What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Mrlmr91

Juniors
Marry has to go. Absolutely heart broken. We have the worst management in the comp. We need a gus. He had success and got rid of it. We have no success towards the back end of the season. What would he do?

Gareth67

First Grade
When was the last time we smiled ? Seriously thrashed by the last placed team , this must put everything into perspective now as far as the mans coaching skills are concerned - even to Mary himself. “ we are not chokers “ , yes we are , since 2014 the team has nosedived at a tremendous rate in the latter half of the season .

There are just too many superlatives in the negative sense that I could use to describe the Dragons yearly fall from grace that I am unable to use , for fear of suspension from the forum .

I am going to have a good sleep in tomorrow and wake late in the vain hope that tonight’s display was nothing more then a bad , bad dream .

gregstar

Referee
Obviously Terrigal didn’t work.

How about a camp this week at Kogarah Oval.

Look the fans in the face and justify the last 2 & a half months of pus that has been offered up. Tell us all face to face why we should part with our hard earned on such pitiful performances that lack any desire or conviction.

If having 40 points put on them by the wooden spooners doesn’t shame the shit out of them, nothing will. If that doesn’t prompt action, nothing will.

Trying the same thing expecting a different result is what?

Ted bartolo

Juniors

Look the fans in the face and justify the last 2 & a half months of pus that has been offered up. Tell us all face to face why we should part with our hard earned on such pitiful performances that lack any desire or conviction.

If having 40 points put on them by the wooden spooners doesn’t shame the shit out of them, nothing will. If that doesn’t prompt action, nothing will.

Someone has to be accountable..For me someone has to be dropped ..I think any of the outside backs would be a start.Give the young blokes a go .we have nothing to loose

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach

It won’t change a thing.
We’ve been in this position before yet players & coaches get contract extensions.
We require a seismic shift to undo the rut we find ourselves in, not just this year but the insular, jobs for the boys, nothing to see here attitude that has infected the club.

I’m 100% certain I wrote the same thing, this time, last year which was a rehash of what someone else posted the year before that.
And the year before that.
And the year before that.....

rednwhites

Juniors
It won’t change a thing.
We’ve been in this position before yet players & coaches get contract extensions.
We require a seismic shift to undo the rut we find ourselves in, not just this year but the insular, jobs for the boys, nothing to see here attitude that has infected the club.

I’m 100% certain I wrote the same thing, this time, last year which was a rehash of what someone else posted the year before that.
And the year before that.....

its all too familiar mate. oh for a competitive coach with half a brain...

Gomarchin

Juniors
Cast your minds back to round 26 last year against the dogs. We only had to win that game and we make the finals.

Mary should've been sacked after that game. He wasn't and it looks like we'll probably scrap into the 8 and exit first week but Mary will herald 2018 a success because EVERYONE had them finishing bottom 4. We're stuck with this clown for at least another year.

rednwhites

Juniors
At stages tonight, some of the errors, missed tackles & general lack of intensity reminded me of those last few games coached by Steve Price. Were the players sending a message to management about their lack of faith in Paul McGregor tonight?

If you are asking me I think that is very possible. I haven't seen them drop their bundle completely like that in ages. Then again, the way McInnes was nodding at every word McGregor spewed out would suggest otherwise.

We've got a group that are all comfortable in each other, coach and all, and comfortable with just giving it their best knowing their position is safe as houses. Meanwhile I ask myself "what am I so worried about? Why am I so anxious to get rid of this coach?". The answer? St George has been Illawarra-nised. Sorry but I have to say it. Mcgregor wants us to believe scraping into the 8 is the pinnacle and the way of keeping his job and the fans happy at the same time. He is a Steelers symbol through and through.

I'll see myself out.

Bench
There needs to be a total cleanout of the coaching staff and a long hard look at all our players.
The only player that could hold his head up high was Graham.
Should there be changes next week. Yes.
Will there be changes next week. No.

Life's Good

Coach
At stages tonight, some of the errors, missed tackles & general lack of intensity reminded me of those last few games coached by Steve Price. Were the players sending a message to management about their lack of faith in Paul McGregor tonight?
Hammer, nail, head.

I posted elsewhere that we struggle in ‘statement’ games. The ones where we need a win against the odds or for our season. To me that is the responsibility of the coach to identify what is needed & then get the players to buy in accordingly. We have failed miserably(tonight, Tigers, Warriors x 2 this year, Parra x 2, Dogs, Bunnies last year).
Coach has publicly stated he has the team he wants yet we are repeating last years fade because the players aren’t buying what he is selling. I reckon he is like Ricky Stuart. Good for a little run but once he wears out his welcome, goodnight. That’s where we are at, again.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
To all the Mary bashers, you were right. lol

I never was a big fan of Mary. I wanted us to sign Cleary at the end of 16 and wanted him gone at the end of last year too. We need a new coach from outside our club, with fresh and new ideas. If we can manage to sign 2 or 3 good outside backs for next year, a new coach would be taking over a decent roster.

Hammer, nail, head.

I posted elsewhere that we struggle in ‘statement’ games. The ones where we need a win against the odds or for our season. To me that is the responsibility of the coach to identify what is needed & then get the players to buy in accordingly. We have failed miserably(tonight, Tigers, Warriors x 2 this year, Parra x 2, Dogs, Bunnies last year).
Coach has publicly stated he has the team he wants yet we are repeating last years fade because the players aren’t buying what he is selling. I reckon he is like Ricky Stuart. Good for a little run but once he wears out his welcome, goodnight. That’s where we are at, again.
the difference is that Stuart at least doesn't make excuses on the same preposterous level that McGregor does.
They're both pretty mediocre coaches but our bloke gets the gong

Latest posts