What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

TruSaint

Referee
Watching Luciano Leilua stink it up with his brother against the Roosters on the weekend made me glad he's gone too.

Joey may have been the one dropped, but mark my words, Luc was just as bad. The first Tedesco try, Luc was right beside his brother, standing there like fools with no urgency, ball watching, not rushing back so Morris can put the cross kick through to Teddy with no one around. Z grade stuff really.

He wouldn't have lasted 5 secs with Hook, not sure how Madge hasn't dropped him too.

Both of them have such high ceilings.

In particular Luc, and I was not happy to lose him, however there is something in their attitude that is missing. I saw the highlight / lowlight reel in the game against the Chooks, and they BOTH were woeful in commitment. Its not execution. I can allow for a stray pass / offload etc.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yep he & Brett were certainly losses too.
We’d’ve won title 12 on the trot AND the baker’s dozen with Ryan IMO
Yes agree, his loss was even more salient due to the ban they imposed on John Wittenberg preventing him joining us in ‘67 in attempting to fill that void.

Como Connection

First Grade
And our ineffectiveness in this area won't come out in stats, Its subtle what a proper Hooker brings. Take the Lomax winning try, AM just positioned our ruck exactly where he wanted it so that Hunt was in exactly the right spot to put up the deft kick for Lomax to time his run and jump perfectly. The previous 3-4 plays to get us in that particular spot on the field was just as important as the try itself.

Unfortunately, McGregor was too much of an imbecile to work out how important that aspect of a hooker's game is and just kept blabbering on about how great Cam's "D" was.
What about the passes he delivered to Kerr and Hunt for their tries, for years the team couldn't score from close range, times have changed, that's why we have to trust the Fifita signing.
CC

Kylez3

Juniors
He wouldn't have lasted 5 secs with Hook, not sure how Madge hasn't dropped him too.

Because Looch has largely played very good for the Tigers since he joined the club. Granted that effort against the Roosters last week was garbage. But Madge made a huge mistake putting him next to his moron brother on the edge.

6AGAIN

Juniors
Watching Luciano Leilua stink it up with his brother against the Roosters on the weekend made me glad he's gone too.

Joey may have been the one dropped, but mark my words, Luc was just as bad. The first Tedesco try, Luc was right beside his brother, standing there like fools with no urgency, ball watching, not rushing back so Morris can put the cross kick through to Teddy with no one around. Z grade stuff really.

The Leilua boys have always had the talent but just not the commitment.
They're like my GST payment forms, they turn up once every 3 months!

redVinme

Juniors
Because Looch has largely played very good for the Tigers since he joined the club. Granted that effort against the Roosters last week was garbage. But Madge made a huge mistake putting him next to his moron brother on the edge.

This.

Crush

Coach

Luc had an ordinary round 2 but round 1 and trial he was outstanding.
The kid is a real talent.

giboz71

First Grade
Luc had an ordinary round 2 but round 1 and trial he was outstanding.
The kid is a real talent.

He’s got talent I agree. And his loss was magnified by the fact we have no quality edges. But to me he’s nothing more than a flat track bully that plays well with low quality opposition (like a crap Manly team in a trial). I’ve never really seen him excel against a top 4 side, he had a chance to show something on the weekend and came up woefully short.

Given the culture that Griffin is building, don’t think he’s the sort of player we need any more, Host was a bigger loss.

Crush

Coach
He’s got talent I agree. And his loss was magnified by the fact we have no quality edges. But to me he’s nothing more than a flat track bully that plays well with low quality opposition (like a crap Manly team in a trial). I’ve never really seen him excel against a top 4 side, he had a chance to show something on the weekend and came up woefully short.

Given the culture that Griffin is building, don’t think he’s the sort of player we need any more, Host was a bigger loss.
Didn’t they play Raiders round 1?
He was best Tiger on ground that day.

denis preston

First Grade
He , Wittenberg would had filled the hole nicely vacated by Ryan - who knows our run could had been 12 years instead of 11 ?

Never, Souths were primed and if you look at their side , players from 65 had matured by 67 like Coote, Mccarthy, Sattler,Walters , O'neill & Moses and that's just their forwards !

Funny thing is this was mainly due to their junior nursery but old time supporters claim the dynasty should have lasted 10 years but for the incompetence of the Board , which was largely the Leagues club board who ran it in the ground and didn't have any money to retain O'neill,Walters,McCarthy,Branigan,Coote,Cleary , Morgan etc who went to Manly & Easts.

Sound familiar ?

Illusion

Bench
Never, Souths were primed and if you look at their side , players from 65 had matured by 67 like Coote, Mccarthy, Sattler,Walters , O'neill & Moses and that's just their forwards !

Funny thing is this was mainly due to their junior nursery but old time supporters claim the dynasty should have lasted 10 years but for the incompetence of the Board , which was largely the Leagues club board who ran it in the ground and didn't have any money to retain O'neill,Walters,McCarthy,Branigan,Coote,Cleary , Morgan etc who went to Manly & Easts.

Sound familiar ?
Very ......

ChocOConnor

Juniors
The bloke has had record suspensions players screwing him over stench of the last 7 years to eradicate to deal with. What is it could he do. He may not be up there will Bellamy or Clint but with what he has had he has done ok. When asked yesterday pre game about why Norman was in centres he said he has no troops left.

Latest posts