What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints join Roosters....the sanity is starting to prevail

Kaz

junior
B-Bob said:
Why do you think poor Newcastle is so poor?

Could it be the people in charge.

They are desperate for money, the 1st game at Lang Park the Broncos offered them $200,000.

The Knights happily took the money, the Broncos made well over 1 million in tickets, food etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it had been the Roosters or any other team, they would have had to pay more as other teams would have known what the crowd & sales of food would be like. :lol:

The Knights thought we were being generous. :D

Kaz

junior
B-Bob said:
Hey ? Was that supposed to be a Newcastle Home Game? The Knights dont even do their own catering - they let someone else make money out of it. Yes the Knights are one of the clubs Melon says are only in financial strife because they couldnt run a bath. Thats why the Bronocs are a successful club - they have brains. Tigers will get there one of these days, but we need to win to make the supporters proud!

No, it was the Broncos home game, the 1st game back at Lang Park.

They spoilt the party, but the Broncos were laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe if the Tigers change their name back to Balmain Tigers.

It is not the same without Balmain.

legend

Coach
Penny, it's a case of simple economics and by giving concessions to richer clubs for development, the poorer clubs are already disadvantaged and behind the eight ball while richer clubs would dominate the player market. In the space of a year the NRL would be reduced to ten teams and in my humble opinion, it would sound the death knell for rugby league as we know it.

I'm just waiting to see if the Roosters or the NRL blink because if it goes to court, the NRL will be re-arranging deckchairs on the Titanic,it's that simple.

Kaz said:
Maybe if the Tigers change their name back to Balmain Tigers.

It is not the same without Balmain.

Wash your mouth out.

"It's not the same without the Magpies" would be an acceptable alternative. ;-)

Generalzod

Immortal
Surely they can find the money to increase the salary cap for all the teams, It could come from the Broadcasting rights..

Legend, I understand the point you are making. But is it fair to disadvantage a Club that is fiscally viable? Generalzod, replied before me and like him I was going to make the point that the NRL do have the capacity to assist the Clubs with financial problems.

Setting aside the current issue, it would appear that there is a great deal of concern regarding certain Clubs virtually being on the verge of being bankrupt. Long term, keeping the Salary Cap as it is won't save these Clubs, as everyday expenditure will continue to increase. Staff wages, administration expenses, general purchases will all increase with time despite a salary cap.

If the monies generated from Broadcast rights were distrubuted a Club like Newcastle [who despite winning two Grand Finals in 7 years are still piisspoor] would be able to continue. It seems to me that that the Salary Cap issue has highlighted other issues that urgently need to be addressed.

melon....

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
red white bluester said:
Aww what's wrong? Trying to use petty insults to justify your argument? I'm not claiming that Flannery, Crocker etc are juniors we DEVELOPED them from an early age. We put them on a scholarship when they were at our feeder club Redcliffe and we are now reaping the rewards. Is that too hard for you to understand?

Errr, can I interest you in a frontal lobotomy?

What's an early age?

Why have you put the Paea brothers in as juniors when they're developed players at best.

Why did you come one here all fired up without the facts.

I insulted you with petty insults, because you don't deserve anything better than that.
Ignore this Queen loving Royal jockstrap. If I didnt know better Id say you were related to the Greatest Brain character. The obviousl similarities is your the type of kid everyone wanted to bash at school...you know the annoying, but not quite classified nerd.

Now I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself and go away for a couple of days. Rethink the stupidity of this post and others like challenging me, Cogburn and anyone else for that matter to anything for that matter.

melon....

Coach
Willow said:
Major difference between the two clubs:
The Dragons chief does not want to see the matter end up in the courts
If you read the article and comments from Easts, neither do they. Doust doesnt want it in court...doesnt mean he wont go through with it if it gets to court. Itll be messier but the cap will be corrected eventually this way....basically its in Gallop's court.

melon....

Coach
Chicken_Hunter said:
The roosters just want to continue the tradition of buying success. Unlike other teams who out of years of hard work, development and coaching win a premiership.

The roosters are just a manufactured team with a second rate prick of a coach. Anyone could coach the roosters to being a great team with all the talent they buy.
Please tell me youre the same genius from Newcastle's now dead web site....WHAT A FARKWIT!!! You were one of the greatest imbeciles to grace Wayne's World...truely a master of morons. And your comments here confirm as much.

melon....

Coach
Is it just me or is RLE just downright stupid. He doesn't try and destroy an argument with things like.... facts, he just tries to intimidate whoever made the post he's referring to.

I find three scans of cards and being told "I'm dreamin'" more times than it was said in the movie "The Castle" to be really intimidating.

Git.

Going to have a go at the 7's mate or do I have to trot out the coward line?
An Englishman calling someone a coward...oh the irony!!

melon.... said:
Ignore this Queen loving Royal jockstrap. If I didnt know better Id say you were related to the Greatest Brain character. The obviousl similarities is your the type of kid everyone wanted to bash at school...you know the annoying, but not quite classified nerd.

Now I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself and go away for a couple of days. Rethink the stupidity of this post and others like challenging me, Cogburn and anyone else for that matter to anything for that matter.

Who died and left you in charge of anything other than being a d!ckhead?

I've challenged a shitload better than any of you three, in fact you three put together don't match Willow or Legend. You survive on lame insults and a sheer ignorance of the facts involved in any argument . To be perfectly blunt, you're the worst of the lot because I'm reliably informed that at one time, you had some intelligence.

I'm yet to see anything from you that confirms that.

"We were the best team of 2003".

Tosser.

melon.... said:
Is it just me or is RLE just downright stupid. He doesn't try and destroy an argument with things like.... facts, he just tries to intimidate whoever made the post he's referring to.

I find three scans of cards and being told "I'm dreamin'" more times than it was said in the movie "The Castle" to be really intimidating.

Git.

It would have been ironic if

A) I had called him a coward,

or

B) If I was English.

I'm not English and I'm not French either.

Irony would be you checking your family history and finding that you should actually be calling yourself Grapefruit.

The Integral Scum are now a beacon of managment and wisdom according to Melon.

Do you see what your club is making you think, Melon?

LOL at B-Bob. :lol:

Hey, if someone is editing my posts, I'd prefer to be advised that it was done and by whom thanks.

So I can get stuck into you, of course.

melon....

Coach
melon.... said:

Git.

It would have been ironic if

A) I had called him a coward,

or

B) If I was English.

I'm not English and I'm not French either.

Irony would be you checking your family history and finding that you should actually be calling yourself Grapefruit.
LOL!!! You are ridiculously bordering on basket case status. You implied you would call him a coward...your a ironic fool. Go on stew away you angry little man...LOLOL!!!!

A bit different to actually calling him one isn't it?

Imagine me calling you the cyberspace equivalent of Mad Cow disease, or on the other hand just intimating that I may say it if you aren't prepared to admit that you're actually a born and bred proud Westie in real life.

See the difference Pop?

drake

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
The Integral Scum are now a beacon of managment and wisdom according to Melon.

quote]
Who are Integral Scum? Currently there are no teams sponsored by Integral Energy.
In seriousness, I'm quite torn by Peter Doust's support of raising the cap.
I agreed with his statement on cap concessions for juniours and long term players, but raising the cap is ridiculous at this point in time, no matter who says it. All the arguments presented to Roosters still apply in my opinion.
If he supports the roosters in the courts, contrary to what he has said, I say we bring back the "OUST DOUST" banners. I would love to see the Dragons retain all our players, but not at the cost of honour and integrity.
If only more players followed Lance Thompson's lead, such things would be uneeded.

Integral Scum is Melon's favourite nick for his most hated team. I was just calling him on it now that they're "showing the way" for the rest of us.

Good on you for not blindly following your club too.

Jimbo

Immortal
The Chooks are hardly off the hook. All that has happened is that another mob is showing the same selfish, arrogant attitude.

drake

First Grade
Jimbo said:
The Chooks are hardly off the hook. All that has happened is that another mob is showing the same selfish, arrogant attitude.
Bwah hahahahahahahahahahahaha
How rich coming from you Himbo. Sharks the first one's to join SL?
Shark's can't jump on board, can they?
They have to save their cash to stave off Ope's law suit.
If they had the money for a higher cap, they would have been there with the Roosters straight away. After all, you have no integrity to lose.

You may have a point, but coming from a die hard Scum supporter like you, it's too much. Sharks are a bunch of whores who sold their name and local pride to join another comp.
Go on boy, mention the merger, it's all you've got.

Latest posts