What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

I just want to know when the sharks are gonna announce Mary and Price as Fitzgibbons assistants

Yeah he’s going to slither and slime his way back into a senior coaching role somewhere.

7.5 years at the most senior coaching club level in the whole world and he reckons his coaching career has “just begun.”

It’s this “ Rookies again” nonsense he learned on his overseas junket after the catastrophe of 2019.

It’s frightening that he takes this mumbo jumbo seriously.

Hook just took the boys for a beer and a joke. A very different coaching ethic.

Nothing can stop Mary. Unsackable.

Last edited:
View attachment 47868

‘ I had only just started on my journey as a coach ‘

“ I actually said that ? “ Geeze didn’t 7 years just whiz by so quickly ! Not to worry , the junior Blues will be the pinnacle of my career one of the leading coaches in the game “

Lol

I’ve missed my festers.

After the nuclear Holocaust, only the cockroaches and Mary will survive.

The coach who cannot die. We are not worthy!

blacksafake

First Grade

redv13

Bench
He & the club should have handled it better than they did. He was the one in the press talking about it & saying JDB will remain part of the squad.
As for Widdop who knows, maybe he was fed up with the way it was handled.
Luckily he’s now no longer involved.
Standard McGregor, zero accountability on his behalf and lets blame everything else but himself. Absolute flog of a person. Take your millions and f**k off!!!

BLM01

First Grade
He & the club should have handled it better than they did. He was the one in the press talking about it & saying JDB will remain part of the squad.
As for Widdop who knows, maybe he was fed up with the way it was handled.
Luckily he’s now no longer involved.
Yes.. why ask for his opinion anyway.
But since he gave it all of sudden he knows now that Dragons are doing it the right way and the inner sanctum are enjoying it.
Mary is right..there is no textbook to handle JDB scenario but that was Mary's problem, too much head down reading a textbook and stats to try and act and speak like a coach, applying no commonsense or opening his eyes to what was happening.

It was not Widdop leaving that broke us...we were well and truly cracking before that but
I think your knee jerk reaction in ordering Millward to get Norman while we still had Widdop / Hunt for 1 year (yes Gaz got injured but that was not known then) in lieu of giving an opportunity to someone below trying to fit 3 into 2 was the blunderstroke of the decade.
Oh Danny..you are a fan and ask the soft questions when he opens himself up for critique

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Geez when I saw this thread come to the top of the forum I thought don't tell me he's already been sacked from the u19's job. Never mind the genius will no doubt find a way to throw Freddie under the bus soon enough.

As for Widdop, he was gone well and truly before even announcing he was, however, as captain, there was some responsibility around that. You could see in the pressers during the season that he was no fan of Mc85. He also said he would stay until a 'suitable replacement was found'.
Enter Norman exit Widdop.

That was my take on it.

Gareth67

First Grade
Lol

I’ve missed my festers.

After the nuclear Holocaust, only the cockroaches and Mary will survive.

The coach who cannot die. We are not worthy!

:relaxed:

On a more serious note my friend , I notice that your avatar has the ugly mug of the younger Hastings , surely you could had gone better and put his old man Horrie there instead ?

:relaxed:

On a more serious note my friend , I notice that your avatar has the ugly mug of the younger Hastings , surely you could had gone better and put his old man Horrie there instead ?

When you’re coming equal last Gareth, you don’t care what your avatar looks like.

It was between Hastings and the elephant man and I went for shock value.

Work is taking us to the sgi v tigers game for an excursion later in the year lol. It will turn into a brawl I reckon! Anyway, that’s a thoughtful gesture.

Gareth67

First Grade
When you’re coming equal last Gareth, you don’t care what your avatar looks like.

It was between Hastings and the elephant man and I went for shock value.

Work is taking us to the sgi v tigers game for an excursion later in the year lol. It will turn into a brawl I reckon! Anyway, that’s a thoughtful gesture.

:joy: You went for shock value between Hastings and the Elephant man and chose Hastings ? Good lawd man , you really know how to insult someone !

:joy: You went for shock value between Hastings and the Elephant man and chose Hastings ? Good lawd man , you really know how to insult someone !

It’s even more amusing that he’s the messiah at the moment. The club captain has been ordered to change lockers for him and we have a limo waiting at the airport in case he arrives a season or so early.

We are all pretty thrilled actually. He’s our Widdop.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s even more amusing that he’s the messiah at the moment. The club captain has been ordered to change lockers for him and we have a limo waiting at the airport in case he arrives a season or so early.

We are all pretty thrilled actually. He’s our Widdop.

A lovely shiny limo for the messiah’s arrival , now that is what I call class !

I came close to one of those things a number of years back , mistook it for a hearse and refused to get in the damn thing , thought that the family were trying to push me into an early grave . You can’t be too careful when you have your pension cheques lying all around the house . :relaxed:

By the way Silverdale , what’s this I hear about some Blues coach being the dark horse for McGuire’s job , his name begins with a ‘ M ‘ ?

A lovely shiny limo for the messiah’s arrival , now that is what I call class !

I came close to one of those things a number of years back , mistook it for a hearse and refused to get in the damn thing , thought that the family were trying to push me into an early grave . You can’t be too careful when you have your pension cheques lying all around the house . :relaxed:

By the way Silverdale , what’s this I hear about some Blues coach being the dark horse for McGuire’s job , his name begins with a ‘ M ‘ ?

You and I both know that if McFester so much as even thinks about Madge’s job, he’s bound to land it, get a pay rise and 8 years.

That’s just how this miserable life works.

8BF67F99-0065-437C-8761-443572EE5A63.jpeg
Then we can just get lu admin to move the sack Mary thread to Tigers lu.

No one will know the difference!

matPORTS

Juniors
Well, there goes the Blues junior pathways !

For a minute I was hoping that Sam Walker would be eligible for NSW U19s (so he could have the good footy coached out of him), but nope all good (at least for young Sam and the Roosters), he's a Queenslander.

Latest posts