What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saffy Joins Dragons

Vicious

Bench
In my opinion, it`s a bad decision not to retain Saffy. We done all the groundwork to sign him and let him develop with us and now that he appears to be maturing into a physical first grade prop which is a diamond in the rough these days, we decide to let him go ???
In my opinion he`s definately worth more than $60,000 per season, but not sure what Shannon McDonnell has to do with it as he`s a winger/fullback, not a forward.

Vicious

Bench
innsaneink said:
I dont think you know what "a dime a dozen'' means, vish

:crazy: It`s been a long day and a long week, but now corrected.
In any case, do you agree with what i`m saying ???

Eddie.

Bench
The Club has been heading South for the past 18 months. Many mind boggling debacles on and off the field have been occuring starting way back in Feb of 06 with Prince leaving.

A few people picked up on it and were roundly shouted down at every opportunity. Now most are getting their head out of the sand. The last 6 weeks of the 2007 season opened peoples eyes, when in fact that period was just the culmination of 2 years of mis management and underacheivment.

I noticed Shines and Sizzler backed Douro Valley to win the cup. It ran a comfortable 11th, ominous signs in my books. Even more ominous was Shannon Mac backing the winner. Expect him to play 24 games in 2008. . Id be surprised if Wests Tigers better Douro Valley though

Estoboy

Juniors
and now st gregs siding with canberra

its as if the world is collapsing and the sky is falling

next we'll see Holy Cross pairing with Parra, Leichhardt being the home ground of Souths, Dawnie going for the storm and Harry sponsoring Easts

I tell ya, at this rate Laurie will be out of his grave and heading to concord to give them all a big slap in the face

Stagger eel

Staff member
Estoboy said:
and now st gregs siding with canberra

its as if the world is collapsing and the sky is falling

next we'll see Holy Cross pairing with Parra, Leichhardt being the home ground of Souths, Dawnie going for the storm and Harry sponsoring Easts

I tell ya, at this rate Laurie will be out of his grave and heading to concord to give them all a big slap in the face

I'm sure he did that the night the Balmain board agreed to merge with Western Suburbs.

weststigerman

Juniors
Why are you lot giving it to Ronald over and over?

I'm sure he is not the one actually making the decisions with recruitment. I would think this would be up to Sheens and Noyce.

Callan Pk

Juniors
eelavation said:
I'm sure he did that the night the Balmain board agreed to merge with Western Suburbs.

He was still alive then

Why are you lot giving it to Ronald over and over?

I'm sure he is not the one actually making the decisions with recruitment. I would think this would be up to Sheens and Noyce.
Warren McDonnell is in charge of jnr recruitment, Sheens/Noyce look after top tier signings.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Callan Pk said:
He was still alive then

and I'm aware of that but I'm sure he had a few quite [or in Laurie's case very loud] words at the board behind closed doors..

Spot on eddie this all started with Prince going. Between them shines, noyce, ronald and sizzler got together at the $1 counter lunch at Burwood RSL and decided to build an ad lib team of footballers around a pedestrian, geniused, athletic utility. Of course this was glossed over by chemical cuzzE who saw fit to bombard media outlets with stories of Tigers players on burke's renovation rescues and burkeyard blitz, as well as visiting some houso kid from matraville who was set on fire by another houso kid from Matraville. All the while, a thousand halfbacks moved clubs and we were left with the utter turd that was John Morris.

Then we have the decisions to release the likes of Phatz, Benny G, even Fitzy whilst the recruitment manager's spastic son was retained on a 3 yr deal in late May, despite him winning 3 from 22 first grade games.

As I understand it the Wests bloke Hammond hands over to a Balmain bloke this year who will be Chairman and have the casting vote on matters. Pressure for change hs to come through the Balmain side as the Wests dinosaurs won't replace clowns like Ronald

hybrid_tiger

Coach
steven_tiger said:
Saffy is an honest first grader, but he is NOT better than Galloway and Gibbs..

Saffy is better than Gibbs. Gibbs hits the lines like a f**king powderpuff.

Gibbs is f**king rubbish.

Gibbs is a very good player. There were more than a few glimpses this year that he is going to turn into a top notch prop. And i guess if it is Balmain's turn, the David Trodden would be the prime candidate for the WT Chairman position

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
cant even be bother reading all the posts.

Saffy a big loss - that is the biggest overstatement I have heard in a while.

Saffy is ordinary - one dimensional - still looks like a blindside flanker playing the wrong game. How long has he been at the tigers?? And played only 8 games and still average.

He is just one of those players - disgruntled fans like to put on a pedestal like he is a better option than what they've got.

Hahah yep that's it. Ryan O'Hara at 220k signed by the 4 wise men is a better option than Saffy at 60k. Stick to what you know about you f**king mug

Stagger eel

Staff member
themanonthehill said:
Hahah yep that's it. Ryan O'Hara at 220k signed by the 4 wise men is a better option than Saffy at 60k. Stick to what you know about you f**king mug

whilst any reasonable rugby league fan worth their salt would agree with you, the problem that you'd have is how do you sell a nuffy like ROH to another club without having to fork out a pay out figure, because there wouldn't any other NRL club who would fork out a figure any where near 220K for him.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Callan Pk said:
Gibbs is one of our better defenders
409 tkls with only 29 misses

Thats the line that's always trotted out.

Unfortunately he hits the line with all the force of a melted marshmellow.

I've heard for years that he is going to develop into a top prop. When I see it I'll believe it.

Hope I'm proven to be wrong, but IMO he's crap and until he starts playing like a top shelf prop he is another one of our players who is overrated yet still manages to find a way into Shines good books.

Also, his attitude off the field stinks. Other players who supposedly behaved poorly off the field and in terms of attitude, were punted i.e Chase, Jeffery, but Gibbs manages to remain.

Needs to pull his finger out.

Latest posts