What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

getsmarty

Immortal
10,000 posts later and no closer to the back of Mary. The writing was quite literally on the wall 3 years ago and yet excuses were made, standards were lowered all in the interests of a few men who prefer their own comfort.

In an age where the NRL is looking to relocate teams, this club has signed its own death warrant.

Congratulations to the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Yep....it certainly looks that way..........As it is, many fans are losing interest...If crowd numbers drop, it may force their hand.

18to87

First Grade
I don't think last night's loss is another nail in the coffin. However, one or two losses to the Titans will surely sound his death knell
It won't happen - not with Widdop and Graham back. They will win both and handily too. So four of the sides wins will have come from the two last-place sides. Watch them say McGregor did a good job with all of the distractions and injuries.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Getsmarty is right that focusing on the players is extremely counter productive right now. Look at how we whine as fans, imagine how they feel having him as BOSS.

Blaming players is exactly what will remove attention from Mary. Let us not lose sight that a real coach should have our roster firing. And I mean THIS roster, even our backline issues are solvable with players on our books

thebigredv

First Grade
Now can someone tell me , does McDope still think we can win the comp.... What a stupid statement from him that just there shows the guy has nothing and it shows with his coaching ...... The Cub is sinking quicker than the Titanic .......

loss #9 "I'm excited" > loss#10 "We can win the comp" > loss#11 "We need to win 6 from 7" > loss#12 No comment

This guy has been getting away with it for 5.5years. I know his end is coming but years too late for me.

getsmarty

Immortal
Getsmarty is right that focusing on the players is extremely counter productive right now. Look at how we whine as fans, imagine how they feel having him as BOSS.

Blaming players is exactly what will remove attention from Mary. Let us not lose sight that a real coach should have our roster firing. And I mean THIS roster, even our backline issues are solvable with players on our books

100% correct....Gould's attack on hunt was cowardly....again..sticking up for his mate McGregor....

Watch the press conference...they feed him the softest leading questions....

How about, " you have now won 2 of your last 12 "....that's an incredibly poor winning ratio by anyone's standards....

McGregor and the Board have too many friends in the Media....

STOP GOING TO GAMES....that is the only option left....

getsmarty

Immortal
It won't happen - not with Widdop and Graham back. They will win both and handily too. So four of the sides wins will have come from the two last-place sides. Watch them say McGregor did a good job with all of the distractions and injuries.

Our only option is to vote with our feet....

STOP ATTENDING GAMES............Sponsors then question the viability of their investment.

Players are not the problem...please stop bagging them.

Dragons 09

Juniors
At least the impostor has changed his view on one thing. He reminded us that we were only 1 metre away from scoring 2 more tries (Hunt/Aitken) so if the fields were 99m, we win that game.....at least we've moved on from 98m fields. Hopefully by 2021 we will actually learn to play on 100m fields.:rolleyes:

dragonreddy

Juniors
At least the impostor has changed his view on one thing. He reminded us that we were only 1 metre away from scoring 2 more tries (Hunt/Aitken) so if the fields were 99m, we win that game.....at least we've moved on from 98m fields. Hopefully by 2021 we will actually learn to play on 100m fields.:rolleyes:

Aaah ,so he did trot this crap out ,I commented earlier that I didn't see presser but wouldn't have been surprised if this chestnut came out ,and it sounds like it did ,but on the bright side we have improved by 1 metre over the years.

This bloke has no shame.

Life's Good

Coach
Mary is encouraged by that performance. He's pretty happy with it.
They'll take some confidence from almost winning a game of footy.
Amazing.

You’re a braver man than me. I couldn’t sit & listen to the delusion he trots out as his reality. Sure there were some good signs amongst a whole lot of sh*t but it’s ‘the best squad I’ve ever coached’ & we’re running 14th.

Total Package

Juniors
I reckon the Titans will be up for these games against us. If they know they have the chance to avoid the spoon by beating us then it won't matter that we have Widdop and Graham - they'll have a fight on their hands. The board my publicly back Mary but I don't think he's that safe

hazzbeen

Bench
loss #9 "I'm excited" > loss#10 "We can win the comp" > loss#11 "We need to win 6 from 7" > loss#12 No comment

This guy has been getting away with it for 5.5years. I know his end is coming but years too late for me.
Mate the crap they are feeding us makes me want to stop supporting this bunch of pretenders....

Life's Good

Coach
Each lose is another nail in the coffin for Mary. This may have even been the final nail. I hope so.

I wish it was true but the silence from the club suggests they’ve bought into the injuries, JDB effect & last night there were positive signs(who knew Vaughan was an accomplished hurdler?). Soft, sympathetic media scrutiny certainly isn’t helping either.

Dea

Juniors
Sadly I believe you are wrong. The club will push the “we won this until the last second” and how great did our coach do crap. A couple of losses against the Titans would force the issue but even then they will sweep everything under the carpet as a result of injuries and JDB distraction. Our coach is a career coach and past club great blah, blah, blah...

getsmarty

Immortal
I wish it was true but the silence from the club suggests they’ve bought into the injuries, JDB effect & last night there were positive signs(who knew Vaughan was an accomplished hurdler?). Soft, sympathetic media scrutiny certainly isn’t helping either.

There will be changes....when training commences for the 2020 season in Nov the club will announce new assistant coach/es for McGregor. They will thank the old boy(s) for their stellar service to the club and the Cycle just starts all over again..........................