What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saddest song

SP

Bench
Words by The Beegees (or Ronan Keating's version), i think the ronan keating one was played at a funeral of a girl who used to announce with me at the radio station when she died ealy this year

Bella

Juniors
Switchfoot - You
Cat Stevens - Wild World
Terry Jacks - Seasons in the Sun
James Taylor - Fire and Rain
Wallflowers - One Headlight
Googoo Dolls - Iris

for me

flowers for the dead - cuban link

"far from sensaitve but im shedding tears right now/cos im watching you fight for your life but i cant help out"

"flowers for the dead/at times i hear your voice still in my head/wishin you were here instead/these precious memories i cant forget/unas flores para los muertos"

les norton

First Grade
Noiseworks had a song called RIP Millie...I remember being like 10 and thinking it was the saddest song I'd ever heard

Phillips

Referee
cant remember what the song is called but it was played on an episode of Futurama where Fry found his dog, it went something like..."dont you forget about me"

its the only time ive cried watching a cartoon :cry:

Munky

Coach
Driver said:
cant remember what the song is called but it was played on an episode of Futurama where Fry found his dog, it went something like..."dont you forget about me"

Hmm, Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds was in the episode where Fry found out about his nephew (which was a sad episode.)

I don't remember it being in the one with his dog which really was a tear jerker of an episode.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Driver said:

lol, tbh I almost cried when they showed the dog sitting thurr for all those years.

Big Pete

Referee
Driver said:

That's the episode Jurrassic Bite right?

If so then that's not the Simple Minds song "Don't you forget about me".

It's actually "I will wait for you" by Connie Francis.

The episode with the Simple Minds episode was Luck of the Fryish.

Both were great episodes and must agree were very sad endings.

Slappy

Juniors
les norton said:
Noiseworks had a song called RIP Millie...I remember being like 10 and thinking it was the saddest song I'd ever heard

Noiseworks were a very sad band.
I remember when they changed their image about 3 times in the space of a year. One minute they release this manchester scene trippy song, and before you could sneeze they were c**k-rocking with hot chilli woman, then back to their normal drone selves again. It was probably their record company who was behind it, but either way it was a lousy grab for attention.

Floods

Juniors
Johnny Cash - "Hurt"
U2 - "Beautiful Day" (Was played at my best friends funeral last year as he didn't want us to be sad, chokes me up whenever I hear it)

raider_ktj

Juniors
Floods said:
Johnny Cash - "Hurt"
U2 - "Beautiful Day" (Was played at my best friends funeral last year as he didn't want us to be sad, chokes me up whenever I hear it)
Omg that song would be so sad at a funeral! I'm sorry for your loss.

carcharias

Immortal
tearjerker- chilli peppers
Sleepwalker - Johnny and Santo
Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles

but the Saddest song ever...
I want you - Elvis Costello ( some bitch fugged him over )

carcharias

Immortal
Floods said:

I played it at my wedding as we left the church.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
brook said:
black - pearl jam (noone going through a break-up should ever be allowed to listen to this song, the last time I did I think I had it on constant repeat for 2 weeks making myself miserable)

Eeew, talk about a way to make yourself even more miserable!!! Black certainly is pretty morose tune.

Latest posts