What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Illusion

Bench
This is a heading in one of the papers , A team that was shafted , then after supporters rallied (supporters of one club) not like us (split board) were reinstated ........ Everything we are not ......

Souths isn’t a club, it’s a religion’: Cannon-Brookes in awe of Rabbitohs​

By Christian Nicolussi

March 28, 2023 — 5.00am

South Sydney’s billionaire part-owner Mike Cannon-Brookes was left spellbound by the scenes on Saturday night as the players quickly shot down any suggestions there would be a hangover from the emotional win over Manly.

License this article

Christian Nicolussi

Christian Nicolussi covers rugby league for The Sydney Morning Herald.

MOST VIEWED IN SPORT​

‘Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on way out’: Gus savages Suaalii

EXCLUSIVE​

Eels hold meeting with Gutherson, chase potential fullback option

OPINION​

Has rugby paid too much for Joseph Suaalii?

CHAMMAS ON MONDAY​

Yeo extends Panthers deal to 2027 as Tuivasa-Sheck makes big call on future

‘Freakish’ try from Kiwi flyer stuns Super Rugby

Origin contender Olakau’atu in line for immediate payday with Woods swap

The Sydney Morning Herald

OUR SITES​

CLASSIFIEDS​

THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD​

PRODUCTS & SERVICES​

Copyright © 2023

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
This is a heading in one of the papers ........ Everything we are not ......

Souths isn’t a club, it’s a religion’: Cannon-Brookes in awe of Rabbitohs​

By Christian Nicolussi

March 28, 2023 — 5.00am

South Sydney’s billionaire part-owner Mike Cannon-Brookes was left spellbound by the scenes on Saturday night as the players quickly shot down any suggestions there would be a hangover from the emotional win over Manly.

License this article

Christian Nicolussi

Christian Nicolussi covers rugby league for The Sydney Morning Herald.

MOST VIEWED IN SPORT​

‘Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on way out’: Gus savages Suaalii

EXCLUSIVE​

Eels hold meeting with Gutherson, chase potential fullback option

OPINION​

Has rugby paid too much for Joseph Suaalii?

CHAMMAS ON MONDAY​

Yeo extends Panthers deal to 2027 as Tuivasa-Sheck makes big call on future

‘Freakish’ try from Kiwi flyer stuns Super Rugby

Origin contender Olakau’atu in line for immediate payday with Woods swap

The Sydney Morning Herald

OUR SITES​

CLASSIFIEDS​

THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD​

PRODUCTS & SERVICES​

Copyright © 2023
South’s have the one of the most committed and passionate following - I would even go to say more so than the St George Illawarra fan base.. but to be fair we diluted our brand in 1999… not really the same…Dragons 1977, 1979, 1985 we were the number one brand in the world..

Walpole

Juniors
South’s have the one of the most committed and passionate following - I would even go to say more so than the St George Illawarra fan base.. but to be fair we diluted our brand in 1999… not really the same…Dragons 1977, 1979, 1985 we were the number one brand in the world..
Anyone stuck in that era still thinks we are...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Kenty blasts the club and says they are to soft and nice and don't want to make the tough decision. Before that blasted them because they made the tough decision and told Griffin they more or less are looking elsewhere. So which one is it? And again he throws the last year results rubbish where they were 12-12. Obviously he did not watch their games to see how they got the 12 wins.

He was right that the Saints board are soft but in soft I feel that they give coaches way too much time to prove themselves. Bring these old hasbeen's from Qld and a terrible reserve grader which Griffin worked with in Penrith were all Griffin's doing and nothing to do with Saints. I doubt Saints recruitment said "Hey Hook, sorry but we decided to bring in these old players you previously coached to the squad". Those signing had Hook written all over it. He made the call and rolled the dice and the terrible results came with it. Good eye for talent? Wow, he selected an uninterested Norman instead of Sullivan who did more in 1 game than Norman the season before. The Saints have just had enough and rightly so.

I want to know what changed from 2009 when Saints put in a plan to succeed and were the benchmark of the NRL to go completely backwards. They say the factions of the club is preventing any success. Well, obviously that was not the case from 2009 - 2011. 2012 they went Price on Bennett's advise so fair call it dd not work out but since then it has been a disaster.

They can easily fix this but why wait for 6 weeks? That is another poor decision by the club if they wait till then to do the obvious which people think is showing no support for Hook but is actually is them being too nice to him because they gave him a full off season and part of 2023 to see if there would possibly be any change which we all can see there is not.

Beating the Titans is not an improvement. Take away the bye and Saints are 2nd last. Tigers have leaked less points than Saints and have played 1 more game. They have not even won a game and have 86 against them compared to the Dragons 98. Tigers -30 Saints -40 differential. Let that sink in Griffin lovers because apparently Tigers are the worst team in the comp.

smi962

First Grade
Kenty blasts the club and says they are to soft and nice and don't want to make the tough decision. Before that blasted them because they made the tough decision and told Griffin they more or less are looking elsewhere. So which one is it? And again he throws the last year results rubbish where they were 12-12. Obviously he did not watch their games to see how they got the 12 wins.

He was right that the Saints board are soft but in soft I feel that they give coaches way too much time to prove themselves. Bring these old hasbeen's from Qld and a terrible reserve grader which Griffin worked with in Penrith were all Griffin's doing and nothing to do with Saints. I doubt Saints recruitment said "Hey Hook, sorry but we decided to bring in these old players you previously coached to the squad". Those signing had Hook written all over it. He made the call and rolled the dice and the terrible results came with it. Good eye for talent? Wow, he selected an uninterested Norman instead of Sullivan who did more in 1 game than Norman the season before. The Saints have just had enough and rightly so.

I want to know what changed from 2009 when Saints put in a plan to succeed and were the benchmark of the NRL to go completely backwards. They say the factions of the club is preventing any success. Well, obviously that was not the case from 2009 - 2011. 2012 they went Price on Bennett's advise so fair call it dd not work out but since then it has been a disaster.

They can easily fix this but why wait for 6 weeks? That is another poor decision by the club if they wait till then to do the obvious which people think is showing no support for Hook but is actually is them being too nice to him because they gave him a full off season and part of 2023 to see if there would possibly be any change which we all can see there is not.

Beating the Titans is not an improvement. Take away the bye and Saints are 2nd last. Tigers have leaked less points than Saints and have played 1 more game. They have not even won a game and have 86 against them compared to the Dragons 98. Tigers -30 Saints -40 differential. Let that sink in Griffin lovers because apparently Tigers are the worst team in the comp.
We have continually had terrible for and against in Hook's reign. Always the team with the worse for and against with respect to teams in a fairly wide proximity of us in the ladder.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade

Strong arguments/points Slippery.

TheRev

First Grade
The board leak is a bit weak, but its the teams performances that is generating that media scrutiny..

If anything, there is probably less pressure because we all know the club is looking for the replacement coach.

BLM01

First Grade

You make all reasonable valid points but this one.
"Obviously he did not watch their games to see how they got the 12 wins"
No one cares how you do it, a win is a win and I would take a GF that way.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Souffs have become a bigger brand than us, they embrace their history, they talk up their history, their marketing is way better, i cant believe how many cars/trucks i see with their bunny logo on the back windscreen, best thing that happened to them was Russell Crowe taking over, worse thing that happened to us was Russell didnt follow in his fathers/family footsteps of supporting the Dragons..

Lovemedragons

Juniors

F*ck that last paragraph is telling…..and depressing too

Latest posts