What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What’s Kristian Wolf ever done and why is everyone jacking off over him being the next big thing?
The Polynesian lads love him so he gets a lot of headlines out of that

just watched Tim Sheens on NRL360, he was very impressive, and the Tigers fans should get some confidence out of what’s going on there

Penrose_11

Juniors
Woolf might be the next best thing since sliced bread seeing as he’s won in the Super League and coached an international team to peak performance but….. Bluey McC says hello

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Brown on 360 speaking highly of George and Robinson

He sat down with his family 5-6 weeks ago and his wife told him that his 2 oldest daughters weren’t prepared to move to NZ and the youngest wanted to stay with her sisters, his son was prepared to go anywhere. He said that would mean the end of his coaching career but they didn’t budge

He held onto the news hoping for a couple of wins before he broke it to the owners but they were seeming further away so he had to bite the bullet and expected what would come from it

Feels like he has left the next coach a better position than when he entered the job.

Club set back a bit with what Kearney and Brian Smith put in place with junior academy and having an SG Ball team being abandoned due to Covid

Announced his head coaching days are over now and he is moving into a different field in rugby league

Penrose_11

Juniors
TBH Woolf could probably be the answer we seek. Personally no matter who we get I really hope we invest fully in our NZ youth and development programs. We could do worse than employ a John Auckland or someone similar who knows how to develop young players to pick the bones out of what we have in NZ and bring them through the program. I’m not happy to lose games but to do it with average Aussie players instead of Kiwis just fks me off more than anything. The amount of Kiwi players we’ve passed up or moved on in the last 2-3 yrs is more than disheartening

My mind set is pretty much who gives a f**k anymore. Seriously we have been the laughing stock of the NRL for years and most of us dont want to admit that. We chew through the coaches and the players are not really held accountable.

Ive given 27 years of constant, mighty and heartened support, gave my all for the reserve grade in going to all their games and doing the match reports, went out and supported the Jersey Flegg (21s) and SG (19s) before covid hit but am at the point now where im heavily involved in Junior footy here in Sydney thats my passion now and im absolutley loving it. My passion was supporting the Warriors, buying the merchandise etc etc but always seem to be continually kicked in the nuts like all of us bye the inept and not thought through decisions makers.

If the club were to fold tomorrow id probably reminise for about 1 and half minutes then move on.

Thats how pissed i am

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Woolf might be the next best thing since sliced bread seeing as he’s won in the Super League and coached an international team to peak performance but….. Bluey McC says hello
I know its hindsight now but there were clear warnings with Bluey that were ignored. I remember someone posting that the side he'd won with in the ESL had basically coached itself, and that word had got out that he really contributed 2/10th of SFA.

jaseg

Juniors
What’s Kristian Wolf ever done and why is everyone jacking off over him being the next big thing?

Long ascent up the ranks from local Townsville footy coaching. Hasn't *won* much actual silverware (until going to the UK), but has won a lot of games.

From 20s up:
* Was Cowboys 20s coach '09-'11 (last season was when we beat them in the final)
* Broncos NRL assistant
* Blackhawks (Qcup team aligned with the Cowboys) coach for their first 4 seasons, made finals every year - mostly top 3 finishes, but only got to 1 final and lost it
(side note - Cowboys had quite a staff looking back at their premiership year in '15... Green as head coach, Demetriou, Cartwright, Furner & Payten as assistants, Woolf in Qcup)
* Assistant under Brown at Newcastle
* Current head coach at St Helens, won the SL both years there so far and currently 2 wins clear top of the table this season - though highly worth noting that St Helens challenge every year and won the year before he arrived
* Led the Tongan revolution, which is probably the most interesting thing for us...

Flanagan should be the top target if we can get him - and give him carte blanche to fire/hire whoever the f**k he wants, no old boys club forced on him. Minus the freedom to bring in guys like Dank, of course...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Woolf is who I wanted when we ended up hiring Brown. And no it has nothing to do with Tonga or the ESL - the Bluey comparisons are just lazy.

I think Flanno is fools gold.

shiznit

Coach
Would any one want to work with the Alpha Male though
Mate…. I remember when I was about 17-18yrs old sparring my old man who was in his mid 40’s…

I was popping my jab off and landing a few right hands behind it which was marking him up…

I then started playfully taunting him… telling him how there’s a new alpha in the family…

literally 10seconds later he crumpled me over with a body shot and told me while I was on the ground that “Only Beta’s call themselves Alpha’s”.. 😂😂

I plan on using that same saying on my own sons… minus the child abuse… 😂😂

but seriously… I can tell you right now if Campo walked into Robinson’s house and slapped his wife on the arse and told her he has his steak medium old Robbo won’t be doing shit…

Leber

Bench
The thing that Woolf has going in his favour is his ability to install culture. He managed to do that with Tonga and they were successful. Installing pride in our jersey is something we need.... badly.

His super league record was great, but then again, so have so many others.

I still think it's him or Flanno for mine. Ciraldo already said he wasn't interested.

Latest posts