What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad news

ozenzud

Juniors
"Roy, you've played in a grand final, you've coached a grand final winning side, what did you say to the Canberra Players at half time."
"Well HG, I said, I want you all, to take down your shorts, and your underpants, AND HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT YOURSELVES.....and they did"
1989 Grand Final Call.

Paullyboy

Coach
You must be the only one.

If you are a proper rugby league fan, by now you would think State of Origin has become a complete fraud, gets in the way of proper rugby league and is only around to please Qlders and accountants. :p

Your first comment gave away you were a southern-bitch, it was nice for you to confirm it with your second one though.

Can one of you knowledgeable punters put together the SOO sides and their nicknames for all the players, I think it would be good to see.

Thanks

Bubbles

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You'll probably notice the mainstream commentators have gradually lightened up over the years, no doubt due to the influence of the likes of Roy and HG.
That's a good point. Others have tried to copy.

I recall that Roy & HG's TV show went to a commercial network for a while. I'm sure it paid well enough and good luck to them.

I don't know the length of their contract at MMM, but it wouldn't surprise if they went back to JJJ after making a quid.

Paullyboy

Coach
They've left the J's before if memory serves me correctly and as Willow said, ended up coming back as it suited their style better.

Red Bear

Referee
No theyve always been on Triple J, however they have had tv shows on commercial tv before.
Their commentary of the the mens gymnastics in the Sydney 2000 olympics was a classic.

I agree with the above that over the years the commentators have lightened up as a result of Roy and HG (and also probably the 12th man series).

Cloud9

AM i the only one here to think Roy and HG are not that funny. They are just a mature version of Rove. You'd be covered in spit working along side one of these slobbering idiots.

Charlie124

First Grade
AM i the only one here to think Roy and HG are not that funny. They are just a mature version of Rove. You'd be covered in spit working along side one of these slobbering idiots.

I voiced my dislike for these morons on the first page.

I've seen doctors delivering "your child has cancer" news to parents and it was funnier than listening to Roy & HG

Nuke

Staff member
Roy & HG are guarenteed to make me laugh everytime I listen to them - even if it's on their 'This Sporting Life' TripleJ programme and they're talking about some sport I know nothing of or care about.

Personally, with Perth not having TripleM at all, I will miss not being able to listen to them.

Bloody legends, the both of them.

cq

Juniors
They will be missed on the Js. As others have said, I hope they fill their pockets with cash and come back when they are ready.

miccle

Bench
Horrific news. Always such great value, and despite their unique style there is absolutely no doubt that they will change when on commercial radio. Pretty much everyone who was pretty decent value and funny on the J's and other ABC stations has been utter sh*te when the switch was made. Wil Anderson used to be genuinely entertaining, so there's the case in point!

Red Bear

Referee
I voiced my dislike for these morons on the first page.

I've seen doctors delivering "your child has cancer" news to parents and it was funnier than listening to Roy & HG
I'll leave my judgement of what is good ro not to someone who doesnt have Carl Webb in their avater.

Latest posts