What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Dragon David

First Grade
Look I started the thread as a joke

if it offends people can the thread title be changed to Griffin? so people aren’t offended

it’s fair enough that people do want to discuss AG And have a thread for it I think
Fair enough that the thread was put up as a joke, but every time I open the Forum up and see the heading, it reminds me of the years of Sack Mary and to me Griffin needs to be shown some respect at this time.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm wanting it deleted because it is just not an appropriate time for it to be put onto the Forum. Maybe sometime next year, but certainly not now. I know I also have the choice of not opening up the thread to read the posts.
Lol. You can't just delete stuff for that reason.

Let's get this straight. You won't read the thread but want the entire discussion and its content removed.

No forum rules are being broken. Just avert your eyes.

True_Believer

Juniors
Here's a question. If he didn't get the job, what proof would there be that the decision was based on anything other than his interview?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Fair enough that the thread was put up as a joke, but every time I open the Forum up and see the heading, it reminds me of the years of Sack Mary and to me Griffin needs to be shown some respect at this time.
images

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So maybe one of the Mods can adjust the title
I don’t mind
I agree with you.

The last one said sack Mary, not sack McGregor.

Mary was the nickname, not the surname.

Surely this should be changed to sack hook.

Or merged with the hook hook thread.

Look I started the thread as a joke

if it offends people can the thread title be changed to Griffin? so people aren’t offended

it’s fair enough that people do want to discuss AG And have a thread for it I think

It’s a good name, it’s tongue in cheek and part of the rich tapestry of dragons lu.

It’s been met with humour elsewhere on the forum but in good faith.

I laughed when I saw the title. I thought it was clever, mischievous and cheeky. He hadn’t even been appointed yet, so It couldn’t be taken seriously!

That events have taken over the thread and given it some standing is mmm just life!! Shiz happens or magic happens in this case.

The dragon kids at work ( one being the ex junior who played with Dufty and knows Hosty) are very happy and excited by the appointment.

One reason mentioned was the lack of an “old boy” who is not stained with the Club politics and owes no favours.

No enduring bad karma from a spilt beer at the old boys reunion 1973, that kind of thing.

Rightly or wrongly, the kids here see much merit in a fresh set of eyes etc.

Jury remains out on whether this changes the outlook and culture of the board, but it is a significant concession to fans, members and other stakeholders.

One fly doesn’t make a summer, but it’s f**king big fly this baby.

And probably a very casual dealing of the feelings of Gus after he assisted you for free ( and made a big deal of his generosity and vision). He’d be a bit miffed.

Sorry Gus pfft!

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I am saying again, we should show Griffin more respect. I don't care if the thread is a joke, we have just signed him and this thread is put up too soon.
1. Pretty sure Anthony doesn’t read the forums (if I’m wrong, hi Hook, glad you’re our coach! :thumbsup:)

2. This thread was started before he signed.

3. This thread is hardly the worst thing in the media he’s had to deal with this week.

I am saying again, we should show Griffin more respect. I don't care if the thread is a joke, we have just signed him and this thread is put up too soon.

I don’t agree with you, but i support you getting your point across.

Perhaps @Willow we can have a poll on the issue and see where the votes fall.

So long as we keep up the discrimination law convo. It’s been good. Learning a bit along the way.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
1. Pretty sure Anthony doesn’t read the forums (if I’m wrong, hi Hook, glad you’re our coach! :thumbsup:)

2. This thread was started before he signed.

3. This thread is hardly the worst thing in the media he’s had to deal with this week.
Watch yesterday's Over The Black Dot on NITV. Link is in the Tingha thread in JA. Widders and Tahu in particular take aim at Griffin.

I thought we moved away from the topic, but now I don't think this is going away in a hurry.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Watch yesterday's Over The Black Dot on NITV. Link is in the Tingha thread in JA. Widders and Tahu in particular take aim at Griffin.

I thought we moved away from the topic, but now I don't think this is going away in a hurry.
I gets what happened to tinga is terrible and I’m all aboard why we need reconciliation.

That being said, from the 3 images I’ve seen posted from hook’s twitter, where he’s referring to BLM issues are more around wanting total reform, not dismissing the issues.

I’ll watch the interview tomorrow, but I’m off the bat I’m trying to work out whether widders or Tahu were directly involved with him.

I may stand to be corrected.

Mjab

Juniors
That's very gracious of you. But in my experience, it will only make things worse. You're not the one breaking the forum rules.
Thanks
It was meant to be a joke and the the thread die a natural death to be honest after a quick laugh
I wasnt meaning to disrespect the guy
Im happy with the appointment and wish him the best

Is there any harm done by just naming the thread Griffin, seems like more people are upset than if it was just called Griffin
Are there any rules about it, you can keep all the conversation just rename the thread??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks
It was meant to be a joke and the the thread die a natural death to be honest after a quick laugh
I wasnt meaning to disrespect the guy
Im happy with the appointment and wish him the best

Is there any harm done by just naming the thread Griffin, seems like more people are upset than if it was just called Griffin
Are there any rules about it, you can keep all the conversation just rename the thread??
Sure, but there are also rules against dictating content.

That rule is in place to stop people trying to bully others into altering the forum content to suit their own blissful view of the world. It's been there since the opening days of these forums because Admin want to encourage free discussion. Sure, there are limits and rules, but your thread title comes nowhere near any of those boundaries.

From the forum guidelines...

Please note that Admin take a dim view of members who feel they are the 'forum cop' and try to represent themselves as such.
https://leagueunlimited.com/forum-rules

If you give in, they will think they can do it again and again. We really can't pander to someone who is going out their way to find offence, if we do then it becomes never-ending.

Again, you've done nothing wrong with the thread title.

There's only been one or two posters who are pushing the boundaries and they'll just have to take no for an answer.

Dragon David

First Grade
I get that this thread was initially put on as a joke so LOL!

I am therefore happy to ride this out.

Sorry for any inconvenience guys and Willow has explained matters which I am now fully aware of and accept.

Can I say though, I really hope that we do not have to sack Griffen.