What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saffy Joins Dragons

Stagger eel

Staff member
I watched O'Hara closely against my side late in the year in PL and he was completely dominated by part time footballers, I remember thinking what a fall from grace this guy has turned into.

I would imagine he'd be well into the 6 figure sum...

Hahah well into 6 figures .. bit more old chum
Try 220k pa
Maybe canberra players are still on the overs they were when they were over the cap and shines rorted a comp for them with 45 rep players

Spank

Juniors
That is very very disappointing to hear, he showed more potential on the field last year then half of the team.

So angry right now that we keep letting these great young players go, but i guess that explains the Corey Payne signing.

N.C.

Juniors
All this talk of letting Saffy go...

Did the Tigers punt Saffy, or did Saffy punt the Tigers?

For a kid who can count the number of first grade games he's played on two hands, why are we surprised that he's gone to chase other opportunities? The Dragons are a shambles, especially in the forwards, so he's onto a win/win where he'll be paid overs, but more importantly he stands more of a chance of getting a run every once in awhile. Good luck to him.

Ask not why did we let him go. Ask why didn't we give him a chance?

innsaneink

Referee
N.C. said:
All this talk of letting Saffy go...

Did the Tigers punt Saffy, or did Saffy punt the Tigers?

For a kid who can count the number of first grade games he's played on two hands, why are we surprised that he's gone to chase other opportunities? The Dragons are a shambles, especially in the forwards, so he's onto a win/win where he'll be paid overs, but more importantly he stands more of a chance of getting a run every once in awhile. Good luck to him.

Ask not why did we let him go. Ask why didn't we give him a chance?
They offered him more $$$.

Ice-Tiger

Juniors
Like a lot of people I was a bit surprised that we released Saffy. He showed a lot of mongrel that the team lacked last year.

When I found out that we signed Payne I was shocked because the Tigers management were looking at the issue of increasing the size of our team, Payne is actually smaller than Saffy (according to the stats I have read).

Why sacrifice size when we are looking to increase our size ?

I certainly hope our next signing is someone worth getting excited about.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
Ice-Tiger said:
Like a lot of people I was a bit surprised that we released Saffy. He showed a lot of mongrel that the team lacked last year.

When I found out that we signed Payne I was shocked because the Tigers management were looking at the issue of increasing the size of our team, Payne is actually smaller than Saffy (according to the stats I have read).

Why sacrifice size when we are looking to increase our size ?

I certainly hope our next signing is someone worth getting excited about.

I think the other aspect is also that the club is chock-full of 2nd rowers and lacking in depth for Props.

Our next signing will be super. Royce and Ronald are scouting Penruff reserve grade and Asquith Bears games. We'll all blow a load when our next signing walks into camp concord ... aged 29, NRL games 1 (off Bench) ,.. average metres 37 ... average hit ups 9 ... `i want to play origin'. Ronald will look like a Cheshire Cat who's got his hands on some full fat milk and said player will be sent to go 10 pin bowling with the geniuss in the WTF. Welcome to the Proton Satria/Wira (check the Wira out) Wests Tigers 2008 Edition