What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If they put my man in charge years ago the world would be a better place, but na, they hire Brown and f**king Kearney.

Stacey is the man.

It is too early in the day to be pissed off.

grumble, grumble.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I reckon Stacey would be one of the boys. Not basing that on anything, but I can't see him being someone who is able to distance himself and make the hard calls when required.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I reckon Stacey would be one of the boys. Not basing that on anything, but I can't see him being someone who is able to distance himself and make the hard calls when required.
Stacey delivers the news, Ruben is behind him nodding, must I think of everything.

f**king Kearney then Brown, and any fargwit.

I die a little thinking about it.

I cheer myself up

Stacey_jones_Photosport.jpg

RubenWiki_StaceyJones_1120_Photosport.jpg

Scott

Bench
Mate they need to throw the kitchen sink at Flanagan
After listening to him in commentary throughout the season & then on the most recent Fox League podcast, i agree 100%. Flanagan is by far the best coach that is currently out of work. He is well connected. Most importantly, he know what success looks like & will not accept the current mediocrity. I would urge Robinson to bite the bullet & get him now, before the Bulldogs or anyone else does.

Benek

Juniors
I agree about Flanno. The only available coach worth going for. I would support pushing Brown out if we secure Flanagan. But don't support axing him without a proven coach already lined up to replace him.

Bulldogs will probably get him and then we're left with no great options for a replacement.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Of course there's always the chance that Flanno simply doesn't want to move to Auckland, or that both us and the Dogs will throw the house at him as well and he'll take the option that only involves driving a few suburbs across Southern Sydney. This is the sad reality for the Warriors, probably even more so with coaches than players. Other than Monie (who had been in the UK immediately previously anyway) we have NEVER attracted a top line Australian coach, given that both Ando and Cleary were unproven at the time they came to us.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I'm going to die on the Walker Brothers hill.

We will never be a grinding football team, it just doesn't work. Give these guys a 2 year contract to show what they can do. Let them unlock some flair in the team. We look scared to play footy and make errors.

We have tried the shittest coaches ever (Kearney, Brown, Bluey, Kemp etc), why not give these guys a go? Might be an attraction for players to come and play in a "instinct" system rather than fully sttructured.

I don't know, I just wanna enjoy watching us play again. Its been like 10 years

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

We will never be a grinding football team, it just doesn't work. Give these guys a 2 year contract to show what they can do. Let them unlock some flair in the team. We look scared to play footy and make errors.

We have tried the shittest coaches ever (Kearney, Brown, Bluey, Kemp etc), why not give these guys a go? Might be an attraction for players to come and play in a "instinct" system rather than fully sttructured.

At this point I think it's worth a crack unless we get a proven winner. I'd rather take a risk than play it safe with proven mediocrity.

Benek

Juniors
It's just that the NRL is a different beast compared to RL anywhere else, and that's why coaching success elsewhere doesn't always translate. The season *is* a grind. Unstructured flair will work sometimes but consistency is what wins premierships.

Who's that English fullback who we had for a few years but turned out to be just average? It's because over there you don't have to be at your best every game. Half the season you can just coast and still win against the poor teams.

The NRL, despite getting a larger gulf between the best and worst teams, doesn't allow coasting and doesn't often allow you to win when playing well below your best (just ask the Storm over the past 2 weeks).

I'm not convinced the Walker brothers would make NRL coaches, and nobody else seems to either otherwise they probably would be already.

IMO, you have to know how to win the grind before earning the freedom to play off the cuff.

Scott

Bench

My understanding is they last coached in 2018. Might be wrong there, but I thought that was when they left Ipswich.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Somethings gotta change.

I feel for the Warriors, being stranded in Australia due to COVID, not able to play at Mt Smart.
Now the return is fully on, and we're seeing players (and not our worst ones) leave because they don't want to move to Auckland....why sign for an Auckland based club, knowing at some stage, we'd return?!

I feel the rookies brought through, by in large recently have been dissappointing.

Our backline (minus Walsh and DWZ) would struggle to get in anywhere else.

Our halves are a mess.... SJ hasn't really lit a fire yet, CHT doesn't want to be playing, Asi and Volkman lack experinece.

We have named Tevaga as a prop this week!

Aitkin still won't play as a centre.

We've been losing almost twice as much as we've won.

We've lost our 2 best forwards (one released, one long term injured) so I can't see how things are going to improve

We may end up in Wooden Spoon territory if we're not careful

It just feels like we're a club in turmoil at the moment, it's incredibly hard to get excited about this season at all!

JJ

Immortal
At this point I think it's worth a crack unless we get a proven winner. I'd rather take a risk than play it safe with proven mediocrity.
Guess it depends on exactly what a proven winner is? Flanno and Green have both won premierships, Madge too is he's available at some point... Seibold went well at one club, shithouse at another...

I guess Flanagan (controversy aside) built something - although plenty of talent (Gallen, Lewis, Graham, Fifita, a promising Bird and Holmes, Barba and Maloney) and got plenty from journeymen Heighnington, Prior, Tagatese, Beale, Bukuya etc - he's defo the pick

But we'll never get our pick, just astonished they eventually sack hopeless coaches and then replace them with someone equally as bad...

jaseg

Juniors
Flano has stated a preference for the Dogs.

Of course he has.

a) It's in Sydney and b) his son is at the club already.

He's all theirs if they want him, and they'd probably be silly not to make that move.

It's a similar situation to Des Hasler a few years back now... the timing wasn't 'good' for us, but we needed to be ruthless and make a quick move to have any shot. We didn't. It's tough, but there you have it. No guarantee he would've come (or Flanagan, for that matter), but we didn't even try - and we haven't even tried in this case, either.

Latest posts