What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

randomdragon

Juniors
The whole plan to sign a successor doesn’t work if the team suck. Look at tigers. They f**king suck and they’re tied down for 4 more years of it with benji. Maybe a hand shake promise but not a contractual obligation with an untried head coach. It works for dolphins because their successor has actually coached a team to success.

BLM01

First Grade
I really don't get the love for Des. He destroyed the dogs cap and Manly weren't going all that great b4 jersey gate last year
They were Top 8 snd finished 4th the year before snd had great attack and speed
They were not doing that bad
Meanwhile whilst we were floundering pre and post Bennett he has won 2 GFs and did take the Dogs to a further 2 and had been a regular Top 8 achiever 🥹
Not bad don’t you think
Announce and sign him up now
I will say it again the Dogs had an administration team CEO etc snd BOD to balance the books and alert Des to their position or could of said no
Des could not destroy the cap alone

st george sam

Juniors
Meanwhile whilst we were floundering pre and post Bennett he has won 2 GFs and did take the Dogs to a further 2 and had been a regular Top 8 achiever 🥹
Not bad don’t you think
I will say it again the Dogs had an administration team CEO etc snd BOD to balance the books and alert Des to their position or could of said no
Also remember the Manly team the year before had Barrett as coach and Des improved the side 100% with basically the same roster.

SAP58

Juniors
If a coach cannot improve the total lack of disipline from missed tackles, dropped balls, silly penalties & constant repeat sets given away in 3 yrs he never will. Hook wont step down, why should he and the people responsible for reappointing him dont want to pay him out and as a Board cannot agree on anything. I keep saying we need a hard head that will make the tough decisions to put a halt to the lask of discipline & bring back some accountability. What I find interesting is Des has not come out to say he wants the job, but he also hasnt said he doesnt. whilst us supporters want something done quickly it will take time for this mob to make a decision. In the mean time more pain until the change occurs.

Mojo

Bench
If a coach cannot improve the total lack of disipline from missed tackles, dropped balls, silly penalties & constant repeat sets given away in 3 yrs he never will. Hook wont step down, why should he and the people responsible for reappointing him dont want to pay him out and as a Board cannot agree on anything. I keep saying we need a hard head that will make the tough decisions to put a halt to the lask of discipline & bring back some accountability. What I find interesting is Des has not come out to say he wants the job, but he also hasnt said he doesnt. whilst us supporters want something done quickly it will take time for this mob to make a decision. In the mean time more pain until the change occurs.
If they're interviewing others they may as well payout Hook and temporarily promote one of the assistants. May as well see how it goes.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Not bad don’t you think
Their former CEO Castle?? apparently was not strong enough to say no to Des.

jodragon40

Juniors
Agree

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I hope the leaks from yesterdays Board meeting are not correct in that the Board has not decided the future of Hook at this stage but are still looking for coaching candidates

Yesterday's meeting was about approval to take the next step with the candidates they have in mind or have expressed interest. That to me already signals Hooks fate. However, if these candidates back out or decline then keeping Hook on the hook so to speak is fair enough.

As I said yesterday, a lot of media 'scoops' will emerge, related and unrelated to our coaching dilemma. For example:
Young has declined even processing to the next phase. I believe that is a good thing.
Bellamy weighing up 1 more year, which directly coincides with Ryles finishing up at the Roosters.
Some Facebook pundits suggested that Des was given the green light with Hornby as assistant. Later that was revoked to say Hornby would not accept an assistant role, he wants straight to HC.

A clearer picture will emerge after next week's ANZAC game. Particularly if we are flogged mercilessly.

Next Board meeting isn't until May, where I believe some decision could be made then. of course there's always the crises emergency meeting they can fall back on.

So, sit back and let it all unfold.

smi962

First Grade
Hooks first season he kept persisting with Corey Norman and he was clearly not cutting it. 2nd season it was McCullough. 3rd season and it appears to be Mbye. Worst coach by far post Bennett.
Post Bennett? Waite, the Easter Egg and Browny were nowehere near as poor as Hook. I had Price as the worst, but I think I am even more disillusioned under Hook. The recruitment has been terrible along with the way we are set out to play. In Price's defence, it was his first gig and he had to deal with an aging, past it squad given the lack of youth recruitment planning in the Bennett years (due to the tunnel vision focus upon winning a premiership). Its also difficult to follow the success of Bennett.

Last edited:

Latest posts