What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

41yearsaint

Juniors
For all his deficiencies as a coach. You have to give him credit for holding his position for so long.
What other coach is able to use the same excuse two years in a row.
"our new halves pairing will take time to gel" Our Captain and goal kicker has to be found a new position to play. FFS, give me a break.
I expect that comment AGAIN on our first loss.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Ah yes - the bench stasis syndrome & the mirror into the mindless One.

I’m being more positive tho Coffs - about a Rd8 sacking!

Even with a dismal start, this roster could come home strong & win the comp with a nonbraindead coach.

WTF where’s Demetriou these days?

The missus reckons I’m a masochist, but I’m set for the Dogs’ slaughter at Jubilee Rd5.

Think we might all be hittin’ the turps by then.

Ain’t nothin changed IMO

The wrong decisions continue to astound
Betta watch ur back Waterboy, Albert might be makin a move
For all his deficiencies as a coach. You have to give him credit for holding his position for so long.
What other coach is able to use the same excuse two years in a row.
"our new halves pairing will take time to gel" Our Captain and goal kicker has to be found a new position to play. FFS, give me a break.
I expect that comment AGAIN on our first loss.

Plus any of the other 29 excuses I’ve found thus far.

Multiple deflections are available to him this year - should be quite comical

merahputih

Juniors
He may need to call on more Assistants to assist him in building a wall of defence.
He may even have to call a 'State of Emergency ' if we start to get smacked in the first couple of rounds.
Hopefully though, Widdop can marshal the troops and stop any illegal crossings by the opposition.
Continuing the analogy his entire staff should have been sacked, resigned or jailed by seasons end.

possm

Coach
Clearly , if they are any good they would challenge the coach but no they obviously look at their wage slip .

So B Johnston, our new CEO and former Chairman of the Board is recommending the extension of Mary's coaching contract. It seems that the WIN buy out of Illawarra shares is only the first step needed to clean out SGI management which is rife with nepotism and corruption.

Next step is to find an entity with deep pockets to buy out the St George Leagues Club shares or change the rules to allow St George Leagues Club members to vote for their representatives on the SGI Board.

getsmarty

Immortal
Sack McGregor before we lose Robson and other juniors like Lomax , he won’t part with saftety first options that don’t work any way , his toxic poison for any junior coming through his a total hindrance on there careers

By the time they Sack McGregor, most of our promising Juniors will already be out the door...mark my words...this will be damaging...it will set the club back big-time...the board has no vision....bring in a guy like Brown....he would nurture and build our juniors.

McGregor just never learns..picks and sticks.

nontime111

Juniors
if the juniors go hell be the biggest traitor weve had....this is what REALLY pi*&^ me off! Using other teams players weve bought, and watching excitement machines go, If we lose Robson and Field Ill never watch another game until hes gone!

possm

Coach
if the juniors go hell be the biggest traitor weve had....this is what REALLY pi*&^ me off! Using other teams players weve bought, and watching excitement machines go, If we lose Robson and Field Ill never watch another game until hes gone!

My problem is, why can't SGI management see this. Surely they have to worry about the backlash caused from an extension.

Sack McGregor before we lose Robson and other juniors like Lomax , he won’t part with saftety first options that don’t work any way , his toxic poison for any junior coming through his a total hindrance on there careers
The further and somewhat hidden issue is that these youngsters don't rate "Mary" as a coach that can take them to the next level.
They are all looking at furthering their careers (which is totally understandable), improving their skills and learning from real mentors with the background and pedigree to develop future immortals (read Bellamy, Bennet, Green as examples).
The most glaring example is Aitkin.
One of McGregor's favourites, earmarked for greatness.
The kid came into first grade under McGregor, was hyped as a state of origin candidate and has been given loads of opportunities to show what he can do.
I dare say many more opportunities than some of the other developing stars.
If anything, Aitkin has regressed under our champion centre three quarter coach.
McGregor is doing Lomax no favours playing him on the wing either.
Lomax needs loads of game time at centre if he is to realize his true potential.
How is it possible that these guys seem to be going backwards?
So forget all the codswallop about the close relationship "Mary" has with his players.
Any player outside the inner sanctum will move sideways in a heartbeat if they can get a chance under a qualified and seasoned mentor.

We will never retain the best of our juniors with McGregor as coach.

Since I wrote this I have now read about the possible departure of Robson.
Adds weight to my whole argument and yet Brian Johnson is supporting an extension for this coach.
If we lose Robson just when he is ready for FG, we are a joke as a football club.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
The further and somewhat hidden issue is that these youngsters don't rate "Mary" as a coach that can take them to the next level.
They are all looking at furthering their careers (which is totally understandable), improving their skills and learning from real mentors with the background and pedigree to develop future immortals (read Bellamy, Bennet, Green as examples).
The kid came into first grade under McGregor, was hyped as a state of origin candidate and has been given loads of opportunities to show what he can do.
If anything, Aitkin has regressed under our champion centre three quarter coach.
Lomax needs loads of game time at centre if he is to realize his true potential.
So forget all the codswallop about the close relationship "Mary" has with his players.
Any player outside the inner sanctum will move sideways in a heartbeat if they can get a chance under a qualified and seasoned mentor.

Adds weight to my whole argument and yet Brian Johnson is supporting an extension for this coach.
If we lose Robson just when he is ready for FG, we are a joke as a football club.
In a nutshell , the place is F**KED....

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Great post Dennis every nail hit on the head.

The other point here is even if we re-sign Robson or Field or anyone else, its up to McGregor to play them. No play or restricted play would also lead to them requesting a release.
Robson has huge potential but atm its just potential. Its his choice to stay under our current structure or look to secure a fulltime gig at another club. Loyalty is now a forgotten dream for most NRL players.

It must also be remembered that we have Lovodua who is a hooker/utility and has played at international level. I feel his profile suits McGregors plan of McInnes as our main starting hooker and a back up who can play in a hooking role but also is big enough to handle it in the forwards.

41yearsaint

Juniors
By all reports our leading try scorer for 2018 will be on the bench and our leading points scorer and captain has to be found a new position to play, to accommodate Norman?????
I can't figure it out, please explain!