What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

I think Packer was a terrible recruit from us, started the season like a bull but when the announcement came he was going to the Tigers he put his cue back in the rack and did nothing.

He’s been nothing but trouble.

Madge was keen to see if he could be remediated and resurrected but all reports are he’s not remotely interested.

$700k a year. He’d our leading recruitment disaster. We are trying to give him away for beer money and cop a good flogging on the transaction, but nobody wants him.

Worst signing in nrl history other than Marys 2 year extension.

To be fair, I can’t provide his side of the story, he’s not given much airtime etc. I will keep an open mind on him personally, but if he’s not contributing, he can just rack off.

Not that Mary does the right thing either.

thebigredv

First Grade
How the club can just sit back and allow another season be wasted is beyond belief.

This is the nightmare of all nightmares. I can't believe it is real. Who would ever think a 'professional' sports team would allow failure to pervade it.

2020 is a new year. That's all. There is not one single thing to suggest anything else will change. We can only get worse.

Just bumping up the only thing that matters right now. Nothing new to add.

How the club can just sit back and allow another season be wasted is beyond belief.

This is the nightmare of all nightmares. I can't believe it is real. Who would ever think a 'professional' sports team would allow failure to pervade it.

2020 is a new year. That's all. There is not one single thing to suggest anything else will change. We can only get worse.

The most infuriating part is that any improvement on 15th will be considered a success.

What a wretched board we have. No goals. No accountability. No transparency.

Straight Shooter

Last edited:

I think the club will be gathering together as many resources as possible to bribe as many fans and members as it can and bring them back to the fold.

More spin to take people’s mind off the total collapse of the core business of fielding a competitive side.

I visited the official site, Mary and the well beaten first grade side are well hidden away.

Also gone from mainstream media is the players lecturing the game on how hard everyone is trying and how great Mary is.

Blackout, it’s a complete farce.

They will slowly re-introduce Mary with appropriate propaganda and spin over the off season.

The board have entirely abrogated their responsibility to their members and fans. They are non functional.

Your club is on its knees and about to keel over.

Managed by fools.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
It has me stumped . It would appear that they are seeking to be perfect at total failure in all aspects of running a rugby league team . They are almost there , surely it can get no worse from here - can it ?

getsmarty

Immortal
It has me stumped . It would appear that they are seeking to be perfect at total failure in all aspects of running a rugby league team . They are almost there , surely it can get no worse from here - can it ?

Don't worry Gareth....next years KPI will more than likely be to finish between 12th and 14th....We got this...

Don't worry Gareth....next years KPI will more than likely be to finish between 12th and 14th....We got this...

He came 15th with the side he “finally wanted”.

How is he going to go with a “second rate” side in 2020?

They spent most of the year “trying” to improve and they tumbled out of contention without so much a whimper.

If Mary and the squad were “trying” in the backend of that season ( as they kept ramming down everybody’s throats) , one can only wish, hope and pray they never ever try that hard again.

Maybe that’s why they’ve gone “rookie”

I think if everybody’s honest, Mary is incompetent, but a fair few players need to go and find another team and “try” over there.

At any rate, it will take at least 2 or 3 years to de-mary-fy the remaining squad.

So long as this board and Bj remain, it will take about 5 plus years to make any impression on the table short of being the laughing stock of the nrl.

No one takes sgi seriously anymore.

Sgi are the new titans and they will smash you next year as their coach has a pulse.

If the table had negative points, under your current management, you would find a way to be there next year.

The embarrassment of the entire league.

You blokes are living it.

Mary and your board are complete dickheads.

getsmarty

Immortal

They spent most of the year “trying” to improve and they tumbled out of contention without so much a whimper.

If Mary and the squad were “trying” in the backend of that season ( as they kept ramming down everybody’s throats) , one can only wish, hope and pray they never ever try that hard again.

I think if everybody’s honest, Mary is incompetent, but a fair few players need to go and find another team and “try” over there.

At any rate, it will take at least 2 or 3 years to de-mary-fy the remaining squad.

So long as this board and Bj remain, it will take about 5 plus years to make any impression on the table short of being the laughing stock of the nrl.

Sgi are the new titans and they will smash you next year as their coach has a pulse.

If the table had negative points, under your current management, you would find a way to be there next year.

You do realize that my comment was "Tongue in cheek "....LOL

Warabrook saint

Juniors

The good folk of the Tigpie forum must be missing your plethora of knowledge immensely

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Now that CC side are gone, I guess we can all look forward to the results of the review....

McGregor safe...Gould in...and a bunch of assistants sacked....

Don't forget, more assistants in!
We've actually created a new trend for clubs to follow.

Stop buying over-priced players.
Just buy more Assistants, one for ever player or was that, two?