What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Dragon David

First Grade
I for one have had enough!
This coach has seen good talented young players go to other clubs!
He has imported old, second rate, uninspiring, players who are sadly past their use-by date!
There is no creativity, no structure, no playing plan, no resilience when under stress!
Yet these players as a team have proved they can do well – in spite of the coach!
His biggest sin appears to be rejecting and failing to encourage young talented players who have played together for years!
They will go to other clubs after being rejected by Griffin!
He obviously cannot inspire players, or encourage players!
His press conferences are a series of grunts and one word answers - he is clearly a very poor communicator who shows no emotion, or passion!
The board needs to wake up!
We need to foster our younger juniors, buy talented players, and get a coach who is inspiring, creative, and positive!
Raper, Gasnier, Provan, Langlands, Smith, etc would be absolutely devastated under this coach – they would throw him out as an embarrassment!
Wake up management team!
Well said Saint Pete! I agree with your sentiments and wrath. Enough is enough. The time has come for judgement of the coach and that judgement is Griffin Must Go!

BLM01

First Grade
The treatment of Sloane today was the same as Sullivan last week.
Craig Young needs to make a call on Griffin. Why with 20 minutes to go and 8 points down you would not put Sloane on is unbelievable.
He did..sort of. Sloane was ready to come on when we got the penalty at 16-8 and the call was to take the 2. But when we lost the ball had to wait when we were in attack again.

BLM01

First Grade
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with hook drinking coke in the coaches box. Maybe I’m making to much of it but I’ve never seen any other coach drink anything other than water or Gatorade during a game. Kind of sums up the dragons, UNFIT. Hence our second half fade-outs.
Ricky Stuart, Bellamy, Brad Arthur, Robbo, Hasler, Holbrook, obrien all look like they could still run around in 1st grade. f**k me dead, even Bennett is fitter than our coach. Can you imagine hook getting involved during pre season and joining in with the fitness drills…. I’m pretty sure other coaches do.
When your coach is overweight and drinks coke, what example is that setting.
like I say, I’m probably making a mountain out of a molehill, and we’ve undoubtedly got bigger issues to worry about, but it just doesn’t sit right with me.
Yes you are right.. making a mountain out of a molehill
Robbo, even Kevvie these days does not look that fit either but who cares
Did not know that a coach's prerequisite was to be fit.

redv13

Bench
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with hook drinking coke in the coaches box. Maybe I’m making to much of it but I’ve never seen any other coach drink anything other than water or Gatorade during a game. Kind of sums up the dragons, UNFIT. Hence our second half fade-outs.
Ricky Stuart, Bellamy, Brad Arthur, Robbo, Hasler, Holbrook, obrien all look like they could still run around in 1st grade. f**k me dead, even Bennett is fitter than our coach. Can you imagine hook getting involved during pre season and joining in with the fitness drills…. I’m pretty sure other coaches do.
When your coach is overweight and drinks coke, what example is that setting.
like I say, I’m probably making a mountain out of a molehill, and we’ve undoubtedly got bigger issues to worry about, but it just doesn’t sit right with me.
Jesus your clutching at straws there. Maybe there’s JD in the bottle

redv13

Bench
Well said Saint Pete! I agree with your sentiments and wrath. Enough is enough. The time has come for judgement of the coach and that judgement is Griffin Must Go!
Calm down DD, you’ll blow a head gasket tonight. Usually you’re a calm head, but I can see why you’re frustrated. It’s a shame it blew out in the end but with 15 mins to go it was 16-8 and we were attacking their line. Unfortunately it went to shit after that and it was a shame that it blew out in the end. I don’t think they deserved to lose by 26 at full time. 5 games to go and anything can happen. Bring on the scum for the derby!!

Draginzaaar

Bench
Jack Bird is a typical example of our team and it’s problems

Overrated, overpriced, slow, error ridden & hog the ball turning inside like a headless chook.
The only exception seem to be Ben Hunt , Cody Ramsay and one or two others, but not on a regular basis.
Our recruitment & retention suck as badly as the coaching.
Bird has to be the dumbest footballer I have ever seen in a Dragons jersey. How did he play for NSW?

dungay dragon

Juniors

Overrated, overpriced, slow, error ridden & hog the ball turning inside like a headless chook.
The only exception seem to be Ben Hunt , Cody Ramsay and one or two others, but not on a regular basis.
i really fear for this once great n proud Club
i see no light at the end of the tunnel
we are just canon fodder for the premier sides and struggle against those below us
we have a coach who still thinks he is in the 70s with the 5 hit ups and kick philosophy
he instructs No Flare , No Risk and little imagination
This Club has lost its Soul and desire
We inherit Journeyman , Nomads and mates of the Coach who are on their way to the nursing home
Our juniors are much hyped but see little or no football
We are run by a dinosaur board with noses in the trough and self interest their main priority
If things continue we will finish like Newtown and the Bears , and just maybe be competitive in the KOE Cup
I cant see us being able to match with the top sides in the NRL anytime soon esp if this rot continues off and on the field
Complete clean out from top to bottom the only way .....

Illusion

Bench
Did anyone see the presser , I can't watch anymore Hook and Hunt want to make me cry so depressing ..... Did Hook come out with his usual " they the Cowboys were very good " There are no answers because Hook doesn't have any , nothing will change next year because he coaches what ever football ability out of players .....

Old Timer

Coach
I understand all the sentiment re sacking Hook but in all honesty I don’t know of any coach capable of

Putting brains in heads that have none
Putting speed in legs where there is none
Putting hearts in chests that have none
Putting ability into youth that is grossly overrated

Our roster is simply atrocious and even the very best of. the best coaches would more than struggle to get this lot into the 8.

Predominantly players at our club are here because other clubs didn’t / don’t want them and even then we over paid to get them / keep them and tbh their former clubs have not missed them but actually reinforced those positions which they play.

The sad reality is we are the basket case of all basket cases.

BBTB

Juniors

Absolutely spot on.......
What is happening? With Recruitment?
What is Flanagan getting paid for?
This bunch of f**kwits running our club haven't got a clue.

Dragon David

First Grade
Calm down DD, you’ll blow a head gasket tonight. Usually you’re a calm head, but I can see why you’re frustrated. It’s a shame it blew out in the end but with 15 mins to go it was 16-8 and we were attacking their line. Unfortunately it went to shit after that and it was a shame that it blew out in the end. I don’t think they deserved to lose by 26 at full time. 5 games to go and anything can happen. Bring on the scum for the derby!!
I can blow a head gasket at times redv13 even worse than what you might realise. I in fact have calmed down somewhat because I'm getting soooooo used to these sort of results.

I could tell right from when the Cowboys scored their first try that we were done for the afternoon. I was hoping that we would win when we scored two points for the penalty but it has been that when we score a try first in the games that we have won, that we go on and win not with a penalty two points. When the Cowboys scored a great try not long after, I definitely knew we were shot.

We were done and our only try was from an accidental kick by Debelin. We had no attacking structure to score any more tries. I think that the Cows were playing in second gear and they knew that they would win without having to blow their head gaskets to let Dragons to leak through and score.

Coffs dragon

Bench
we are just canon fodder for the premier sides and struggle against those below us
we have a coach who still thinks he is in the 70s with the 5 hit ups and kick philosophy
We inherit Journeyman , Nomads and mates of the Coach who are on their way to the nursing home
We are run by a dinosaur board with noses in the trough and self interest their main priority
If things continue we will finish like Newtown and the Bears , and just maybe be competitive in the KOE Cup
I cant see us being able to match with the top sides in the NRL anytime soon esp if this rot continues off and on the field
Spot on DD and how sad is it when even the teams below us play more enterprising & exciting footy attacking with speed.
Our mob stand like flat footed slugs doing everything in slow motion.
The game is simple….run Hard, run Fast & tackle!
We can’t do any!

dannyt

Coach
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

dannyt

Coach
I understand all the sentiment re sacking Hook but in all honesty I don’t know of any coach capable of

Putting brains in heads that have none
Putting speed in legs where there is none
Putting hearts in chests that have none
Putting ability into youth that is grossly overrated

Our roster is simply atrocious and even the very best of. the best coaches would more than struggle to get this lot into the 8.

Predominantly players at our club are here because other clubs didn’t / don’t want them and even then we over paid to get them / keep them and tbh their former clubs have not missed them but actually reinforced those positions which they play.

The sad reality is we are the basket case of all basket cases.
Agree with you say, but not entirely the bit about our grossly overrated youth. I don't think we've seen enough of them in FG to see what they can do. Nothing to lose this year...

dungay dragon

Juniors
Spot on DD and how sad is it when even the teams below us play more enterprising & exciting footy attacking with speed.
Our mob stand like flat footed slugs doing everything in slow motion.
The game is simple….run Hard, run Fast & tackle!
We can’t do any!
Always thought Barrett was a good Coach but look how Potter has got the dogs playing
Organised ,Flair ,Attacking ,Enjoying their footy and showing a resilliance in defence and pride in the jumper
All of those qualities we presently dont possess
Even BBQ Bob is playing out of his skin
Potter a former Dragon ..just perhaps he could drag us out of the mire 🤔 🤔