made out to be. Sure he is not perfect but he is a better centre than anything in 3/4 line of reserves at the moment.
Just his bad luck and ours unfortunately. The rub of the green and injuries lost us the game. I know we were shit but the scoreline isn't the true picture to show why it was such a flogging - we were starved of possession and we were outdone by officialdom. I know we can't rely on lady luck to help us win games, but boy we needed some last night and she didn't come our way.

Dragon David

First Grade
Oh yeah, forgot about all of those years you poor bugger. It was good that it happened for you though eventually and this year they could do it again.
Just adding that with AFB possibly getting an early release to join the Sharks this year, the Sharks odds will be about 5 or 6 to 1 to win the comp this year according to -

Anyway, that doesn't help Shane Flanagan I know but he wanted AFB and failed to get him to the Dragons and as yet has not been able to land anyone decent which is a real worry.

Latest posts