What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

jodragon40

Juniors
At least we are consistent……
Slow, boring & undisciplined under Hook!
I dream of this misery to end & would welcome any friggin different coach with some enthusiasm & anger.
In my personal view the coach has not been allowed to recruit the players we need. There are 3 main reasons that I have deduced is the cause. Reason 1 salary cap issues, Reason 2 the current club and team culture and I'll discipline. Reason 3 there is no known liaison / relationship between our board or our coach with any current player managers. Until these issues are actually dealt with our once feared and famous club will be just making up the numbers in the greatest rugby league competition in the world

justadragon

Bench
Ivan Cleary had this to say about his club in the PC "Penrith were uncharacteristically sloppy in Newcastle, making 13 errors, conceding nine penalties and missing 18 tackles, while completing at just 71 per cent"
Compare this to our stats that we have had, especially over the last 2 games, it shows you how poorly we played and if we would have come up against Penrith we would have been flogged. The only thing that made us look good was Canberra's poor play which Stewart acknowledged.

jodragon40

Juniors
Ivan Cleary had this to say about his club in the PC "Penrith were uncharacteristically sloppy in Newcastle, making 13 errors, conceding nine penalties and missing 18 tackles, while completing at just 71 per cent"
Compare this to our stats that we have had, especially over the last 2 games, it shows you how poorly we played and if we would have come up against Penrith we would have been flogged. The only thing that made us look good was Canberra's poor play which Stewart acknowledged.
I'm dreading the Anzac day game.

jodragon40

Juniors
Over the last 3 seasons we have avg between 40- 50 missed tackles per game, You just can't be competitive with stats like that

SEAT 1A

Bench
But it isn’t good enough to get medium to high completions by avoiding all risks. Unfortunately that is Hooks mindset though, just like Mary before him.

Remember, we were ahead in both games.

One game, you could say unlucky. Second game, in the same position he was unable to ice it however, no change in mindset and two losses that should have been wins.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Remember, we were ahead in both games.

One game, you could say unlucky. Second game, in the same position he was unable to ice it however, no change in mindset and two losses that should have been wins.
I agree ....those two wins admittedly agains Titans and Raiders would have put us on 10 points and in the top 4 would you believe.....but as you say no icing......hence the problem arises when we play the top teams....makes you wonder if we had been on 10 points whether there would have been any talk re sacking Griffin.....not far when you take it all in from the penthouse to the outhouse is it

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Well today is the big meeting day.

What transpires after will be more of interest. Do we get the " Anthony has the full support if the Board" statement (usually the kiss of death for a coach), or maybe even a big fat nothing (nothing they want to say anyway).

I think that if they say that Hook will see out his current contract. That translates to 'our coaching target isn't available until the end of this season'. That would include just about all contenders.

If they comment that Hook has X # of games to turn things around then you may assume 2 things. 1. That they are considering Hasler for an immediate start, or 2. they will appoint a caretaker ie either Wolfe or Carr, until end of season.

It's not the Dragons way to come out as bold and brash, so I'm not expecting much from the meeting tbh.

Of course we'll get the usual, media insider information, but I would take that with a rather large grain of salt.

twinkletoes

Juniors
If the rumours going around that Doust won't have Flanaghan are true then the whole process will just be a farce again and some rookie out of left field will be appointed. The job of a director on a board is to weigh up all information available and make informed decisions which will be in the best interests of the company they serve... you can't have directors with preconceived personal vendettas making those decisions..the results will be flawed...but that's what I'm expecting unfortunately

Latest posts