What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Plenty of Aussie players have done it in the past though, so we just have to keep finding those players. Look at Maloney, he was homesick (for Sydney/Central West NSW), but he still gave us three years.
They have always been reluctant, I guess. Maloney was obviously a back-up to Cronk and Ivan knew him from the Roosters juniors days (think that's right). He made that move for career reasons, and stayed for one contract - albeit we got a lot out of him.

The good Aussie players in the past (Luck, McKinnon, Lilyman, Fien, Webb, Villasanti, most hookers from 2000-2011) came as non-superstars but thrived in the environment. We haven't signed many established stars - Price we got at the right time, he got Tate over, Hoffman took overs near the end of his career, could say the same for Blake Green etc.

We'll still get the guys at the end of their career for overs, Kiwis or Aussies, which if they have the right attitude and are around promising youngsters is fine. Hoffman tried, Blair did not, for example. The non-stars, there's just none that come into our shitty environment and thrive anymore. Curran has, Egan has, but bugger all else. That's the issue. So many people turn us down, the ones we do get aren't thriving, and we're not developing anything.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
TBH, Brown isn't really THE problem. The club is the problem. Sack him and some other poor sap has to come into the environment and try and get success with an organisation that if you called it amateur would be an insult to amateur sporting organisations which are generally competent. It's systemically broken. Bellamy couldn't turn this club around without been given control of the governance.
No, this is 100% right. The club is systematically f**ked.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
On that note so is the Tigers- if they punt Madge do we offer him a crack?
They are - why would that be? They're just as hopeless as us in terms of long-term failure since 2011, in fact wowza they haven't made the finals since then. Surely their pathways, access to players, coaches etc is more to their advantage. That's incredibly poor.

jaseg

Juniors
I don't think Justin Morgan is terrible, in fact I wanted him over McFadden back in time. He did well with Hull KR, has been an assistant with the Kiwis, us for a long time etc. I'd be OK if he took over, not that we could do any worse.

If he's been involved in our defense over the past couple of seasons I think I'll pass. Super League success is a mixed bag anyway - Nathan Brown himself did very well over there with Huddersfield (and then St Helens). Bluey is another successful SL coach that comes to mind..

Kristian Woolf is the current guy over there doing well, and the Tongans seem to love him as their national team coach. Has a fairly long history over here coming up through the levels.

Flanagan is it for me, though I'd at least be intrigued by Woolf.

If we can't get either then f**k it, do something wildly different and see if the Walkers want it. If they were ever going to have success at this level it's with the current rules and attacking trends. Couldn't get worse than the tripe we've been watching for all but 2 of the last god knows how many years...

Then again, looking at some of the Origin stuff today/yesterday Fittler would probably fit in well here. He's f**king cooked.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If we can't get either then f**k it, do something wildly different and see if the Walkers want it. If they were ever going to have success at this level it's with the current rules and attacking trends. Couldn't get worse than the tripe we've been watching for all but 2 of the last god knows how many years...
Agreed. Geez, I'd settle for Jack Gibson via satellite link from the Pearly Gates at this stage.

Browns family living in Sydney while he in QLD.
SK tried the same with his family in Aussie while he in NZ.
Not sure if this plays in to anything?
Would Flano move the family over?

I'm going to die on the Walker Brothers hill.

We will never be a grinding football team, it just doesn't work. Give these guys a 2 year contract to show what they can do. Let them unlock some flair in the team. We look scared to play footy and make errors.

We have tried the shittest coaches ever (Kearney, Brown, Bluey, Kemp etc), why not give these guys a go? Might be an attraction for players to come and play in a "instinct" system rather than fully sttructured.

I don't know, I just wanna enjoy watching us play again. Its been like 10 years
Thw Walker boys are out of the game unfortunately mate. Neither seem to be interested in coaching any more

Blair

Coach
I was just thinking today about our abiity to attract good players to the club when my thoughts drifted to our home ground. With the Roosters and Penrith getting a flash new stadium, joining Parramatta and Townsville of late, surely Mt Smart, in its current state, is doing us no favours either?

Furthermore, older stadiums tend to deteriorate quicker if they're not used. It's been over two years now for Mt Smart, anyone know how it's looking?

Do we have the NRL's worst stadium?

Blair

Coach
Brown's likely to go, as the management will scapegoat him. They need to save face.

Latest posts