What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints fans challenged to turn up

ebbedfred

Bench
I hate to even give this article air time given the paper it's coming from. They have to be kidding don't they?

At least we support our team every year, and not just when they doing well. Only one way to prove them wrong though

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...enged-to-turn-up/story-e6frexnr-1225926472204

Saints fans challenged to turn up

ST GEORGE Illawarra fans could be left "embarrassed" and accused of "lacking passion" if they allow Wests Tigers supporters to hijack ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.
NRL officials are expecting a crowd of 65,000 to 70,000 for the NRL grand final qualifier - provided Saints fans are prepared to travel to Homebush from southern Sydney and Wollongong.
"Dragons fans don't travel," said Balmain great Ben Elias, taunting and teasing the Red V army.
NRL officials are aware that Wests Tigers fans will cram ANZ, but remain unsure whether Dragons supporters will attend the grudge match.
One well-placed source close to the big match was even more forthright.
"There's no doubt Tigers fans will pack the stadium, but there's a question mark over the so-called Dragons army," the rugby league insider said.
"St George Illawarra have the history, but maybe the fans aren't as passionate as those of the other big Sydney clubs.
Start of sidebar.

"It would be embarrassing if the red and white were overwhelmed by black and gold on Saturday night.
"That's the challenge for each and every Dragons fan to answer."
Dragons fans didn't sell out the 19,000-capacity WIN Jubilee for week one of the finals against Manly. The game attracted just 15,574 fans.
Elias and and fellow Tigers great Garry Jack are tipping Tigers fans to swamp ANZ Stadium.
"I think it will be close to a 2:1 ratio," Elias said.
"Geographically we have Saints' measure. We have Campbelltown to the west of ANZ Stadium and Balmain to the east.
"Dragons fans don't travel.
"They certainly won't come up from Wollongong.
"We believe we can win the premiership. We have momentum. They didn't even sell out Kogarah for the opening finals match."
Jack said: "There are a lot of Tigers fans out there. I think there will be more Tigers fans there than Dragons supporters. The Tigers have Balmain fans, Western Suburbs fans and Wests Tigers fans. It should be a riveting game."

j0nesy

Bench
:lol:

What's with all of the Tiger's 'faithful' coming out and sprouting crap to the media?

I predicted there would be a Telecrap 'rebuttal' after the piece that was published on Beau Ryan by the SMH yesterday. It's the Telecrap, sh*t paper, enough said.

saint_girl

Juniors
This article annoyed the crap out of me this morning. What a way to start my morning on the train. (I know I shouldn't be reading this crap but it is the easier newspaper to read on the train - the other paper is too big). All the articles of the Saints Vz Tigers game covered the Tigers and the only mention Saints got was about our lack of fans. WTF!!! :x

They have to be kidding themselves. We are a loud, proud Dragon Army and lets show them who the quiet ones are on Saturday night.

I even have my mother in law travelling 4 hours, so myself, my husband and my father in law can get to the game and yell until we can yell no more. :D :D :D

FIRE UP SAINTS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coshie

Juniors
I am stuck at work without being able to access my home e-mail account.Does anyone have the code to get the tickets yet.If so can one of you guys pm me it, so i can book my tickets before i go home.

Godz Illa

Coach
Crap paper

How do they dream up this rubbish? We have the highest away crowds in the NRL by a mile.

Crap crap paper

cleary89

Coach
Tell that to the people im standing in line with at newcastle entertainment centre. 2 been here since 3.30

big pat

Coach
once again we have the crap paper, with they're crap agenda, did the terrorgraph carry on like this when brown was coach.

big pat

Coach
Tell that to the people im standing in line with at newcastle entertainment centre. 2 been here since 3.30

jarrod choker, sort of took me back to 77 with mick cronin, of course cronin's was more costly, but shows you what pressure can do to teams, hopefully saints have learned from last year.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Worst than Crap Paper. At least crap paper has a practical use.

Here's my take on the author's true meaning. A dump and a desperate attempt by a glorified restroom wall scrawler trying to flush out his bowels...

They are really trying to say that this is akin to a Wests home game. A home final they did not earn, and do not deserve. They are conceding that the NRL have given them every opportunity to gain a home ground advantage.

Essentially, Wests/Balmain have no excuses should they lose.

Apart from that, the article deserved no better than to be sent down the S-bend.

Damn, looks like it'll need a second flush.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Telecrap strikes again.

f**k me, FIRE UP BOYS!! It's time to put the nightmare to end!!

RedVDave

First Grade
The Tigpies and Telegraph have something in common they both have the IQ of a pork chop.

All this sh!t talking will just fire the boys up and the fans up, I hope they say something new (and untelligent) everyday take the pressure right off us, plus they will be at a loss of words when we beat them on Saturday.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
If I was Bennett, I'd sticky tape the walls of ANZ with all the sh*t articles we've had this year and simply point them out to the players before the game.

Enough material there to turn our lads into rabbit postal workers intent on dismembering Benji Marshall and the Tigpies.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
You know what this is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard in my life. Cant believe that someone would write this. As soon as I heard this I bought 20 tickets to the game and all the people that are going are dragons supporters. Im fired up. I know that the boys will be fired up. I hope that we will see red and white everywhere. We have got the best fans in the NRL by far no question.
Fire the f##k up dragons. cant wait!!!

DragonLady

Juniors
I am stuck at work without being able to access my home e-mail account.Does anyone have the code to get the tickets yet.If so can one of you guys pm me it, so i can book my tickets before i go home.

It is already hasn't been mentioned, I was able to purchase tickets this morning WITHOUT having to use the code. A friend of mine was also able to buy tickets and she is not a season ticket holder of any club.

Coshie

Juniors
It is already hasn't been mentioned, I was able to purchase tickets this morning WITHOUT having to use the code. A friend of mine was also able to buy tickets and she is not a season ticket holder of any club.

Cheers mate..i have just got mine..i would like nothing more than to see one of our boys( don't care who) intercept one of benjis trick passes and run the length of the field of a try :crazy:

GET IN THERE DRAGONS

ebbedfred

Bench

I hear ticket sales have been temporarily suspended after a ticketek glitch allowed this to happen.

Dragon

Coach
One well-placed source close to the big match was even more forthright.
"There's no doubt Tigers fans will pack the stadium, but there's a question mark over the so-called Dragons army," the rugby league insider said.

What a joke, cant even come up with a fake source for random bullsh*t quotes. The article is a complete waste of time. And its no surprise to see backdoor Benny trying to wind us up