What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

nswarrior

Juniors
Actually while I'm thinking along these lines, if we have to sign shitheads, can the next one be Shane Flanagan? Whenever he's allowed to be a head coach again, that is. Could be waiting until the end of Brown's contract...
Shane Flanagan is surely the best that maybe available - when can he coach again

nswarrior

Juniors
Way too soon
We players made the mistakes etc

here are some things the coach did and has been doing that made it harder for us to win against the Sharks

- BMM is not a prop replacement when our props come off - we list all momentum when AFB and lodge came off - Afoa needed to come on

- we need Taniela on the bench to given Egan a break at some stage in the game

- we had some great individual performances but not playing as a team

Rich102

Staff member
I would rather the heading of the thread was " Replace Nathan Brown."
I am sure he is doing his best.
Just, like the team, he isn't very good.
Don't they practice catching the ball anymore?
He has a better squad than last year (including Reece Walsh), he has got rid of "dead wood" (though arguably the better attackers.), brought in players he thinks are better and we are sitting in 13th place.
I look at the 3 wise men in the coach's box and I know none of them would inspire me.
I know we don't need another change of coach but I really think if he stays we are still going to be in the same position next year, and the year after, and the year after.
We don't have a good record with coaches, how long is it going to continue?

Blair

Coach
RTS try was well constructed, I was quite shocked.
I thought the same, it was a thing of beauty. Roger in an unpredictable attacking position close to the line, how dangerous for opposition defences!

The win was on at that stage, until Murchie got his hands 'on' the ball, twice. The team dropsies continued after that too, of course.

It was damp, it was cold. Cronulla dropped a couple as well.

Lats13

Juniors
Really disappointing game all round. Both teams played like mud. Difference was one team had halves having a go. Warriors had one half having a go and one that seems to not wanna be there. If I was looking for a new contract with the warriors or another team I'd be playing my ass off to increase my value.

Rich102

Staff member
Really disappointing game all round. Both teams played like mud. Difference was one team had halves having a go. Warriors had one half having a go and one that seems to not wanna be there. If I was looking for a new contract with the warriors or another team I'd be playing my ass off to increase my value.
Haven't we just re-signed him?

Lats13

Juniors
Sry mate must of missed that news. Last I heard he was looking to stay on in oz.if we did I hope we didn't pay overs. Then again what's a contract worth these days?

JJ

Immortal
That's terribly sad...

I like Brown, always have - sadly he's just proving to not be a good coach at this level - but equally sadly many Warriors players continue to prove they're not good players at this level - one good performance in 5, or some spectacular hit ups just aren't it, and never have been... disappointing that the example set by RTS and Tohu is invisible to so many, whereas in the past Price/Wiki, Campion et al were followed...

Rich102

Staff member
"I like Brown, always have - sadly he's just proving to not be a good coach at this level"

Same could be said for most of our coaches.
Maybe the fault lies, not with the coaches, but with our inexperienced management who select them.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
"I like Brown, always have - sadly he's just proving to not be a good coach at this level"

Same could be said for most of our coaches.
Maybe the fault lies, not with the coaches, but with our inexperienced management who select them.
And they usually trumpet whatever bum they’ve hired as some hybrid of Bellamy/Gould/Bennett…. The Elliott announcement especially was epic, in a David Brent kind of way…

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We've lost six on the trot. Add seven this weekend and we're in Bluey territory.
Brown didn’t inherit a grand final team to be fair on him. and he certainly didn’t injure four players in a half of football last week. As shitty as this current streak is, it’s been far less of the coach/team’s making than many previous bad runs have.

JJ

Immortal
The thing for me is like with Kearney I see little evidence of a style or structure that will threaten the top of the table… that’s coaching and halves I guess

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The thing for me is like with Kearney I see little evidence of a style or structure that will threaten the top of the table… that’s coaching and halves I guess
I’ll give Brown until we actually have a run of games with a decent halves combo (ie not CHT/Kodi) and see what it produces. A month or so of SJ with one of those two should be give us a better idea of what he’s got.

Latest posts