What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

All we can ask for is improvement from the previous season and that is what we are seeing this season. If Saints finish 7th then next year they should expect them to finish higher and each year again higher.

The top clubs don't seek incremental improvements. They're gunning for the premiership.

Your definition for success is pathetic.

Straight Shooter

thebigredv

First Grade
We had the team and opportunities to win it today two times over. No doubt Mary found it frustrating but he is our coach afterall and is responsible for aspects such as discipline, especially when they don't improve after half time.

You can say what you like about McGregor, but you cannot debate that in over 80 games as coach his team has never managed to put in an 80 minute performance that is polished and consistent. That's a damning indicator right there. We are never there when push comes to shove because ultimately there isn't the knowledge and planning from the coach that needs to be there.

Last year I would've been just as happy as anyone to see McGregor get the sack - he deserved it. Astonishingly however, the board saw fit to keep him. So at the start of the season I said if we get top 6 and play attacking good football I'd be happy. Not quite top 6, but definitely the brand has improved.

We were on track for a top 4 season until we lost our captain and 5/8 Widdop. Don't forget we are already playing this season with our second choice half (Hutch was first choice). So we lost 3 games on the trot against three sides expected to dominate the season; Roosters, sharks and Storm, all without our first choice halves - besides the storm game we could've won the other 2. After that we went through a dip that had real cause for concern, but it's now about how we finish the last 6 games, if Mary has truly learnt and improved as a coach we will see that with consistent results and good football, much like we saw at the start of season.

Lastly, we know he is no super coach, nor are most people a super coach from day 1. As I mentioned in another thread, Bellamy has one premiership in about 13 years of coaching (but is very good at getting his team to the business end). He didn't win his first until year 4 or5. Hasler didn't even make the finals his first year of coaching but did every year after that - however it also took him 5 years to win his first premiership. He has won 2 in total and he had a much better roster than Mary did when he took over.

Even look at Bennett who is a first class coach, but what did he achieve at Newcastle - 1 finals series appearance in 3 years, with much more resources available than

Dumb.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:And that's as good a summation of the reality of NRL coaching as I've seen.
[/QUOTE]

And dumber.

Straight Shooter

thebigredv

First Grade
Hey Lizzie....lizzzzieeee...still licking Mehrys bum????
We all deal with grief, like the loss of a competitive team, differently. Lizzie is obviously in the stage of denial. By the time the Bunnies and Titans have beaten us for a second time this season she will be in the stage of pain and guilt. Go easy, some people just need more time.

MilanDragon

Juniors

And dumber.

Straight Shooter[/QUOTE]

What was dumb about what I said? It was actually all fact. I even state its about how we finish the last 6 weeks (that includes today's horrendous result) to see if Mary has improved.

But you can't even produce a constructive counter. And you call me dumb.

Sharp shooter

sco22

Juniors
Why bother having 4 interchanges if you're not going to use them?
He has done that on a number of occasions to the teams detriment.
he didn't use Mann even when we went down 14-20 with 6 minutes to go.
I don't get his coaching at all.
Hey Dennis
no one knows what our coach is doing

thebigredv

First Grade
Must be nice to know no matter how shit you are you can keep your job.

How that works in the real world I'll never know.

Come on, it wasn't like the game was important to our top 8 hopes...I mean, we didn't have our best team available ahh...Newcastle are one of the better teams in the comp, right...

Paul's own wife couldn't defend his position right now, and yet there he is coaching one of the most proud clubs in the competition. Or so we used to be. How does Doust sleep at night? When did this cease to be a competitive sport as far as they are concerned? I, like you, am going to bed with a wrench in my gut and these guys couldn't care less about the irreparable damage they are doing to our 'brand'.

St George is dead. Long live St George!

Dragon Blood

Juniors
This threads tittle must be done today after the Newcastle performance.

If I was mcNFI I would've handed in my resignation 20mins before full time

Latest posts