What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Draginzaaar

Bench
Ryles risks becoming Adam O'Brien 2.0. If AOB gets the flick, I could see the Dragons snapping him up on the very logic that he served his time as an assistant at Easts and Melbourne, he still has a lot to offer, the Knights weren't a fair indicator of his possibilities etc etc etc and nek minnit the board are convinced he's worth a 5 year contract...
At least he made the semis in his first year and backed it up a year later.

He's had two seasons and we've not shown any improvement.
The pre-season has shown that we are still disorganised and lacking starch in defense or creativity will ball in hand.
The creaking old journeymen we keep signing are still occupying jerseys from 1 to 17, even when they're outshone by promising youngsters who get no guidance.
Solution : Hook's got to go.
ASAP

jodragon40

Juniors
The stat's say it all only 1 forward ran for the 100m until Burns made the last break that made it 2. 22 missed tackles not bad at all but in the wrong places and guess who South's picked on? No prizes Mbye of course who missed 5 you always target those players who are playing out of position. Souths a good game plan we leaked 42 points. Lomax needs to go back to Rav side at least then we will have some points in us. Sullivan's speed created problems for the Souths defence and Hunts cut out pass tells me he is going to be our mainstay in attack again but if you are not going forward consistently it won't matter. I'm sure JDB and Bird will be back and hopefully both in the pack because blind Freddie can see any chance of scoring points comes from Hunt/ Sullivan combo but I'm not holding my breath. Do we have a defensive coach? If so who is it? I picked us to finish 12th but I'm worried that we not even manage that. It is clear to me that this group of players do not want and have not wanted to play under this coach now for 2 seasons. There is nothing to look forward to for this season.

Illusion

Bench
He has to go. The club is in denial or just doesn't care.

Just pay him out. At half time, no players were looking at him let alone listening to him.
The guy is completely lost , no idea how to fix this ..... There has been no improvement at all ..... Yea we might win first up may win 3 in a row , then everyone forgets how bad we are , then as the other teams start to get their teams firing towards the 8 we go backwards ....... I don't forget how bad it's been ...... So I for one won't be fooled with all the crap they are feeding us .....

jodragon40

Juniors
The guy is completely lost , no idea how to fix this ..... There has been no improvement at all ..... Yea we might win first up may win 3 in a row , then everyone forgets how bad we are , then as the other teams start to get their teams firing towards the 8 we go backwards ....... I don't forget how bad it's been ...... So I for one won't be fooled with all the crap they are feeding us .....
I'm worried that by round 10 we will already be out of contention. We are disinterested, he lost the change sheds after the BBQ and our performances since tell the tale. No footy come September once again

Mojo

Bench
I'm worried that by round 10 we will already be out of contention. We are disinterested, he lost the change sheds after the BBQ and our performances since tell the tale. No footy come September once again
Remember that the BBQ happened because the players refused to accept a direct instruction. He possibly lost the squad before the BBQ. In fact, I think the squad was lost before Hook even arrived.

SEAT 1A

Bench

We got the Tits twice and the Dolphins so, fingers crossed.

The club looks as though they are backing Hook. It's not working, the players seem to be getting the short straw and it to hard for the club to anything to fix it.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
The guy is completely lost , no idea how to fix this ..... There has been no improvement at all ..... Yea we might win first up may win 3 in a row , then everyone forgets how bad we are , then as the other teams start to get their teams firing towards the 8 we go backwards ....... I don't forget how bad it's been ...... So I for one won't be fooled with all the crap they are
Ive never seeing our team without so much indirection, i truly we are not that bad in the main games but sadly this looks true

jodragon40

Juniors
Remember that the BBQ happened because the players refused to accept a direct instruction. He possibly lost the squad before the BBQ. In fact, I think the squad was lost before Hook even arrived.
Your probably correct. What I cannot fathom is why we stuck with him? All that comes to mind is because he is on $450k a year and we couldn't waste the money paying him out.

jodragon40

Juniors
We got the Tits twice and the Dolphins so, fingers crossed.

The club looks as though they are backing Hook. It's not working, the players seem to be getting the short straw and it to hard for the club to anything to fix it.
This group like most groups of professional footballers know their own shortcomings and play around them but this group were so disinterested yesterday that they are resigned to the fact that they are going to lose more than win again this season and our young talent just don't believe what the coach is preaching