What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dea

Juniors
Disgraceful performance again this year that demands changes. The good start to the year means nothing and did not deserve a contract extension as it was very little achievement in the context of the years of poor performance. The second half of this year was a return to the faltering and poor playing performance that is typical of McGregor's tenure. He needs to go and go now. Cause the longer he stays the more supporters will leave.

Gareth67

First Grade
Would I be wrong to assume that this nights posts from the forum members , would be one of the most volatile yet ?

The final nail has been hit into the Dragons 2017 season , although there are still another 4 matches to be played . There just does not appear that the team has the ' ticker ' to win any more games .

As somebody else mentioned earlier , some players earned their money tonight , whereas others have clocked off . What a sorry , sorry way to go out .

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
The culture of the club from the Board down is mediocrity and doing the Barry minimum to survive.

The club has lost all spirit and soul.

The JV has not worked and has brought th absolute worse aspects of each culture together. There is a reason more than 80% of mergers fail in the business world.

We need someone to buy the club and turn it into a proper commercial business.

Until then folks we are doomed as the Board have no accountability under the current governance structure in place.

Life's Good

Coach
Would I be wrong to assume that this nights posts from the forum members , would be one of the most volatile yet ?

The final nail has been hit into the Dragons 2017 season , although there are still another 4 matches to be played . There just does not appear that the team has the ' ticker ' to win any more games .

As somebody else mentioned earlier , some players earned their money tonight , whereas others have clocked off . What a sorry , sorry way to go out .
It's gotta be up there. Jubilee Ave is pretty fruity at the moment.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The culture of the club from the Board down is mediocrity and doing the Barry minimum to survive.

The club has lost all spirit and soul.

The JV has not worked and has brought th absolute worse aspects of each culture together. There is a reason more than 80% of mergers fail in the business world.

We need someone to buy the club and turn it into a proper commercial business.

Until then folks we are doomed as the Board have no accountability under the current governance structure in place.
Sheridan Stand......I could not agree more, you nailed it!! Even WIN corporation won't touch the place. As a TV network they could possibly make a show about the JV.....call it "LOST"

Red V for life

Juniors
2015 - clung to a top 8 spot by our fingernails after a big end of season fade out.

2016 - diabolically bad season missing the 8.

2017 - on life support (and all but gone) after another fade out, albeit one beginning mid-season this time.

We have had a roster who is capable of easily being in the top 8 during this period...maybe even as high as 5th.

We clearly have some junior talent looking at Dufty, Host, Lawrie and Sele who have made a fair fist of it this year, but these kids need to be developed.

So, we have an underperforming core group over a period of time and juniors who need development to reach their potential.

For mine, the Club doesn't have the luxury of waiting to see if Mary can cut it, not that it ever did.

The longer this drags on, the more we need to catch up.

hewi

Bench
The players say Mary is a straight shooter. So, assuming this I'm going to give it to him straight up. You were a great player for the Steelers, by all accounts you are a successful business man, but you are not a first grade rugby league coaches ring a ding ding. Do the right thing by this great club and it's supporters and resign, say it's for health reasons anything you like but please please go. It is plainly obvious to all but management that we will never win a comp under your guidance so go gracefully and that's what you will be remembered for not the fact that you are a failure.

blacksafake

First Grade
The players say Mary is a straight shooter. So, assuming this I'm going to give it to him straight up. You were a great player for the Steelers, by all accounts you are a successful business man, but you are not a first grade rugby league coaches ring a ding ding. Do the right thing by this great club and it's supporters and resign, say it's for health reasons anything you like but please please go. It is plainly obvious to all but management that we will never win a comp under your guidance so go gracefully and that's what you will be remembered for not the fact that you are a failure.
I'll second that.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Yep your right re some players clocking off again........I liken it to when you and 8 blokes are carry a heavy object on a work site...4 are busting their arse and the other 4 have their feet off the ground.......difference is if the boss sees it he sacks the lazy ones

getsmarty

Immortal

Pity he is not a straight shooter on his own performance. Grade D

thebigredv

First Grade
Pity he is not a straight shooter on his own performance. Grade D

When asked about the Tyson take down by Burgess. He should have said "it doesn't matter if he was going to score, we were abysmal. I don't know what I am doing . I coached negatively and I shouldn't have taken Tyson off with 10 to go but I thought we had the game won. I am incompetent and embarrassing."

Instead, excuses, deflections and that little wry smile to say it was the ref's fault.

You have your time coming Mr McGregor.

Life's Good

Coach
Why is he never in the sights of those in the press.
He has a far better roster than Hasler,McGuire,Taylor(when he was coach) yet they are always the ones the press write about.
It's because of the 'jobs for the boys' set up where there are no outsiders who rock the boat. How many times have you heard 'there is unrest/trouble at the Dragons?'. I can't but it's an regular occurrence at Manly, Tigers, Bulldogs because they have outsiders in key positions who leak things for their own agenda. We have no outsiders that can rock the boat therefore no leaks to the press.
The only time Rothfield has a go at us is when we are going well otherwise he keeps quiet because he enjoys us failing.