What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saffy Joins Dragons

eelavation said:
whilst any reasonable rugby league fan worth their salt would agree with you, the problem that you'd have is how do you sell a nuffy like ROH to another club without having to fork out a pay out figure, because there wouldn't any other NRL club who would fork out a figure any where near 220K for him.

And eelavation the ones that made the decision to sign that chain smoking canberra spastic (for 3 years no less) are the same ones that made the decision to let go of a minimum wage fringe player who hits the line as hard as anyone in the club. The management and admin of the tigers is a backwards, neolithic, nepotistic farce

Stagger eel

Staff member
themanonthehill said:
And eelavation the ones that made the decision to sign that chain smoking canberra spastic (for 3 years no less) are the same ones that made the decision to let go of a minimum wage fringe player who hits the line as hard as anyone in the club. The management and admin of the tigers is a backwards, neolithic, nepotistic farce

:lol:

we kinda had the same problem at Parra when Smithy used to over pay nuffy's for little an no return, ask Andrew McFadden, Adam Dykes and Wise kataverata...he attempted to over pay Riddell by about 40K over what he originally agreed to and Fitzgerald refused to sign the contract and told him to go back to Riddell and sign him for less or go to Cronulla..He decided to sign for less. ;-)

I will bet at least smith has won more than 40% of games since 1996 and qualified for more than 1 final series since 1996. And yes I am aware Smith didn't win a comp but Sheens jagged one against the trend of his post 1996 coaching ability. I'll see you your Dykes and Mcfadden and raise you an O'hara, sattler, graham, galloway, harris, lolesi and morris

Stagger eel

Staff member
themanonthehill said:
I will bet at least smith has won more than 40% of games since 1996 and qualified for more than 1 final series since 1996. And yes I am aware Smith didn't win a comp but Sheens jagged one against the trend of his post 1996 coaching ability. I'll see you your Dykes and Mcfadden and raise you an O'hara, sattler, graham, galloway, harris, lolesi and morris[/quote]

sh*t that is ordinary...

mind you Smith signed Cannings for 220K in 2004 and he'd only played half a dozen or so fg games.

Stagger eel

Staff member
just on Morris, i understood Sheen's method to his maddness however the writing was clearly on the wall by round 4 and he should of bit the bullet tried anopther combo and stick Morris at 14, where he belongs.

Callan Pk

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Thats the line that's always trotted out.

Unfortunately he hits the line with all the force of a melted marshmellow.

I've heard for years that he is going to develop into a top prop. When I see it I'll believe it.

Hope I'm proven to be wrong, but IMO he's crap and until he starts playing like a top shelf prop he is another one of our players who is overrated yet still manages to find a way into Shines good books.

Also, his attitude off the field stinks. Other players who supposedly behaved poorly off the field and in terms of attitude, were punted i.e Chase, Jeffery, but Gibbs manages to remain.

Needs to pull his finger out.

Thats the line thats alwas trotted out, he's always compared to Webke, Price Asotasi or any other "top prop"

He does whats needed, but thats still never enough, is it?

As for off field attitude, who really gives a f**k, he's a lad who at times has a few too many, whoopdee farkin doooo- if you dont like it go follow badminton you androtop

super_coach

First Grade
Every club needs about 6 props to get through a season. Now if you can get one for 100k or less you have done well. We gave Cashy away and now we have given Saffy away. He was probably never going to reach the very top, but to have a player on your books who was a solid front rower for under 100k a year is unbelievable. Madness but what else to you expect from camp concord

big boppa eel

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Thats the line that's always trotted out.

Unfortunately he hits the line with all the force of a melted marshmellow.

I've heard for years that he is going to develop into a top prop. When I see it I'll believe it.

Hope I'm proven to be wrong, but IMO he's crap and until he starts playing like a top shelf prop he is another one of our players who is overrated yet still manages to find a way into Shines good books.

Also, his attitude off the field stinks. Other players who supposedly behaved poorly off the field and in terms of attitude, were punted i.e Chase, Jeffery, but Gibbs manages to remain.

Needs to pull his finger out.
Agreed, off field behaviour will make you or brake as a player most of the times, unless you are a big name, which Gibbs isn't and does have issues off field, can't hold his grog, though in fairness to him he is not the only one, but have never been a fan of his, god forbid even if he joined the eels, just something about him that I don't like. other players I would put in the same mould are, Bird, Gallon, Watmough, they can play at least.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Callan Pk said:
Thats the line thats alwas trotted out, he's always compared to Webke, Price Asotasi or any other "top prop"

As for off field attitude, who really gives a f**k, he's a lad who at times has a few too many, whoopdee farkin doooo- if you dont like it go follow badminton you androtop
Are you for real you moron, why not just make it a free for all and let a few repeat offenders drink and assault men and women as much as they want if they can't handle the grog don't drink or in your case hes a lad who cares, I don't know about you pal but most fans would and do get sick and tired of some of these select dick heads behaviour, considering the average fan will only ever dream of a pay packet like that yet still spend their hard earned on their favourite team just to watch some prick run the club into the ground, fmd this is one of the dumbest comments i've ever come across and ive come across plenty. Grow a brain dickhead. By the way you are so aptly name Callan Park.

It's alright we have comical cuzzE informing all and sundry of how many hospitals they have visited and how many backyards they've paved. And on Morris, he is a mong and sheens won't bite the bullet because he is a stubborn clown who will pick a spastic for 60 games in the hope they have 1 good one so he can say `i knew they had it in them'. Tim Sheens is a myth

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Callan Pk said:

What's needed is hitting the line hard, not like a sack of sh1t.

*edit*

super_coach

First Grade
Gibbs has been touted for years as the next big thing. Now he is not the worse prop running around but I cant remeber to many games that he dominated in. 2007 we saw some glimpses of promise. Although I dont think his name came up to often when the the other coaches were planning their tactics. Still young but I have my doubts he will get near the top of the pile

You mean other coaches have tactics ?
Supercoach shines thinks tac tics are those lollies you buy at the servo when he fills up his Paul Wakeling SS commodore

super_coach

First Grade
Even back in the green machine days the great man Tommy Shines had a theory

You can teach an athlete to play football but you cant teach a footballer to be athletic. So ever since he and his followers have been searching the olympic squad for another Darren Clarke. Maybe the lunch box might be in his sights--we sure could do with some pace in the backrow. Of course their is aways the table tennis team an untapped supply of nippy backs.

Thats why our man is at the cutting edge ready to think beyond the oblong and you say his dosnt have tactics--hail the great man

super_coach

First Grade
Just another thing--cant seem to get onto the Wayne Counsins website. Dont tell me camp concord has tried the old maxwell smart tactic "code of silence". Pulled all the shutters down to the storm goes away or lets put our fingers in our ears and count to hundred and it will all go away.
My guess" routine maintance", just like" we made him an offer but he decided to accept another, we wish him well" Who said spin was dead

There is no talk of fan unrest. These infidels of discontent will be drowned and murdered and driven from the streets of the inner west. When my General Ronald and his trusty lieutenant Junior Burger rid the streets of the vermin dissenters you will all see good will triumph

Long live comical cuzzE

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
Hahah yep that's it. Ryan O'Hara at 220k signed by the 4 wise men is a better option than Saffy at 60k. Stick to what you know about you f**king mug

why are you comparing him to O'hara - he is not an option they have utilized clearly. While I dont think theyre superstars I rate Gibbs, Galloway, Payten all better options regardless of what they get paid.
There is a reason why saffy doesnt command much money.

Stick to what your know about???

You a genius - all you too is fantasize about sizzleer, junior burger, sheens.

Saffy still is a union player trying to play league. He should enrol himself in a summer tag/touch team if he wants to learn how to get the basics.

And what is O'Hara you f**king clown ?
Ask anyone who has watched the tigers who is a better option and better value
O'HAra should contemplate touch as well .. he should excel at it .. he drops at first contact and averages 4.7m a hit up ... mixed touch would be right up his street
Cretin