What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad future for the Tigers!

macnaz

Staff member
A Million f**king options.. Firstly a player that can touch his toes , secondly a player who can jump higher than a witches hat and thirdly if they can do a 100m under 20 seconds then we open the plethora of players who will offer more then Lolrence without spending huge money... fmd he isnt hard to replace... we have better options at the club and plenty elsewhere if we really looked hard enough..

Tiger05

First Grade
1 - Tedesco
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Lawrence (he may need to be replaced but I think he is worth a shot with Moses feeding him ball and being on the right side)
4 - Simona
5 - Richards (he needs to be replaced though with someone with speed)
6 - Moses
7 - Brooks
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Taupau
11 - Sironen (worth persisting with)
12 - Thompson
13 - Blair

14 - Seumanufagai
15 - Galloway (he is on his last legs and probably needs to be replaced). Sue could also slot in here.
16 - Akauola - interchange with Siro
17 - Austin

I'd have Lawrence in my team. I just think he is worth being given some more time. Gavet doesn't deserve another chance and I'd cut him simply because his upside doesn't make up for the downside.

I'd be looking to buy a quality left winger and another prop unless someone proves their worth in the lower grades. Lodge, Brown and maybe even Buchanan might slot into that role.

The thing is that side is not going to win the comp unless our spine kicks on and become world beaters.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
A 2015 side thats best choice centre is Lolrence is doomed, he was f**king abysmal in 2013, worse in 2014 . Fmd how shit will he be next year? STOP DEFENDING THIS LOSER.

I didn't f**king defend him.

But at least be f**king reasonable. We're nit getting rid of him & none of the others have been brought up during his shit form, so its abundantly clear he'll be in the side next year.

Don't get pissy at me. I don't pick the f**king side.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you forget Sue or just don't rate him? personally I think he has a big future.

Also I think Moses has showed that he can feed his center so would persist with Simona in the centers for the time being. Other than that can't argue to much with that.

I forgot Sue. I'd have him alongside Gavet in my list.

DanOz

Juniors
Sironen would struggle to make NSW Cup on form. Too many people blinded by his last name cant accept the kid is not first grade standard.

Pezz70

Juniors
Yeah bullshit

Which part?

We have some injuries, sure, and some great young players, but so do Canberra, you just can't make good young players great without having experienced players whose main focus is football around them.

Where we gonna get a coach worth squat? Poor old Mick has got no chance at the job next year, and the way things are going the poor bugger that takes his place will have a job for about six months.

Tiger05

First Grade
Sironen would struggle to make NSW Cup on form. Too many people blinded by his last name cant accept the kid is not first grade standard.

I don't believe this. I do think he has been ordinary this year but not terrible. Last year showed to me that he can play.

I just think we need to give him some time.

Our best centres are Simona and Nofouluma.

Need a quality winger and some experienced outside backs for depth....Mitch Brown type fringe players.

Lawrence bulk up an move to forwards.

Need a quality backrower or two.

TYGA

Juniors
We need outside backs.

* Replacement Fullback/Winger x 3: We have no cover for the injury prone Teddy and let go Koro & Big T this year. Eg: Reece Robinson, Drury Low, Sami Sauluma

*Centres x2: eg: Mahe Fonua, Beau Champion

BrotherJim05

Bench
Someone like Josh Hoffman would be gun. Even picking up Reece Robinson on the cheap would be great for our backline.

However the fact of the matter is...who is honestly going to come to our club?

Potter "We are interested in signing you for next year?"
Player "Are you going to be there next year?"
Potter "No idea mate"
Player "Hmm, maybe get that sorted and I'll consider it"

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sironen I can give some time, though he needs to play some NSW cup and he should never play 80 minutes.

Lawrence though, FFS, give him some time? He has been garbage for over two years. He is not good enough, plain and simple. How much more proof do we need?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawrence shouldn't be given any time.

But he should slim down & work on getting his speed, especially lateral speed.

It will improve him enough to make him a target for another side to buy.

weretiger

Juniors
move Lawrence to the bench he can play most positions put Austin in the centers and leave him there he will soon learn how to defend there, he can make a break pass a ball,hes not the fastest but not slow and has a go he reminds me of Jamie Lyon

Radical Rat

Juniors
1 - Tedesco
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Lawrence (he may need to be replaced but I think he is worth a shot with Moses feeding him ball and being on the right side)
4 - Simona
5 - Richards (he needs to be replaced though with someone with speed)
6 - Moses
7 - Brooks
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Taupau
11 - Sironen (worth persisting with)
12 - Thompson
13 - Blair

14 - Seumanufagai
15 - Galloway (he is on his last legs and probably needs to be replaced). Sue could also slot in here.
16 - Akauola - interchange with Siro
17 - Austin

I'd have Lawrence in my team. I just think he is worth being given some more time. Gavet doesn't deserve another chance and I'd cut him simply because his upside doesn't make up for the downside.

I'd be looking to buy a quality left winger and another prop unless someone proves their worth in the lower grades. Lodge, Brown and maybe even Buchanan might slot into that role.

The thing is that side is not going to win the comp unless our spine kicks on and become world beaters.

We can not persist with that backrow next year. They offer zero in attack and defence. None of them have any presence whatsoever.

Siro has the most potential to be that barnstorming second rower we need, obviously he isnt showing it yet. However I'd be willing to persisit with him after he's had a whole off season to learn the nuances of the position.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, you can afford to carry one of those three in the 17, but not all 3.

Sironen is worth persevering with, but this offseason he has to come along an immense way as a an out and out backrower.

And when we need a back up five-eighth, he should not be used.

As I've said before, I would have loved to see him at centre this year. it's a good transitional role to ease him into the backrow duties for next season.

But while he has bulked up nicely for a back rower, his lateral speed is almost stationary (which is still faster than Lawrence and Bodene)

Back rowers we could look at for next year (if they are still off contract)
Tim Browne
Tinirau Arona - a good defender
Tom Symonds - a good hard running player with a good offload
Sebastine Ikahihifo
David Gower

Backs we could look at for next year (if they are still off contract)
Dale Copley (can also cover wing and fullback)
Mahe Fonua
Matt Duffie
Tautau Moga

Admittedly there aren't too many decent quality backs available. Even those I picked aren't great.

But they are better than the current depth backs we have.

Definitely need better back rowers.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Yeah, you can afford to carry one of those three in the 17, but not all 3.

Sironen is worth persevering with, but this offseason he has to come along an immense way as a an out and out backrower.

And when we need a back up five-eighth, he should not be used.

As I've said before, I would have loved to see him at centre this year. it's a good transitional role to ease him into the backrow duties for next season.

But while he has bulked up nicely for a back rower, his lateral speed is almost stationary (which is still faster than Lawrence and Bodene)

Back rowers we could look at for next year (if they are still off contract)
Tim Browne
Tinirau Arona - a good defender
Tom Symonds - a good hard running player with a good offload
Sebastine Ikahihifo
David Gower

Backs we could look at for next year (if they are still off contract)
Dale Copley (can also cover wing and fullback)
Mahe Fonua
Matt Duffie
Tautau Moga

Admittedly there aren't too many decent quality backs available. Even those I picked aren't great.

But they are better than the current depth backs we have.

Definitely need better back rowers.

I would take Copley in a flash. He has played this year exactly how I would have liked Lawrence to able to.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Copley is a stand out for sure.

He'd slot in at centre, replacing Lawrence.

If we had a competent goalkicker other than Richards, then we'd be set.

Matchball

Bench
It's all great in theory but we have no space.
Lawrence is on big money next year so chance of moving him on is nil and we're stupid to leave 500+ on the bench. Best off bulk him up for backrower duties because he can defend.
It's the only way to get anything productive out of him.

Radical Rat

Juniors
It's all great in theory but we have no space.
Lawrence is on big money next year so chance of moving him on is nil and we're stupid to leave 500+ on the bench. Best off bulk him up for backrower duties because he can defend.
It's the only way to get anything productive out of him.

Yeah it's a sh!t situation but it's even more stupid playing him in first grade just for the fact that he's on big money.