What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

denis preston

First Grade
PFFFFfFFFT.
What a shonk!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT JUST THE PLAYERS AND COACH BUT THE WHOLE CLUB!

I’m done, I’m embarrassed, I’m out of hope I’m OUT!

NO Thanks for the memories to the lebo and greek that have ruined this once great game to throw the boot in on my way out

F this shit example of Entertainment that the US public will not spend a nickel on.
See ya. If you come back change your moniker to Dragon rush of blood to the head !

denis preston

First Grade
Like I predicted in the Bud Sullivan thread way before things eventuated:-

1. Sullivan will go to another club to accomodate Jr Flanno
2. Hunt will milk almost $2mil in 24-25
3. Hamer Armored-one will do time
4. Flanno will fail to attract big guns and will be sacked mid 25
5. Good O’l Young junior will be the the head coach for the next 20 years plus from mid 25 onwards

Im out already and cashing in on my prediction. This club has a cancer and is dying at a rapid rate
This has got to be the shortest retirement in this forums history!

thebigredv

First Grade
Come on the coach has 3 years to clean the shit out of this team that griffin and mary left .
Give flanno a break he is the only coach that sticks solid when players spit the dummy . Every players needs to chut up and play football flanno is the most experienced coach since Bennett .
Price and Mary had the opportunity to get us to finals every year but messed it up. Hook was in way over his head and about a decade behind the times. Flanagan's premiership looks good on his resume but its his honesty and passion that make him streaks ahead. I'll back that statement even if we don't make finals during his first contract as much as it pains me to say. I think he's crazy to take the job with the current set up of the board but here he is and I thank him for it.

The culture of this club has to change and there needs to be massive turnover of the playing group. It will be tumultuous. I feel Shane won't mess around though and he will expedite pride as fast as he can.

Illusion

Bench
Y
Price and Mary had the opportunity to get us to finals every year but messed it up. Hook was in way over his head and about a decade behind the times. Flanagan's premiership looks good on his resume but its his honesty and passion that make him streaks ahead. I'll back that statement even if we don't make finals during his first contract as much as it pains me to say. I think he's crazy to take the job with the current set up of the board but here he is and I thank him for it.

The culture of this club has to change and there needs to be massive turnover of the playing group. It will be tumultuous. I feel Shane won't mess around though and he will expedite pride as fast as he can.
These players are all mentally scared by the club the coaches , they all need to move on we need new blood come in over the next couple of years ......... So who ever wants out go now , then get rid of the rest ....... Need a whole new team or it will keep continuing one good game every now and then , then back to Dragons Footy ........

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
There are virtually no players on the market.. and even when there was... we cant sign a park bench.. how the hell are we going to replace the entire roster...

Changing the roster takes years, Flanno has some really difficult decisions around how much or how long to extend those blokes whos contract is ending this year, there is: JDB, Frankie, Su'a, MMolo, BMM, Eisenhuth, Marschke, Sloan, AlexT, Tamale, Jack Bird (MO), Russell, Feagais.. some of them are definitely gone.. but we dont know how desperate were gonna be yet for 2025.... so these guys could sign with a rival club tomorrow if we dont lock them up.. if indeed they want to be locked up...

On top of that.. there are 15 other players who are free agents come Novemeber.. now some of those are fan favourites like Couchmans, Fifita, Egan, RFM, Lawrie.. and of course Hunt.

Its what ive been trying to hint at in the last 6 months.. we cant afford a bad 2024.. we have to start closing that gap in roster quality, or we are f***ed. We are all in on Flanno... and its why the wins we get this season are so valuable.. how much easier is it to recruit after a couple of wins versus last weekend.

SAP58

Juniors
Obviously there needs to be a purge of players, Lomax, Hunt, Laurie, Bird, Molo times 2 and much as I hate to say in Rava and Debelin all need to go, all too slow
I’m not saying I disagree but Flanno’s issue is who is available that are better to replace them. We have some very good juniors coming through (Flanno quote not just my view) but a number of them are 2 yrs away from being ready for first grade hence why patience is required & it’s not a quick fix. But even though players contracts are not up for renewal in 2024 it doesn’t mean they are not available as we know very well, players do become available at various times it just depends on whether they are the ones we want.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Two completely insipid performances inside two weeks. 42 unanswered points when up 18-4 is something I hope I'll never witness again in my life time.

Flanagan claimed in the pre season that the supporters would be proud of the team this year and the defence would be different, how many points have we conceded in the last two weeks?

Flanagan is completely all talk and said what he had to say to get the job. This is the same old rubbish team and nothing has changed, the man is a fool.

There will be no change in on field performance until there is a complete sweep of our back office which is what Ryles' conditions of getting the job were last year.

Looks like Ho Hum and status quo while Flanagan remains coach.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Flanagan has been given all the power he wants to get results,that must be very appealing. It is also because the board & football manager have absolutely no idea!
Flanagan tried to say he would be our Messiah because the sharks won a comp without a football manager.

He has sold our once proud club down the river for a pay cheque, this fraud should be sacked.

Sage63

Juniors
Two completely insipid performances inside two weeks. 42 unanswered points when up 18-4 is something I hope I'll never witness again in my life time.

Flanagan claimed in the pre season that the supporters would be proud of the team this year and the defence would be different, how many points have we conceded in the last two weeks?

Flanagan is completely all talk and said what he had to say to get the job. This is the same old rubbish team and nothing has changed, the man is a fool.

There will be no change in on field performance until there is a complete sweep of our back office which is what Ryles' conditions of getting the job were last year.

Looks like Ho Hum and status quo while Flanagan remains coach.
" the man is a fool".
Ok, so who do you intend to replace Flanno with??

RedVDave

First Grade
For me signing Flanno was a desperation move. He was suspended by the nrl for 3 years had been available for 2 years and no club wanted a bar of him as head coach. Even the Sharks didn't take him back, despite what he did for them that serious alarm bells for me personally.

We won't improve this season because 2 of our assist coaches are both former Head coaches at Saints just proves we are incapable of change. Dean Young was a great player but has zero business being in the coaching ranks just like his old man didn't his team concede 66 points to last year's wooden spooners? How do the Cowboys look without him? About 10x better.

I dunno I'm pissed as hell rant over.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
For me signing Flanno was a desperation move. He was suspended by the nrl for 3 years had been available for 2 years and no club wanted a bar of him as head coach. Even the Sharks didn't take him back, despite what he did for them that serious alarm bells for me personally.

We won't improve this season because 2 of our assist coaches are both former Head coaches at Saints just proves we are incapable of change. Dean Young was a great player but has zero business being in the coaching ranks just like his old man didn't his team concede 66 points to last year's wooden spooners? How do the Cowboys look without him? About 10x better.

I dunno I'm pissed as hell rant over.
Sorry Dave but your post is a load of BULLSHIT.Get over it lad.

Rexxy

Coach
Announce the extension at half time on Anzac Day?
If the Club is going to come out and say they are writing off this year, in the name of a rebuild, then they are honor bound to refund season ticket holders at least half their investment.

the product is not fit for purpose.

it is promoted using false premises.

it is managed by a board that’s inept as it is corrupted by agendas

it is a dead parrot. It has ceased to be.

call in Allen Fells and send all our files to the ACCC

56to66

Juniors
The most unfortunate but a smart coach never to win a premiership was Brian Smith. He should have won in 1993GF with St George and 2001GF with Parramatta. Took these basket case clubs and had them so close to glory, very underrated, if Wayne Bennett can still do it why not Smithy.
Get rid of Dean Young and bring back Brian Smith as an Assistant, surely this man can have some valuable input to this basket case club!

Latest posts