What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

image-asset.png
I'm much better looking than him,
Looks like he fell out of a bin
I truly don't know
who ya photo does show
because I am older than sin.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I thought 7 years of The Peanut was the pits
Until along come Hook & extended my shits
For 60 years i have followed this side with the Big Red V
In 2010 they filled me with glee
Now we have a wanna bee Coach , goes by the name of Hook
That when he gets sacked our no 1 boy Hunt will sook
All we want from this side , is to have a bit of a go
But all we are getting is a flimsy defence and an attack way too slow
So its off with Hook an out with Hunt , and in with a New Coach that will instill a pride in the jersey and plenty of Grunt...

Mojo

Bench
I said in another post that our attacking structures would have been practice every training session yet yesterday we all saw players out of position, slow passing to players standing still and the icing on the cake our cpt and our most consistent forward verbally having a go at each other. It was not a good look. My view yesterday highlights that we are a team and club divided. Those who are in the Griffin camp and those who would like to see the back of him. The Board needs to act disisively which includes removing those board members who have been complicit for the situation that our once proud club now finds itself.
Yep! If I were a lip-reader I reckon Hunt was saying something like 'I needed a runner; where were you?' and JDB replied something like 'Get fkd!'.
Miserable stuff ... two very experienced 1st grade players obviously having no respect for each other.

Mojo

Bench
So its off with Hook an out with Hunt , and in with a New Coach that will instill a pride in the jersey and plenty of Grunt...
That last rhyming couplet didn't finish the way I expected.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
The Board has had more than enough time to make a decision, we need to sack Hook now and appoint a stong coach who knows how to win at NRL level.

Hasler is the MAN! Get it done now.

Hasler should have been appointed 2023 coach in November 2022. In this way he could have had a say in recruitment and prepared the squad in a manner of his liking. Now he will have to take over a basketcase of come players who just aren't up to NRL standard.
That’s if Des wants to go back to coaching, he’s overseas at the moment enjoying life.

Maddragon99

Juniors
We’re 2 from 8 & in 15th place plus playing rubbish footy. Surely this has to end soon with Griffin being punted. I noticed Mick Potter in the Canterbury coaching box I wonder if he’d be available for the interim job?

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Reckon Griffin was directed by those higher up to give assistant coaches more control in the early rounds but then he slowly took it back. When he realised they weren't going to re-sign him longer, he took away all their control to do it his own way.

Mojo

Bench
Reckon Griffin was directed by those higher up to give assistant coaches more control in the early rounds but then he slowly took it back. When he realised they weren't going to re-sign him longer, he took away all their control to do it his own way.
Do you reckon Mbye starting at 9 contrary to the team list (forfeiting an interchange) was Hook asserting himself (ie; 'No! Mbye is the starting 9!')?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Hook is useless
SACK him now
Don’t care who coaches in the interim
Bugs bunny for all I care
Everything about this once great club is utter rubbish
They have f**ked the brand forever imo
The great Saint Benny era seems a lifetime ago ( Doust screwed that up )
Lucky Dolphins
Griffin has to go that’s obvious & I agree it doesn’t really matter who takes over in the interim. But I not sure it’s all doom & gloom moving forward. We have a decent squad with a number of exciting prospects coming through just look at Couchman he’s only 19!

For mine I’d like to see Griffin sacked immediately so there’s plenty of time to find his replacement plus look at recruitment for 2024.

Couple of observations from yesterday, the interim coach needs to move Hunt to dummy half, Mbye is killing us. A Hunt/Liddle combination would be so much better. Also our lack of pace out wide really cost us we need more speed, perhaps Ramsey next year if he recovers, I was surprised how slow Lomax is they caught he pretty easy on the intercept.

possm

Coach
I was wondering why we havent heard from Des about the position & whether he is interested. Do you know when he is expected back into the country ?
I'm sure the Board knows exactly Hasler's attitude to the job, it is just a matter if the Board wants to allow him to run the football team. Like Bennett, Hasler prefers to appoint his own assistants (including the fitness staff) and also likes to have big say in recruitment. There are Board members who also wish to make the decision in these areas and so, must have to relinquish their desires to gain Hasler's signature.

SAP58

Juniors
I'm sure the Board knows exactly Hasler's attitude to the job, it is just a matter if the Board wants to allow him to run the football team. Like Bennett, Hasler prefers to appoint his own assistants (including the fitness staff) and also likes to have big say in recruitment. There are Board members who also wish to make the decision in these areas and so, must have to relinquish their desires to gain Hasler's signature.
Yes I totally agree, if they are not willing to give him control then remove him from the list of prospective coaches, naturally all the conversations are currently being had with the player managers. I like all of us are getting frustrated watching the rubbish defence & disipline we continue to serve up every week and would like a decisive Board to act sooner than later. It would be a tragety to see this great club get the spoon this year & with Hook in charge we are specials IMO.

BLM01

First Grade
Why is terminating an underperforming coach as protracted as an elephant pregnancy?
I am predicting an announcement re Hook as per usual when the media and NRL are way deep down in selling Magic Round with that being their focus. Its the Dragons BOD way.!

Latest posts