What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Option out of left field... What about someone like David Kidwell? Has had a decent apprenticeship with Melbourne and the storm. Both with decent results.

But lets face it... Brown will sadly get a free pass for a while yet.
Haha whoa, how did we arrive here? Holy hecka.

The guy who lost to Fiji and didn't beat Scotland in the space of a year or whatever it was....

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

"I came to win the World Cup, that's my mentality," Kidwell told the Argentinian media on Monday night at a press conference via Zoom with Cheika and newly appointed backs coach Felipe Contepomi.

😂 Hope they don't have Google in Argentina.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I mean, we just can't sack Nathan Brown. We have to get our ducks in a row to try and get a decent coach for a couple of years time, and make do in the mean time. No one's coming at the end of this year on a white horse to save us.

I don't even know who we'd want that in two years guy to be. Suggestions welcomed. I hope Mr Mohawk has got a few ideas

Rich102

Staff member
You mean Mr Mohawk that signed Brown and SJ and announced it to the world as a masterstroke?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I mean, we just can't sack Nathan Brown. We have to get our ducks in a row to try and get a decent coach for a couple of years time, and make do in the mean time. No one's coming at the end of this year on a white horse to save us.

I don't even know who we'd want that in two years guy to be. Suggestions welcomed. I hope Mr Mohawk has got a few ideas

If he doesn’t end up with the Dogs, I’d be doing all I could to get Flanagan very interested in the job at the end of the year before he gets snapped up somewhere else

Premiership winning coach, and it wasn’t handed to him, he built that Sharks squad up from a pretty low ebb to consistent contenders after Ricky left them and is highly respected

Rich102

Staff member
If he doesn’t end up with the Dogs, I’d be doing all I could to get Flanagan very interested in the job at the end of the year before he gets snapped up somewhere else

Premiership winning coach, and it wasn’t handed to him, he built that Sharks squad up from a pretty low ebb to consistent contenders after Ricky left them and is highly respected
Has a 55% record with the Sharks.

JJ

Immortal

Wonder if Ricky will be available soon lol...

I'd also consider the dream team of Raeline and Dessie

Seibold worth a look? Brennan? Ciraldo? (Fitzgbbon would have been good)

Flanno is the one that's shown the most, I'd want him - Dogs are also looking at Potter?

JJ

Immortal
It's funny how there's all this, "we can't just keep changing coaches, need stability" talk... Even Hansen saying Dogs made the wrong decision - funnily enough the ABs coach has the best talent in the world at that sport to work with, and long-term coaches in the NRL generally have, or have built a string culture and talent base... Until you find that person, why would you want stability in poor performance, Brown had talent at the Dragons, but couldn't get it done (was too young perhaps), inherited a mess at the Knights and despite the popular rhetoric didn't really leave it much better (and bought improvement rather than developed talent), and like Bluey did well in the UK so who cares...

Ideally we need a Bennett, Gould, Robinson, Bellamy type - funnily two of those names have been associated with us... next tier is Flanagan or Cleary - had one of those, and he'd be insane to leave where he is now...

Throw the house at Flanagan (should have done similar with Adam Reynolds rather than Johnson)

Built them up with special vitamin injections and salary cap breaches in a few years, magically not in their premiership year.
We could get the father/son combination as well.

Blair

Coach
Irrelevent now.

He's off to Argentina.
What a great job, he'll love it. I'm serious, no sarcasm. Apart from that rough run coaching the Kiwis he's had a good career, on and off the field. Not bad for a boy from Hornby.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Kodi and Lodge leave mid season. CHT doesn’t enjoy his footy anymore. Coach can’t be creating a quality work place.
Last year we lose 4-5 half backs/ outside backs who are all pretty much playing 1st grade with other clubs. Brown can’t coach the replacement players upto NRL standard to fill those spots. Coach has got to go. We’re rotting from the inside out.
The old ‘coach isn’t missing the tackle or dropping the ball’ defence doesn’t cut it when it’s happening time and time again, week after week.

I’m still the fool that’ll keep watching but only because I want to see either A: We turn our game on its head and play a quality 80 minutes or B: Brown resigns effective immediately during his post match presser

Latest posts