What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
I know a lot of people find it hard to believe, but I think you have the core of quite good players, if they can hit optimum. The trouble is that too many are down at once. Consistently playing down. Only McInness is consistently at his best. I blame Mary. Seibs lifted a bunnies team in decline, he might be able to lift your good players. De-maryfication.

The process has to begin.

The titans have a long long way to go, but at least they are improving under a new coach.

If your squad is 100, they might be 70 or under but they are looking upwards.

And the knights rise? Wtf, they are ripping in.

And the tigers, treading water- but unconvincing and we just can’t beat good sides. No coach seems to be able to help us. They leave for Penrith ffs. That’s just shameful!

Your quite correct Silverdale P. essentially we do have a good roster but it has all but had its teeth pulled out by the maestros teachings .

However he or for that matter any other decent coach requires the full backing of the board in all facets during his tenure , something that is most unlikely at the Dragons .

Quite simply they would need to give him full rein as did Bennett when he was here .

Last edited:

SaintPauli

Juniors
With all due respect Dragon David...Roosters reserve grade could beat most teams...How do you fit the England winger in reserve grade...along with both Morris boys signing as well as all the rest....

Yes they are a phenomenally coached side, but they also have without doubt the best 1st grade and reserve grade roster in the comp....

How is that possible ?
Even with all the media hyped up injuries the team still fielded a first grade team to make the top 4 , and win most games. What other team in the nrl can boast that?

Friggin rorters.

getsmarty

Immortal
Had a few drinks last night at the Como Pub and a Souths supporter stated that McGregor has never been allowed to purchase the players he wants and he feels sorry for him!
I attempted to explain the situation to him but he wouldn't listen.
Unbelievable.
CC

Where he got that from is unbelievable.... Maranta/Norman/latimore etc...all have the coaches fingerprints all over them...as well as the retention of Aitken and lafai, not to mention the players who have left us..eg robson/Garrick/field/Leilua/herbert..........

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Had a few drinks last night at the Como Pub and a Souths supporter stated that McGregor has never been allowed to purchase the players he wants and he feels sorry for him!
Unbelievable.
CC
Yes the watering hole of the Mighty Mo's...but those places do attract some quite unbelievable people from time to time!...love it.

Gareth67

First Grade
Unbelievable.
CC

He wasn’t by some chance that chap who has no ears and has black patches over both eyes buddy ?

It sounds like the sod who told me he was a snowball and had no money to buy a beer so I loaned him $20 and haven’t seen him since . :neutral_face:

RedVDragon

Juniors
Unbelievable.
CC
I think you misunderstood what that Soufs supporter said. How could you understand what he was saying without teeth. Did you tell him McIdiot said many times I now have the team I want.

Your quite correct Silverdale P. essentially we do have a good roster but it has all but had its teeth pulled out by the maestros teachings .

However he or for that matter any other decent coach requires the full backing of the board in all facets during his tenure , something that is most unlikely at the Dragons .

Quite simply they would need to give him full rein as did Bennett when he was here .

I see what you mean.

That would necessarily entail some self reflection and acknowledgement of their own limitations and poor decision making.

It’s difficult for some people to come to grips with abject failure.

They are in charge of hundreds of people and an operating budget of say $25m a season and on any objective measure, they’ve continued to blow it for successive years.

In recent times, they have made attempts to repair things such as the Review, hiring of experts, a premiership winning assistant coach etc etc and the only thing they’ve got right seems to be reducing Marys powers ( being a coach they signed in the first place).

But it’s not just blowing it, they have overseen the decline in the reputation of the club amongst members, fans, sponsors, media, merch, the whole box and dice.

And then they stuff this notion of Mary loyalty down people’s throats.

Don’t get me started on their propaganda and spin.

What they don’t understand is that sometimes it’s best to step aside and let other people have a go. Like a fireman is a lot more qualified to fight a fire than a police officer. Pilots fly planes, not ceos of legacy media companies, pushing useless product to senior citizens etc during re runs of f troop.

The privatisation of the Illawarra part of the venture has only concentrated decision making and not enhanced it. No business acumen or rationality has been applied. The reasons for privatisation have not manifested. Pump in money to watch it being pissed up against the wall by the ignorant, self interested and incompetent. It sucks.

Andrew should sell his shares back to the fans and find other interests. Climb off his corporate high horse and end the siege of the club by corporate flogs. Take over channel 10 or do something he understands better.

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood what that Soufs supporter said. How could you understand what he was saying without teeth. Did you tell him McIdiot said many times I now have the team I want.

I thought of that too.

“Finally I have the team I want” circa start of last year.

Designed to get everyone excited and upbeat.

Result: 2nd Last

Thence a trip to New York and for 2020

“ Rookies again” he said on his return.

Old mate is best to keep clear of blubbering know-it-all South fans. Sweeping the yard is more educational.

redv13

Bench
I thought of that too.

“Finally I have the team I want” circa start of last year.

Designed to get everyone excited and upbeat.

Result: 2nd Last

Thence a trip to New York and for 2020

“ Rookies again” he said on his return.

Old mate is best to keep clear of blubbering know-it-all South fans. Sweeping the yard is more educational.

Mary is a leech who does not give a $hit about anyone but himself. He has shown that many many times over the last 6.5 years. Throws his assistants under the bus, they are replaced and the new one's eventually get shafted too.

Other members of staff ( HPU), get the same treatment. Players come and go, the one’s who lick his a$$ continue to play 1st grade no matter how bad they are playing: Aitken, Lafai, Latimore, McCrone, etc the list is endless.

Trips overseas, coaching junkets, whatever spin you want to put on it, this disaster on 2 legs would not get a start at any other nrl club as a head coach: ZERO CHANCE!! Yet this flip “ loves “ the club yet continues on his alleged $800,000 a season fmd!! And the muppet refused to take a pay cut whilst clubs shut down, people lost their jobs. Yeah this bloke “ loves “ the club :heart::heart: Fu** off you leech!!

Mary is a leech who does not give a $hit about anyone but himself. He has shown that many many times over the last 6.5 years. Throws his assistants under the bus, they are replaced and the new one's eventually get shafted too.

Other members of staff ( HPU), get the same treatment. Players come and go, the one’s who lick his a$$ continue to play 1st grade no matter how bad they are playing: Aitken, Lafai, Latimore, McCrone, etc the list is endless.

Trips overseas, coaching junkets, whatever spin you want to put on it, this disaster on 2 legs would not get a start at any other nrl club as a head coach: ZERO CHANCE!! Yet this flip “ loves “ the club yet continues on his alleged $800,000 a season fmd!! And the muppet refused to take a pay cut whilst clubs shut down, people lost their jobs. Yeah this bloke “ loves “ the club :heart::heart: Fu** off you leech!!

Yep.

Mary is answerable to the board.

His crimes against the club are also theirs and they simply won’t take ownership of them.

It does seem unjust that the cute change machine lady loses her job for being good at what she does .....

and McTool is reaping in $16k a week for being the 2nd worst coach in nrl history.

Plus junkets and the rest. $16k a week. Ffs.

That’s at the feet of the board and bj.

I mean that change lady, by the law of averages, with assistants and things, she’d do a much better job as coach than Mary. It’s hard to do worse.

This is why I nearly vomit when I hear the lying corporate psycho babble and pr spin.

There’s no progress, no achievement and right now, no future.

Everything your club heirarchy says is a conceited filthy lie and I want to see some justice for you blokes.

Marys sacking 1, New Board 2, get rid of Wins influence 3.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
I see what you mean.

That would necessarily entail some self reflection and acknowledgement of their own limitations and poor decision making.

It’s difficult for some people to come to grips with abject failure.

They are in charge of hundreds of people and an operating budget of say $25m a season and on any objective measure, they’ve continued to blow it for successive years.

In recent times, they have made attempts to repair things such as the Review, hiring of experts, a premiership winning assistant coach etc etc and the only thing they’ve got right seems to be reducing Marys powers ( being a coach they signed in the first place).

But it’s not just blowing it, they have overseen the decline in the reputation of the club amongst members, fans, sponsors, media, merch, the whole box and dice.

And then they stuff this notion of Mary loyalty down people’s throats.

Don’t get me started on their propaganda and spin.

What they don’t understand is that sometimes it’s best to step aside and let other people have a go. Like a fireman is a lot more qualified to fight a fire than a police officer. Pilots fly planes, not ceos of legacy media companies, pushing useless product to senior citizens etc during re runs of f troop.

The privatisation of the Illawarra part of the venture has only concentrated decision making and not enhanced it. No business acumen or rationality has been applied. The reasons for privatisation have not manifested. Pump in money to watch it being pissed up against the wall by the ignorant, self interested and incompetent. It sucks.

Andrew should sell his shares back to the fans and find other interests. Climb off his corporate high horse and end the siege of the club by corporate flogs. Take over channel 10 or do something he understands better.

Usually I would say that - that’s it in a nutshell - but in this instance what you have said is it in the whole damn bag of nuts !

Well spoken Silverdale , you have condensed all of the faults with this organization or corporation call it what you may , but at the end of the day it’s all about business , I rue the day I ever heard of the Gordon’s and the WIN Corp.

They have not provided the astute decision making that is required for any type of success on the footy field . But what is , is and we cannot change a damn thing , our only hope lies in that someone has enough clarity of mind one day to say to themselves “ Wouldn’t it be nice to have one of those shiny silver trophies in our boardroom “ .

Of course the only problem with that would be that Andrew would probably use the bluudy thing as a paperweight . :flushed:

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I once was having a drink with a dragons fan at the cricket ground. Now this bloke new a lot of people in the dragons set up.

he told me he couldn’t understand why the dragons had signed McGregor in the very first place. The only thing he could think of was he was very cheap. He also said McGregor was well off financially but he said after 2 years as coach he became this egotistical bloke who thought he could coach. He did give him some credit as the first 2-3 years our cap was a mess apparently. I asked would you hire him to be a coach if you had a choice.

His exact words to me was No Effing way you watch we will lose all our up and comers because if this bloke

He is a moron of the highest ordet

qld redvee

Juniors
well this weeks preview has given us a few words of wisdom from supercoach ..
we have had a 9 day turnaround and in that time we have " worked on our craft and team game ""

can someone out there decipher this new batch of supercoach gobbleygook .......
also we needed better start to game so thats why hunt is starting and mcinness is a running passing tackling no 13 ... and tariq has replaced an improving Tyrell !!! .. and just to top it off JP had to come back in because we had won 2 games before he got suspended ...

2 minutes of my life i have just wasted

ChocOConnor

Juniors
What is he is trying to say is

I don’t know what the team is going to be like I was just told to front the media.

I am also a moron of the highest order that I am happy collecting my cheque and doing SFA for it and I am laughing all the way to the bank.

Ah what is the team that we have chosen this week he asks