What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

Leber

Bench
Id love flanno, but I doubt we would get him.

Ciraldo wouldn't be a bad option.Nor would Kristian Woolfe from St Helens. But, just like the good players, good coaches don't want to come here.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
OK, so Flanagan ain't going to happen.

Good coaches may not want to come here, but at some stage - as we had with Payten and unfortunately he went home, and we had with Cleary and unfortunately we f**ked that up - we have to find an up-and-comer who has the right stuff.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
FWIW, the old drunk Rothfield had a chat with Nathan Brown yesterday, and said that it wasn’t the normal Nathan Brown and his voice sounded like he is under serious pressure

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
One possibility I'd look at if I was the club would be to poach a head coach from NZ Rugby. Pair him with an existing League assistant for the code specific stuff, but they'd bring a commitment to professionalism and excellence that we can't seem to nail.

Tongue

Juniors
One possibility I'd look at if I was the club would be to poach a head coach from NZ Rugby. Pair him with an existing League assistant for the code specific stuff, but they'd bring a commitment to professionalism and excellence that we can't seem to nail.
Maybe Steve Hansen can share some learnings around the current success of the Bulldogs?

JJ

Immortal
Given recent events, I am very happy having Brown sacked - but I do think that everyone from George down should be made to walk the plank... on field, there's not that many I'd want to keep either

Rich102

Staff member
That might work plus it may open doors to second-tier rugby players.
Keep Mohawk out of it though.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, I'm starting to come around to this sort of idea.

Matua

Bench
Poor Razor Robertson would never breakdance again if he was put in charge of this rabble.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Seriously I’m starting to think Robinson is worse than Watson was. Watson was a tight fisted egotistical prick but he largely delegated everything and stayed out of football operations. Robinson is an egotistical prick who wants to involve himself at every opportunity, the only thing he (possibly) has going for him is a willingness to get his wallet out.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Seriously I’m starting to think Robinson is worse than Watson was. Watson was a tight fisted egotistical prick but he largely delegated everything and stayed out of football operations. Robinson is an egotistical prick who wants to involve himself at every opportunity, the only thing he (possibly) has going for him is a willingness to get his wallet out.
Watson was made to look decent by a pair of good coaches, but his true colours came out from 2011 when he backed his dumb f**k mate Scurrah over Ivan, then got worse and worse from there (Bluey, the him v Owen Glenn BS, getting further over his head with his dodgy business practices elsewhere etc). OK, he wasn't a cocky parrot (at least publicly) like Robinson is, but he sure as f**k cost the club dearly. Don't let it be forgotten that the demise of this club happened under his watch, when TWICE he could have held onto Ivan, and reportedly could have had a hand in Bellamy coming in 2013.

Not true that he stayed out of football operations, from all reports. Word is that he blocked Ivan after Gould turfed him in 2015.

Blair

Coach
The wallet out will only last so long, you watch.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Knights
Manly
Panthers
Sharks
Tigers

These are our next five weeks pre the bye. We play Manly without their SOO players (and maybe Penrith??). How many wins does Nathan need to keep his job? With our current playing stocks I don’t see us winning any of them. If AFB, Curren and Egan return then maybe we could snag the Manly and Tigers games at best but even then we still need defensive patterns and an actual game plan to win games.

Penrose_11

Juniors
It’s not even like we have an up to it and suitable in-house caretaker coach to cover the rest of the season even if Nathan was given the flick

Flanigan been calling a fair few of our games on Fox. Not sure he that stupid to want it? But no Gus has to be an advantage as a seasoned coach. But living in Auckland vs Syndey not a huge draw card.