What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad news

Red Bear

Referee
It seems that the end of an era has arrived. Roy and HG are leaving Triple J for Triple M after this weekend, which will mean the end of the state of origin and grand final coverage as we know it. Even if they have the commentaries they will not be the same on a commercial network, not at all. The fake adds wont work on a station with real ads etc. Been an institution in the game, from backdoor benny elias, adolf, raw bones, fizzer, the unmade bed, the president and Tommy Raw-don-neek-us(the correct greek pronounciation) to Fridge and a Freezer, the ungreatful head, deborah kerr and show us your date tate. We'll miss them

Godz Illa

Coach
A shame fo sho. The only consolation will be if they let them call Monday night football.

Tony The Penalty Puller Hearn

Charlie124

First Grade
[rant]

I must be the only person on the planet who cant stand these two idiots. I think i've generally got a good sense of humour but i have never once found anything about these guys even the slightest bit funny. Cringe worthy is a better summation of their work IMO.

I remember several years ago going around to a friends house to watch the State of Origin and some genius turned the radio on so we had to listen to their commentary instead of the proper stuff, ruined the entire atmosphere for me. Its State of Origin for f**ks sake, the hatred in the air and tension so thick you can cut it with a knife, holding your breath in every dangerous situation etc.... why would you go and ruin all that by listening to a pair of old wankers making dick jokes and laughing at themselves all night???

[/rant]

Sorry, i just take my State of Origin seriously.

OVP

Coach
Thats fair enough Charlie, most obviously prefer the real commentary, but gee its hard not love commentary like ...

Everytime John Hopoate got the ball when he played Origin (before the finger incident), Roy would literally scream at the top of lungs " TOOOOOT ! TOOOOOOOOOT !! The Train's a left the station, but there aint noone on it TOOOOOOOT !!"
:lol: :lol:

Good stuff that, I doubt it'll be the same on MMM, but i hope it is.

Eels Dude

Coach
[rant]

I must be the only person on the planet who cant stand these two idiots. I think i've generally got a good sense of humour but i have never once found anything about these guys even the slightest bit funny. Cringe worthy is a better summation of their work IMO.

I remember several years ago going around to a friends house to watch the State of Origin and some genius turned the radio on so we had to listen to their commentary instead of the proper stuff, ruined the entire atmosphere for me. Its State of Origin for f**ks sake, the hatred in the air and tension so thick you can cut it with a knife, holding your breath in every dangerous situation etc.... why would you go and ruin all that by listening to a pair of old wankers making dick jokes and laughing at themselves all night???

[/rant]

Sorry, i just take my State of Origin seriously.

I agree. They're funny obviously in general. But who the f**k actually wants to listen to them on origin night? And who the f**k is going to miss them on origin night? Obviously not proper rugby league fans.

If as mentioned, they're hosting a show between 4 and 7pm on monday nights then they shall be leading into the monday night football telecast on triple M and you complainers may get to hear them to do pre-match interviews and previews every single week.

Chachi

Bench
Ahhh, and who could forget Graeme "the Penguin" Bradley.

(Probably a lot of people to be honest)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tim Brasher 'on the bike' looks like a new Malvern Star-SOO game 2 1993

Rod Wishart-'Put the kettle on, he wont do anything'

Ben Elias-theirs the woopy cushion, there's the plastic vomit, theres the fake dog turd and real dog turd from Benny elias..my favourite all time favoutire line from the blokes-SOO game 3 1994

boris_badenov

Juniors
I wonder if triple m will be marketing Roy & HG's special steak sauce that comes in 2 flavours .... red or brown .

Dave Q

Coach
Steve the prince of darkness Mortimer.

They changed the language of the game for the better and taught us to chill out and relax a little.

The hard-core Sterlo and rabbits get a bit tiring after awhile.

They opened the door for Reg Reagan, Sirro et al and there will be more to come.

A sport that cant laugh at itself sometimes, well, its not a sport I want to follow.

Red Bear

Referee
I agree. They're funny obviously in general. But who the f**k actually wants to listen to them on origin night? And who the f**k is going to miss them on origin night? Obviously not proper rugby league fans.

If as mentioned, they're hosting a show between 4 and 7pm on monday nights then they shall be leading into the monday night football telecast on triple M and you complainers may get to hear them to do pre-match interviews and previews every single week.
:lol:Lighten up a bit. i consider myself a proper rugby league fan but i sure as hell will miss them

The humour is such a great satire of the whole commentary cliches, HG being the colour commentator and Roy the expert, retired great, done bloody well IMO.

Azkatro

First Grade
You'll probably notice the mainstream commentators have gradually lightened up over the years, no doubt due to the influence of the likes of Roy and HG.

Latest posts