What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Prepare for the onslaught:

I suspect the Machine will do its best to project as much change over the off season as it can possibly muster.

New ball boys, plenty of fresh new merchandising, new talent and all kinds of other stuff on offer as it tries to contain the unhappiness pervading the fans and members.

It will be interesting to see if all of this works and the club can retain the interest of half of its fan base.

I think a full 25% might wait to see what unfolds. Of these, at least 15% will not renew based on concerns about the competency of the coach, but getting the real figures is hard.

I mean there will always be the rusted-on fans and I don’t see too many walking out forever.

And it would be wrong to abandon your club completely long term over Mary.

The treatment of the sign guys is more of a worry to me and the contempt for valid dissent and different voices. This intolerance is hard to ignore.

You see a guy being a racist (intolerant) at the footy to a player, it’s your duty to do something. Even if he’s an sgi or wt supporter. Can’t be asleep at the wheel as a resistance fighter. Ask the brave sign guys. Legends they are.

SBD82

Coach
Prepare for the onslaught:

I suspect the Machine will do its best to project as much change over the off season as it can possibly muster.

New ball boys, plenty of fresh new merchandising, new talent and all kinds of other stuff on offer as it tries to contain the unhappiness pervading the fans and members.

It will be interesting to see if all of this works and the club can retain the interest of half of its fan base.

I think a full 25% might wait to see what unfolds. Of these, at least 15% will not renew based on concerns about the competency of the coach, but getting the real figures is hard.

I mean there will always be the rusted-on fans and I don’t see too many walking out forever.

And it would be wrong to abandon your club completely long term over Mary.

The treatment of the sign guys is more of a worry to me and the contempt for valid dissent and different voices. This intolerance is hard to ignore.

You see a guy being a racist (intolerant) at the footy to a player, it’s your duty to do something. Even if he’s an sgi or wt supporter. Can’t be asleep at the wheel as a resistance fighter. Ask the brave sign guys. Legends they are.
You seem familiar. But I can’t quite place where from.

Have we met before?

twinkletoes

Juniors
We all know the scenario at the end of the season...CEO comes out and says we are all hurting and that the performance of the team has been disappointing and not up to expectations. The the crunch line.."Mary is on notice for the first 8 games of next season"...to see how we go. Unfortunately, if they do decide to change the coach at that point, 2020 is also gone!!...another season wasted

SBD82

Coach
Doesn’t seem like it

If your not interested in my posts, put me on ignore.

If you believe in Mary, post away and me and I suppose others will have to counsel you.
Ah... diversion. You always were quite adept at that.

For the record, I find your posts very interesting. In fact I’ve taken a particular interest in them.

And my only current belief in Mary is that it would be in everyone’s best interests if he stood down.

Now please, indulge my curiosity. How have you been? Why the prolonged absence?

Ah... diversion. You always were quite adept at that.

For the record, I find your posts very interesting. In fact I’ve taken a particular interest in them.

And my only current belief in Mary is that it would be in everyone’s best interests if he stood down.

Now please, indulge my curiosity. How have you been? Why the prolonged absence?

Who do you think I am and why the interest dr Watson?!

BLM01

First Grade
We all know the scenario at the end of the season...CEO comes out and says we are all hurting and that the performance of the team has been disappointing and not up to expectations. The the crunch line.."Mary is on notice for the first 8 games of next season"...to see how we go. Unfortunately, if they do decide to change the coach at that point, 2020 is also gone!!...another season wasted
Unfortunately I dont think the CEO will say anything. he did his radio interview few weeks ago.
I think it will be Mary that will be interviewed and Millward about the End Of Season review
Regardless...whatever gets trotted out will be dribble and spin

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If they lay the blame on JDB for ruining the season which they will then the they really have themselves to blame as they allowed him to train with the squad the whole time. So blaming someone that you allowed to hang around the club is bad excuse. Surely Mary would have asked to have that done not the club forcing Mary to allow JDB to train with them. I know they are looking after the players welfare but in the end he has himself to blame for putting himself in that position. In hindsight he should have stepped down until it was resolved or the club should have made that decision for him as it would have been hard to do for JDB.

If Saints do decide to sack Mary (we can only hope) then credit to Saints as they at least handled it better than Knights and Titans by doing it at the end of the season. Seeing how Browny was treated is shocking and showed a club that is really unprofessional. They still had a chance to make the 8 FFS and they let this happen. It's like they did not want Browny to make the 8 so sacked him before in case he did. And the players to act the way they did is worse. I would not be walking into a club where the players do their best to get you sacked and show no emotion.

By Saints sacking Mary at the end of the season it makes walking into the Saints job more attractive than the Knights and Titans that is for sure. At least you know that you will be getting a fair crack and the players will support you 100%.

Surely Saints have performance related clauses which they are able to activate to sack Mary. No contract would exclude these types of clauses. Johnston has worked in the corp world for a while and will know his stuff in that regard.