What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragonslayer

First Grade
McGregor will be gone, I'm convinced of that. It's the when is the only question.

Consider this, and we know McGregors narcissistic ways:

1. Hold on until seasons end and receive half of your expected payout (approx - 400k), or
2. Go now after the Parra game and receive all of your payout (approx 1.1m)

This talk about still making the 8 etc is just bs. Yes, its mathematically possible, but even so, relying on 'other' results is fruitless.

Further, look at thr team selected this week, is this the team you would select if you were fighting to save your job?

The fact that his manager has been called in for a meeting also points to a decision more to do with negotiating a 'payout' rather than anything else.

Dragon David

First Grade
The question I am putting forward now is - will Mr Bruce Gordon be "zoomed" next Tuesday for the meeting and will the members of the board have enough courage to "insist" on seeking Mr Bruce in him dipping into his bank account for the money to pay McGregor's termination money either now or at the end of the year?

Didn't Mr Bruce say that he didn't want to pay out McGregor before and if this is still his position, we will have McGregor until the end of his contract?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Sick of hearing that Saints are still a chance of making the 8 but not how Saints are 2 points ahead of Brisbane and another 2 against the wooden spooners. They are more chance of the spoon than the 8 that is for sure. All it takes is Brisbane/Dogs and Cows to hit some late season form. If Mary stays I would not be confident of Saints beating any of the Qld teams. And the excuse will be about travel as they play each of them over 3 weeks.

Titans will finish ahead of Saints the way they are going. A much better side than Saints that is for sure.

getsmarty

Immortal
Sick of hearing that Saints are still a chance of making the 8 but not how Saints are 2 points ahead of Brisbane and another 2 against the wooden spooners. They are more chance of the spoon than the 8 that is for sure. All it takes is Brisbane/Dogs and Cows to hit some late season form. If Mary stays I would not be confident of Saints beating any of the Qld teams. And the excuse will be about travel as they play each of them over 3 weeks.

Titans will finish ahead of Saints the way they are going. A much better side than Saints that is for sure.

Ask yourself this question....Who is leaking all this to the media??? Someone is clutching @ straws...living in a land of make believe.......

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

A much better coached side in any case.

The question I am putting forward now is - will Mr Bruce Gordon be "zoomed" next Tuesday for the meeting and will the members of the board have enough courage to "insist" on seeking Mr Bruce in him dipping into his bank account for the money to pay McGregor's termination money either now or at the end of the year?

Didn't Mr Bruce say that he didn't want to pay out McGregor before and if this is still his position, we will have McGregor until the end of his contract?

No chance.

I think there is a cap on coaches etc.

The trouble was that he was re-signed and the reason provided. If the journos are right, this horrific mistake all boils down to a belief in a source linked to another club.

Call it a $1.8m phone call for Mary but factor in the cost of “ wasted” competition effort and results ( whole financial costs of losing) a cost in excess of $15m might be closer.

That’s a lot of money to risk on a rumour unless one of the ( allegedly the eels) board members present in what would be a highly confidential discussion is seriously treacherous.

Your sneaky hero rat has never been caught, so there’s a chance he is still on the sgi spy books.

Its a good thing for sgi to have traitors planted around other clubs. I duff my hat to the sgi version of asio, but fear old mate could have been a double agent as well.

It’s not in the interests of other clubs to see sgi in its natural and normal state of competitiveness.

Mary etc is a massive impediment.

I think the circumstances should be disclosed, but if it’s all genuine, sgi need to protect their agents in the field.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep, I found it too ridiculous to even ridicule!
A5FE0F5C-4D9F-4F95-8750-6DB410088055.jpeg

“ Well finally someone who has his head screwed on right , Mr. Silverdale Phantom ( not related to the Phantom by some chance - one of my all time heros ) , I am good , but yikes I am not that good , even Bellamy couldn’t get my mob to the semis . The beggars simply wont listen to a word I say and they wonder why we are at the bottom end of the ladder . “

View attachment 40899

“ Well finally someone who has his head screwed on right , Mr. Silverdale Phantom ( not related to the Phantom by some chance - one of my all time heros ) , I am good , but yikes I am not that good , even Bellamy couldn’t get my mob to the semis . The beggars simply wont listen to a word I say and they wonder why we are at the bottom end of the ladder . “

Hey at least it comes a bit earlier than last year. It was round 22 or something and I think someone worked out you had to win each game by an average of 30 points.

But the lion of the den of nrl coaches, he was pretty confident and that’s all that mattered!

Its like saying Nazi Germany is still a chance to win World War Two, that the USSR will be first to the moon and that a bank is generous and cares about its customers.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think we can all agree that with Aitken leaving and McGregor being mentioned again in the media, even with Seibold being a much easier target for the parasites currently. Our days of Mary are coming to an end. I don’t know how it all works with coaching in that if a team tells their coach he’s gone at years end they can begin taking resumes before he is gone?

He had some rough periods EA and found some form.

I don’t know about sgi but every time a dicey player leaves tigers, they go on to be superstars at their next club. Charge up the Rothmans table, win a series of games through fluke plays, gf within 2 years and Clive Churchill.

It’s sad that EA could have done these things at sgi if McCrumpet hadn’t poisoned his game.

Only cam has an antibodies to resist the infection, he should give blood to other players.

Send it to Putin to enhance his vaccine.

Gareth67

First Grade
Hey at least it comes a bit earlier than last year. It was round 22 or something and I think someone worked out you had to win each game by an average of 30 points.

But the lion of the den of nrl coaches, he was pretty confident and that’s all that mattered!

Its like saying Nazi Germany is still a chance to win World War Two, that the USSR will be first to the moon and that a bank is generous and cares about its customers.
7AC0CAC9-9101-47E3-BF86-ACEF42F756C8.jpeg

“ Yikes ! And here I thought that you had your head screwed on right ! Well mister it’s all gobblygock to me , you don’t make a bit of sense . Get back to your Phantom comic books and leave me to do the instruction of my footy team .”

This talk about still making the 8 etc is just bs. Yes, its mathematically possible, but even so, relying on 'other' results is fruitless.

I would love a reporter to ask Mary whether we can still make the finals. Remember about six weeks out from last year he said we could still make the grand final!

Straight Shooter

Last edited:
History Never Repeats

Once again the Mary forces roll out players to back him, if memory serves, lasts year pro-Mary playing group was Graham and Vaughn, this year its now Duffy and McClune.

They were pretty strong expressions and they claimed to represent the whole playing group. Well they don’t represent frizz, Ea or Saab. So stop your bullshit Dufty. Only a few weeks you were praising the selection panel. Choose your bloody side mate!

“ We need to play for a coach we believe in” or like-minded complete crap.

But It shows that the pro-Mary forces are still engaged in a fierce battle for hearts and minds before d day.

Either that or they are softening up Mary for the brutal slaying that buzzmondo still swears by.

I said it last year, a lot of forum folk seemed to agree the players should shut up, play footy and stay out of club politics. It’s not just sgi, it’s a universal concept.

Dufty is factory standard nrl and a couple of good games in 2 years doesn’t earn him the right to be trusted on things he doesn’t understand and seems unable to comprehend.

Has he ever met a fan?! Does he realise a numbet of his old junior mates think he’s a grade A f-wit? I guess not. He’s justifying their thoughts even if they are wrong!

We talk about coaching clean-outs, some of these players haven’t exactly wrapped themselves in glory. If this is how they love Mary, they are better off hating him.

Obviously his delusion has infected their brains.

They are about to string him up on a pole, a bit late to cry as they lift him upwards!

To use the same old play book to save Mary shows the creative juices aren’t exactly flowing these days.

I’m waiting for the origin excuse. It’s coming for sure.

The stench of Mary hangs heavily in the air.

Last edited:

The side he “always wanted” gave him his worst result by far.

You couldnt write a more tragic, hopeless, misguided, stupid and pathetic script.

Not one of his finer moments that particular broken promise.

You get a lot of broken promises down there.

We get them too, but not as profound, except when Madge suggested we were top 4 material. Not his finest moment either lol

These coaches and their promises....!

Latest posts