What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Red V for life

Juniors
Sigh....just f@cking SIGH.

How shitty does it feel to have given up hope for 2017 before 2016 has even concluded?

It seems the best we can hope for is Mary being purely a puppet with someone else pulling the strings. Perhaps if performances are woeful to start 2017 they'll punt him.

If not, I hope Mary asks Santa for an NRL playbook for Xmas...and a thesaurus so we don't hear exactly the same crap next year.

wayne57

Juniors
Not the news I was expecting, it is a Very Dark Day for all Dragons supporters today with that announcement that Mcgregor will be coach for 2017.

I am to angry and shattered at this moment to even think, I can not see me following the NRL next year, after 53 years of following the Mighty Dragons this news is like a knife in the heart to us all and I dare say to the Dragons future as a club

Coffs dragon

Bench
I feel like throwing up and I'm so over the bullshit and spin covering their arses. If they lose JD or not promote him and they keep Young $ Hornby as guide dogs to Mary...then I'm friggin Done.

An embarrassing decision by an incompetent Board, not totally unexpected.

Love the club, but will struggle to follow its fortunes closely next season.

It appears that those who are not football club members need to takes steps to join.

We need to stack the numbers and remove these incompetent self interested arse wipes from controlling the club.

Without question a very dark day and a clear message from management to its supporters.

We don't care what you think.

Will be calling the RSPCA tomorrow to see if we can recruit some seeing eye dogs for the Board.

They are a disgrace.

since77

Juniors
Exact same thing they did with the infamous Price end of season review.
Appalled at how any group running a business can be so mind numbingly stupid.

thebigredv

First Grade
Noting a number of factors that contributed to the team’s performance and results in 2016, the Board of Directors believe Paul McGregor has a positive future as an NRL Coach and is the Dragons Head Coach, in 2017.

Speechless. I guess this is goodbye...

since77

Juniors
I'd love to see this list of factors the contributed to results in 2016, I need a laugh after today's news.

Yassdragon67

Juniors
Feeling absolutely numb. Was optimistic (in hindsight blindly) that the board would grow a set, sack Mary, and either sign Cleary or promote JD.
Now what? Cleary will be signed elsewhere and JD will surely be snapped by a rival board that recognises talent and that is not so ignorant and stubborn as our pack of dickheads.
As badly as we have struggled to recruit, it will now get worse.

Mr Red

First Grade
Let's stick with the same coach, regardless of what the committee thinks.
And bring in a reserve grade hooker from the rabbits
And still no clear strategy regarding our half back.

The committee has their work cut out for them....

All of a sudden Todd carney looks a positive ..... Sad times indeed.

PerthDragon

Juniors
How ordinary has our club become. Appalling decisions all round and can only hope that we don't loose JD in all of this (as was posted earlier) and become an even bigger joke then we are now with Super Coach.and his sidekicks

Well they wont be getting my membership this year, that's for sure.

So to all out there, lets start by hitting the club where it hurts, which will justify paying Mary out against the losses by membership/merchandise drop in sales

They are obviously arrogant men who run our club and $$$ is the only thing for them.

Starve them $$$

Don't Renew !!

Rant Over ........Sad day for the Saints

thebigredv

First Grade
How ordinary has our club become. Appalling decisions all round and can only hope that we don't loose JD in all of this (as was posted earlier) and become an even bigger joke then we are now with Super Coach.and his sidekicks

So to all out there, lets start by hitting the club where it hurts, which will justify paying Mary out against the losses by membership/merchandise drop in sales

They are obviously arrogant men who run our club and $$$ is the only thing for them.

Starve them $$$

Don't Renew !!

When round 1 rolls around there will be renewed hope amongst fans for no good reason, just like there has been the last 5 years. About 3 rounds in those supporters paying for memberships and merch will be asking for Mary's head again. I am no fool. Another wasted year ahead...

FlameThrower

Bench

Starve them $$$

Don't Renew !!

I think the vast majority on here are in same boat...what a joke of a Club we have become, so no membership and guess what won't bother switching Foxtel sports package as well...stuff this for a joke...

FlameThrower

Bench
When round 1 rolls around there will be renewed hope amongst fans for no good reason, just like there has been the last 5 years. About 3 rounds in those supporters paying for memberships and merch will be asking for Mary's head again. I am no fool. Another wasted year ahead...
I hear you....no renewal...no merchandise...
The coach is responsible for the attack and game plan...we have no attack and no game plan....and who is that Coach again....a guy called Mary.....that about says it all..

wayne57

Juniors
They timed that right didn't they, the night of the Dally Ms and Grand Final week.

The only thing I take away from the review is, we the Dragons supporters do not matter in the least and we can state the obvious, such a incompetent coach is the main reason for lack onfield of success but in the end we are completely helpless and powerless to make any difference with a board that more or less with this announcement has said f**k all you Dragon supporters we don't give a shit what you think, we will tell you a load of BS, swallow it or don't we do not give a f**k.

thebigredv

First Grade
They timed that right didn't they

When did the fans all of a sudden become a commodity to be played and toyed with like we currently are? Absolute disrespect from our club. I thought we could be free from the torment for a little while with the GF, and then they release more dribble that spells no hope in sight for poor, beleaguered fans.

Latest posts