What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

jaseg

Juniors
Most of those were when he was defending in line. You want to see him do more of that?

Personally I'd rather see him defend where we saw him make his only really significant defensive play of the game... behind the line.

JJ

Immortal
Personally, while he's still a Warrior, I'd rather see RTS at fullback...

That's no knock on Walsh...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sort of like he got destroyed defending at fullback on Saturday?

I didn’t see the game on Saturday, but put him in the frontline he will see a lot of Fifita, NAS etc. when we played at Brookie as soon as he came on Tom absolutely carved him, he isn’t the Lone Ranger in that club though

Benek

Juniors
Well news is just out that RTS is released early and returning to NZ. So that puts to bed the question of putting him back to fullback.

JJ

Immortal
just saw that, not the way his career with us should end :(

We're so f**ked

Benek

Juniors
The dogs game is probably the only game we have a chance of winning for the rest of the season, and even that will be a huge challenge. f**ked indeed.

Looks like Bellamy is going to sign long term with the Storm.
Coaching for as long as he likes then moving into football director roll

nswarrior

Juniors
Personally for me we had a better than expected squad but the coaching was poor

I know we have to give Brown atleast half a season next year but we don’t have the basics right, the coaching looks poor and the team is disorganised as a result

his assistants consist of his best mate and another incompetent defensive coach

SACK BROWN!!!

Benek

Juniors
Yeah given the number of injuries we've dealt with, we gotta give Brown more time. Only the Roosters and their unlimited depth could have handled our disruptive season much better. There are little signs of nice combinations forming.

JJ

Immortal
clearly they won't sack him, and he's not Kearney level awful... but one might take a closer look at what he did at Newcastle, this notion that he developed something is quite the myth

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Do you remember how bad the Knights were when he got them? They were Brisbane Broncos 2020 level bad.

Taking a club from a spoon contender to a top 8 contender is nothing to be sneezed at. I don't think anyone has really argued that he is a premiership winning coach but he has a specific set of skills that probably benefit us greatly. If he can do that for us then he has succeeded imo.

Warriors just need to make sure that they give him a chance, once he has built the squad he wants, to try and turn them into a premiership contender. And we need to make sure that IF or WHEN its clear that he cant take that next step, they get the next appointment correct.

Tongue

Juniors
I think hes good for another year. With Daddy O'Sullivan doing the recruiting, Brown doesnt have many excuses next year. Its a pretty solid squad, which will be added to.

Pretty interesting League show the other night with Halligan interviewing Peter O'Sullivan.
He reckons (similar to Gould) that it takes 5 years to get the squad you need to push for a title.
This is O'Sullivans third year? Albeit heavily interrupted by Covid with limited preparations for the reserves squad too.
2022, 2023 will be the benchmark years based on what he has said in terms of piecing a squad together that will threaten the finals.

JJ

Immortal
Do you remember how bad the Knights were when he got them? They were Brisbane Broncos 2020 level bad.

Taking a club from a spoon contender to a top 8 contender is nothing to be sneezed at. I don't think anyone has really argued that he is a premiership winning coach but he has a specific set of skills that probably benefit us greatly. If he can do that for us then he has succeeded imo.

Warriors just need to make sure that they give him a chance, once he has built the squad he wants, to try and turn them into a premiership contender. And we need to make sure that IF or WHEN its clear that he cant take that next step, they get the next appointment correct.
The narrative is he did development work - when the reality is few of their juniors developed, he bought heavily - Pearce, Klemmer, Guerra, Ponga, Mann, Watson pretty much any Roosters cast off they could find - I've forgotten some - the development of juniors didn't really happen - again, I don't think he should be sacked, and hope he's the right guy - but he joins a long time of mediocrity or worse post-Cleary

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I reckon he’s doing alright. Look at the players on the field and ask yourself how many are playing up to their reputations, or have improved under Brown? How many are underperforming?
I’d argue that that pretty much nobody who was ever any good in the first place is stinking it up. The guys with reputations like AFB are showing their worth, and players like Jazz, Curran, Hiku and Aitken are much improved or playing to potential. Once we get Tohu, SJ, and others on board we’ll be looking pretty solid.

waipiro

Juniors
I mean, the guy hasn't had much opportunity to pick the same team every week. I really think that's tough to hang it on him. The only criticism I'd have yesterday is that Haas got way too many opportunities to roam without enough attention on him
Yeah I agree he has gone alright for the first year given the injuries. I like how he didn't take loan players late in the piece but gave young guys some games.....something Kearny never did even when we were playing dead rubbers.
I think with the team we have available right now there's a difference between having a plan and actioning it. SOS is the perfect example, seems to have a really good footy brain but doesn't have the skills to follow through consistently