What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Not sure if mentioned already but Danny Weidler is suggesting they will wait until November to save $$$.

Someone must have sent the weedster the @Dragonslayer post on here a little while ago.
Love him or hate him, the slayer is to be reckoned with.

The main thing is an announcement that McDingDong is given his marching orders.

At any rate, Sack Mary Night Merchandise is a good earner, demand is not keeping up with supply.

I should run an Amazon internet course, in just 24 hours, thousands of my students have made millions of dollars....

Might even get a staff member to ring up Webb and say Parramatta want to sign Mary, so we move more crap in 2 years time.

I hope Marys manager hasn’t lost that so called spy’s phone number. Spy can name his price this time round.

Gareth67

First Grade
“ The Wollongong mob are still supporting him “ ? ? ?

Holy crap after all these years of abject failure and those looneys are still supporting the imbecile of a coach ! Good lawd , the man has no idea whatsofookingever and they still give him their best wishes ?

Well that’s got me stumped fellas , this must be sorted if only in the best interest ( of moving forward ) of the Joint Venture - if it is to survive .

Should the Illawarra side not see common sense , then end this charade now and allow both clubs to stand alone .

They can take the Gordon’s and their squillions of dollarswith them and we will find another more worthy benefactor who is hell bent on success on the field and do justice to the St.George and Dragon emblem .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade

Holy crap after all these years of abject failure and those looneys are still supporting the imbecile of a coach ! Good lawd , the man has no idea whatsofookingever and they still give him their best wishes ?

Well that’s got me stumped fellas , this must be sorted if only in the best interest ( of moving forward ) of the Joint Venture - if it is to survive .

Should the Illawarra side not see common sense , then end this charade now and allow both clubs to stand alone .

They can take the Gordon’s and their squillions of dollarswith them and we will find another more worthy benefactor who is hell bent on success on the field .
This is why the Steelers failed to win a comp. Surely those Wollongong mob members can see that with Mary, we just get nowhere. They are a stubborn bunch!!

They can take the Gordon’s and their squillions of dollarswith them and we will find another more worthy benefactor who is hell bent on success on the field .

At least the Tigers JV understands this. We screw it up, but a decent coach is never in dispute.

If They don’t perform, they are taken out the back and clubbed by the board, then sacked.

It’s a clean kill, “ you’re a f**ked coach, your sacked”

Takes seconds.

No millions of dollars and resources pumped into them over years.

No treating the fans with derision and contempt.

We despise a lot of the old boys, often seen as meddlers and trouble makers.

We still fail because we are cursed, but the intent and ruthlessness is there

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
Could it be?

Could it be after 5 years, over 800 pages, online petitions, media speculation & many suicides that this tard-knuckle is going to get the heave?

That the least successful, stubborn, clueless coach is going to be removed?

I'm tempted to unzip in preparation to rub one out over the screen but we've been betrayed before.

And the fact that the Steelers board members voted to retain the freak (which is truly dumbfounding) stirs up fears that WIN Corp could still have an impact upon this.

Ahh f&c.k it!
I'll shake hands with the unemployed anyway.

TruSaint

Referee
s-36fc5d36abee3997b240aec02b976e3a2a73181f.gif

boardlumps62

Juniors

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
I don’t see anything wrong with a divorce.

The Steelers can stand alone with andrews billions.

They’ve been leaching off Saints for years.

There’s just no symmetry.

Some corporate idiot thought the colours were the same and forced the merger that neither club really wanted. All these flip candy store poppers have retired now.

Then the Steelers went on the bludge thereafter. Got to like being a pair of socks as it didn’t cost anything.

But they were a really good club and a going concern. They shouldn’t underestimate themselves.

To suggest leaching is a bit rich. It was a nursery ground for St George (rugby league in general but mainly St George) well before the merge. John Jansen, Slippery Morris and Changa Langlands to name a few. The intestinal fortitude of the country married with the professionalism of the city. How we’re not a sustained powerhouse I’ll never know. Synergy is key, we don’t want to end up like West’s..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Can someone confirm that each side ie Dragons and WIN/Illawarra have 4 members each, but the Illawarra Board member has no voting rights in this situation?

If so, then the Dragons side would hold a 4 to 3 vote majority.
He's cooked.

The only issue i see is when he goes, not if.
4 options are obviously in play:

1. Sack him immediately and appoint a caretaker for the remaining 6 games.
2. Sack him but keep him on 'till after the final season game.
3. Keep him and say his contract will he honoured, but no further.
4. Allow him to 'graciously' say he's immediately stepping down from the head coaching role 'for the good of the club and team'.

I feel options 2 and 3 are the worse case scenarios. Considering having to sign players etc.
Option 4, may just he his 'get out of jail' card, and leave with some dignity.
Options, 1 and 4 at least will give us time to search and appoint a 'suitable' replacement. If Weildler is correct then there's no pointvin waiting for Flanno for 2022. To much time will pass, and it still provides us with no certainty for recruitement and retention.
Intrim coach for the rest of this season I'm ok with, be that Young or Shepherd, however, wd need to appoint a head coach ready for 2021.
Fitzgibbon looks like he'll stay with the Roosters.
Ryles is uncommitted to the NRL.
Wane looks the best candidate, in my opinion.
Some fhatter that we have spoken to Green, but nothing more.

Dragsters

First Grade
If we sign him who will do the press conferences. Idea bring back Jimmy he'd understand him. But then we wouldn't know what's going on or our team. Could you imagine training then game day .....what the fook you guys doing....

When he gets us winning again, the only ones who will care about the pressers are the journos.

Us fans will be too busy celebrating for pressers...

Dragsters

First Grade
Can someone confirm that each side ie Dragons and WIN/Illawarra have 4 members each, but the Illawarra Board member has no voting rights in this situation?

If so, then the Dragons side would hold a 4 to 3 vote majority.
He's cooked.

The only issue i see is when he goes, not if.
4 options are obviously in play:

1. Sack him immediately and appoint a caretaker for the remaining 6 games.
2. Sack him but keep him on 'till after the final season game.
3. Keep him and say his contract will he honoured, but no further.
4. Allow him to 'graciously' say he's immediately stepping down from the head coaching role 'for the good of the club and team'.

I feel options 2 and 3 are the worse case scenarios. Considering having to sign players etc.
Option 4, may just he his 'get out of jail' card, and leave with some dignity.
Options, 1 and 4 at least will give us time to search and appoint a 'suitable' replacement. If Weildler is correct then there's no pointvin waiting for Flanno for 2022. To much time will pass, and it still provides us with no certainty for recruitement and retention.
Intrim coach for the rest of this season I'm ok with, be that Young or Shepherd, however, wd need to appoint a head coach ready for 2021.
Fitzgibbon looks like he'll stay with the Roosters.
Ryles is uncommitted to the NRL.
Wane looks the best candidate, in my opinion.
Some fhatter that we have spoken to Green, but nothing more.

Has to be Shaun Wane...

Gareth67

First Grade
Has to be Shaun Wane...

Exactly the man for the job of resurrecting this phoenix ( burnt dragon ) from the ashes of the maestros and J.V’s board demolition job .

As to the coaching position , there is no point whatsoever leaving Mary on until the end of the year , appoint an interim coach - Sheppard (?) and give our Dragon youth a taste of the top grade - if only to tempt them to stay until a coach who knows his trade arrives .

To suggest leaching is a bit rich. It was a nursery ground for St George (rugby league in general but mainly St George) well before the merge. John Jansen, Slippery Morris and Changa Langlands to name a few. The intestinal fortitude of the country married with the professionalism of the city. How we’re not a sustained powerhouse I’ll never know. Synergy is key, we don’t want to end up like West’s..

This wonderful synergy you speak of has resulted in 7 years of Mary.

The two sides of the board hate each other.

All praise to Mcf**kwit and good old bj!

Latest posts